New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Me either. The fruity ones look really good especially that pineapple upside down cake!

• windime
    windime Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    3pektmbwd6ny.png

I love love love these!! The best alternative to regular chips ever. Less calories, great flavor, and gluten free to boot.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    The Strawberry Shortcake Oreos are amazing!

This particular limited edition can only be found at Wal-Mart for the time being since it's an exclusive.

ohhh mannnn walmart is SO far from me. might be worth it
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    yj1k2d9yaf87.jpeg

Found an Ehrmann product as well today. Was nice that it was on sale, so got a couple to try, the blueberry cookie and the white chocolate raspberry flavors. Will report back.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I wonder if these are a Kroger specific brand. I almost picked their salted caramel this week.

Oooooo, I want those strawberry Oreos so bad. :disappointed:

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I wonder if these are a Kroger specific brand. I almost picked their salted caramel this week.

Oooooo, I want those strawberry Oreos so bad. :disappointed:

I was wondering if the brand was exclusive to Kroger as well. The Pineapple Upside Down Cake & Mango Crisp both sound awesome!

Sam's Choice ice cream I've read also has a few new flavors (Wal-Mart exclusive brand).

I'm not a huge novelty ice cream fan in particular since I would rather eat a bowl of ice cream, but I so have to buy this!

25989048862_b38f4bdc67_z.jpg?resize=545%2C640&ssl=1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I don't think I've ever seen this brand.

I saw these at Wegmans though...

ehrmann_grand_dessert_double_choc.jpg

in 4 different flavors... but 240 calories for a small cup of pudding is just ugh. I'm quite sure that the ones I used to eat in France were not that many calories...

Yum the pudding looks yummy, but definitely not for 240 calories.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    windime wrote: »
    3pektmbwd6ny.png

I love love love these!! The best alternative to regular chips ever. Less calories, great flavor, and gluten free to boot.

How many calories are they?

Comparable to Special K or Pop Chips?
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    81U3t0d8EaL._SX522_.jpg

These kinda taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, just less sweet.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how new these are, but I received a free three piece sample of this flavor in the mail the other day and just had a chance to try it this morning. Very tasty! I was expecting some milk chocolate chewy candy, but it actually had a hard shell like an m&m (and was a lot bigger, too, like a Hershey's drop) but the inside was a very complex dark chocolate/espresso base. Almost as strong as an espresso bean without the crunch, but the chocolate made it a bit sweeter and less bitter without being too sweet! Overall I was very impressed and will be purchasing more, perhaps in the mint flavor next time! As for the caffeine/energy component to it, I had one serving (three pieces), which gave me a little energy but nothing through the roof. I try to drink caffeine every other day so if you're a regular drinker you probably won't feel anything with three pieces, but for those who drink it less often you'll definitely get a small buzz! With a bigger tub I can't see myself stopping at three pieces, though...

za4qb9kfe9jb.jpg
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    81U3t0d8EaL._SX522_.jpg

These kinda taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, just less sweet.

I love those!
  • windime
    windime Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    3pektmbwd6ny.png

3pektmbwd6ny.png

They are 160 a bag and way better tasting than the others
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I'm not sure how new these are, but I received a free three piece sample of this flavor in the mail the other day and just had a chance to try it this morning. Very tasty! I was expecting some milk chocolate chewy candy, but it actually had a hard shell like an m&m (and was a lot bigger, too, like a Hershey's drop) but the inside was a very complex dark chocolate/espresso base. Almost as strong as an espresso bean without the crunch, but the chocolate made it a bit sweeter and less bitter without being too sweet! Overall I was very impressed and will be purchasing more, perhaps in the mint flavor next time! As for the caffeine/energy component to it, I had one serving (three pieces), which gave me a little energy but nothing through the roof. I try to drink caffeine every other day so if you're a regular drinker you probably won't feel anything with three pieces, but for those who drink it less often you'll definitely get a small buzz! With a bigger tub I can't see myself stopping at three pieces, though...

za4qb9kfe9jb.jpg

I got a sample too... very tasty!
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    z82bpm53nczn.jpeg
    on an ice cream kick lately so today i got all three of these new flavors. There are some other new ones but I thought 3 was way more then enough haha. We have a lot of family in town so luckily they wont be sitting there tempting me all the time.

The pecan pie is ok. It's ice cream, so enjoyable, but it kind of disappoints, especially when I make a bomb bourbon pecan pie myself. Probably won't get again.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

za4qb9kfe9jb.jpg

I got sample of these too, I loved them!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    wyh1k3pukyjq.jpg

I tried this today. I have mixed feelings. The caramel swirl is plentiful and pretty good, though does taste like it's sweetened with sugar alcohols. The oatmeal cookie chunks are underwhelming - if I wasn't told that's what they are, I'd think they were particularly bland walnut chunks! The caramel base ice cream is okay but not amazing. I like Halo top more, but this is pretty good if you're after the caramel swirl and can't fit "real" ice cream into your calories.

Thanks for the review, how would you say they compare to arctic zero chunky pints?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ASH_DVM wrote: »
    fishshark wrote: »
    z82bpm53nczn.jpeg
    on an ice cream kick lately so today i got all three of these new flavors. There are some other new ones but I thought 3 was way more then enough haha. We have a lot of family in town so luckily they wont be sitting there tempting me all the time.

The pecan pie is ok. It's ice cream, so enjoyable, but it kind of disappoints, especially when I make a bomb bourbon pecan pie myself. Probably won't get again.
    I'm not super interested in trying that flavor. Especially after Ben and Jerry's bourbon pecan pie. It's high in calories but very much worth it.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    wyh1k3pukyjq.jpg

I tried this today. I have mixed feelings. The caramel swirl is plentiful and pretty good, though does taste like it's sweetened with sugar alcohols. The oatmeal cookie chunks are underwhelming - if I wasn't told that's what they are, I'd think they were particularly bland walnut chunks! The caramel base ice cream is okay but not amazing. I like Halo top more, but this is pretty good if you're after the caramel swirl and can't fit "real" ice cream into your calories.

Thanks for the review, how would you say they compare to arctic zero chunky pints?

I've had Enlightened's salted caramel and cookie dough pints, so I can compare the cookie dough for you! It has a good amount of mix-ins, but I think arctic zero has a slight edge over them for having more cookie dough pieces which are slightly tastier/more gritty, not to mention less calories for the pint. However, the cookie dough in arctic zero helps distract you from the rather bland base, whereas the ice cream in Englightened (actually I don't even think arctic zero is considered ice cream, it's a frozen dessert) tastes much closer to the real thing if you compare them and is dense and creamier! Slight erythritol aftertaste though, so if you've had erythritol and don't like it you probably won't be a fan. But I thought it was nice for a change! I'll probably keep buying their other pints to try out since halo top's flavors are limited in my area and arctic zero doesn't sell too many chunky ones around me (not crazy at all about their key lime, really their cookie dough is the only one I've been crazy about). Arctic zero's cookie dough has the edge for calories and the cookie dough is so prevalent you forget about the icy, bland base. But I like Enlightened's greater flavor variety! TBD after trying arctic zero's newly released flavors, however ;)
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    wyh1k3pukyjq.jpg

I've never bought Arctic Zero, so I can't compare them.