Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.

Me too! Especially if I've had a drink (or two) :D I will wake up and have plates and bowls stacked on my dresser and look at my husband and he's like "it wasn't me." LOL!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Remember when some folks posted they sneak meat into dinners they serve vegetarians? Tonight is a perfect example of why you don't do that. I am soooo sick tonight and I strongly suspect it's because some grilled veggies I ate at a diner had likely been cooked in the same pan as someone's meat and they didn't wash between servings. I have only felt like this once before and that was the cause. I know how a horse feels when it colics. :(

That's dangerous. If someone did that with shellfish, they could kill me. I am so so sorry that you are feeling bad.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Happy Easter, everyone! He is risen! Here is how my Easter outfit turned out.
    mdqfq8ew7p4x.jpeg

And the variations I toyed with...
    cls8sumkfxex.jpeg
    epu9c93o2878.jpeg

Very nice! I like the lighter blue sweater best.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Remember when some folks posted they sneak meat into dinners they serve vegetarians? Tonight is a perfect example of why you don't do that. I am soooo sick tonight and I strongly suspect it's because some grilled veggies I ate at a diner had likely been cooked in the same pan as someone's meat and they didn't wash between servings. I have only felt like this once before and that was the cause. I know how a horse feels when it colics. :(

That is such a douchey thing to do, I'm so sorry it happened to you!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Good morning, ladies. Care to go lifting?

3s6l8rvezws7.jpg
    Um, yes, please...

Only if he can be my spotter.....

ho3nd4gy2yzv.jpg

He can spot me anytime ;)
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Happy Easter, everyone! He is risen! Here is how my Easter outfit turned out.
    mdqfq8ew7p4x.jpeg

And the variations I toyed with...
    cls8sumkfxex.jpeg
    epu9c93o2878.jpeg

You look super cute! Also, congrats on the 10 pull ups!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Ugh. I went vegan a few years ago. I lasted about a year.
    My BFF made homemade spaghetti and meatballs the night before we were to run a half marathon. I decided to just try a couple of the meatballs, since I'd never had her homemade meatballs before.

Worst half marathon ever. I was in the port-a-johns about 6 times. Learned my lesson.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I had a miserable day yesterday. Tons of stress, no exercise, everything fell by the wayside. So I restarted daily exercise today, signed up for my 34 mile prep race in June for the 50 mile in Nov, got an appt for my cat for a check up and am seeking a groomer for her coat (has mats and will only let me partly brush her out).

I now know where my exhaustion I have been feeling for months is coming from. I was fine in PR with same amount of sleep, I come back to NJ and work and am exhausted. I think its stress... so I need to just fight through it and find some good outlets.

Happy Good Friday for those of you who practice.

Patricia

You got this! If anyone can rock a 34 mile & 50 mile race it's you! Since it's nicer out can you go on a lot of horse rides to destress?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Ran my Insane Inflatable 5k this morning and had a blast. It was fun! We did see a few injuries along the way, but I came out unscathed. I will definitely sign up for another one.

Way to rock it @crosbylee!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Jen58473 wrote: »
    I ate an entire 100g chocolate bar for breakfast, using the excuse that I can make it fit my calories. This is terrible news for the rest of my day because my TOM cravings aren't a problem until the afternoon and I totally just set myself up for a blood sugar crash.

Throw in a long walk and earn some extra calories. ..

This! Sometimes you just have to feed the damn PMS monster.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I had a miserable day yesterday. Tons of stress, no exercise, everything fell by the wayside. So I restarted daily exercise today, signed up for my 34 mile prep race in June for the 50 mile in Nov, got an appt for my cat for a check up and am seeking a groomer for her coat (has mats and will only let me partly brush her out).

I now know where my exhaustion I have been feeling for months is coming from. I was fine in PR with same amount of sleep, I come back to NJ and work and am exhausted. I think its stress... so I need to just fight through it and find some good outlets.

Happy Good Friday for those of you who practice.

Patricia

You got this! If anyone can rock a 34 mile & 50 mile race it's you! Since it's nicer out can you go on a lot of horse rides to destress?

I can but its a long drive from work and sometimes when you are really stressed you don't want to ride like that...can be miserable for the horse to have a tense rider... But mostly its the 1hour 40 min drive to the barn that does me in when I have had a crappy day. A weekend with the horses always takes all the tension away though!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Ugh. I went vegan a few years ago. I lasted about a year.
    My BFF made homemade spaghetti and meatballs the night before we were to run a half marathon. I decided to just try a couple of the meatballs, since I'd never had her homemade meatballs before.

Worst half marathon ever. I was in the port-a-johns about 6 times. Learned my lesson.

Well... I never deliberately eat meat. But Pasta the night before a race does something similar to me. I missed a BQ time because of stopping at the porta potty because of Pasta. Now I only eat it 2 days before a race!
  • Oberon21
    Options

That's dangerous. If someone did that with shellfish, they could kill me. I am so so sorry that you are feeling bad.

I felt like I was going to die (cue the melodrama). It was agony. I am not going to lie...
  • lthur714
    lthur714 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Okay....this is a hard one for me, but I'm going to put it out there. It took me 39 years to learn that my husband really does love me at any weight. From the day we married, I gained about 10 pounds every couple of years. I think somehow I was sabotaging myself all these years to prove it to myself that I was worthy of love. When I realized he wasn't going anywhere, the light bulb went off.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.

Me too! Especially if I've had a drink (or two) :D I will wake up and have plates and bowls stacked on my dresser and look at my husband and he's like "it wasn't me." LOL!

Yeah, when I drink I'll do that too. I like your horse profile pic. :)
  • lthur714
    lthur714 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    lthur714 wrote: »
    Okay....this is a hard one for me, but I'm going to put it out there. It took me 39 years to learn that my husband really does love me at any weight. From the day we married, I gained about 10 pounds every couple of years. I think somehow I was sabotaging myself all these years to prove it to myself that I was worthy of love. When I realized he wasn't going anywhere, the light bulb went off. They say a lot of times this weight business has an emotional component and I think that is right

• Oberon21
    Options

Feeling better this morning @Oberon21 ? I hope so. Sorry folks don't understand how something like that can really throw another persons body for a loop.

I finally felt better about mid afternoon. I know, usually I make sure they know to wash the pan, but I totally didn't think about it. A mistake I won't be making again!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Ok ate and drank why to much toady

Probably a lot of people did...that is what a holiday is for, right? :wink:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay....this is a hard one for me, but I'm going to put it out there. It took me 39 years to learn that my husband really does love me at any weight. From the day we married, I gained about 10 pounds every couple of years. I think somehow I was sabotaging myself all these years to prove it to myself that I was worthy of love. When I realized he wasn't going anywhere, the light bulb went off. They say a lot of times this weight business has an emotional component and I think that is right

Oh, it definitely has an emotional component. I think its 90% emotions. I know when I have a terrible day I want comfort food. And wine. I think it's wonderful you realized this, and now if you want to lose the weight for YOU then you know what your trigger was to gain it and and can work on combating that to lose it. Stick around, this is a good place to work these things out. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited March 2016
    Options

I felt like I was going to die (cue the melodrama). It was agony. I am not going to lie...

I feel like that when I get food cross contaminated with gluten. I feel you. Shellfish is another feeling all together. The throat closing and audible whistle of your breath is frightening in a whole different way. (thank God for epinephrine)