40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Did my first Tennis game of the season yesterday. Whole fam went to Whistler for the last ski (for us) of the season. Super sunny and warm......and i forgot suncreeen so everyone is a bit burnt. The rain starts again on Monday but this week has been amazing. Diet is good and weigh day on Monday should be good too.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    5aa8vwo9xozb.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    2 "dog beds"...aaaaand she wants to lay in the laundry basket...on the clean(-ish) clothes.
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Can you blame her? I might crawl into mine it looks so comfy!
  • gam3rguy
    60to35 wrote: »
    Can you blame her? I might crawl into mine it looks so comfy!
    nah, she does pretty much whatever she wants. she MAY be a little "spoiled".

today's a rest day. if it DOESN'T rain like hell, i'll take the pup for a hike in her "big yard" later.

• gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 3"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • tojo_73
    Good weigh in today (for the first time in a month). Went for a ski on Saturday. Dragged the kids along in an unsuccessful bid to find the ice cave on Blackcomb glacier. The kids are skiied out. Given that the temp hit 21 yesterday I think I may be too.

Went for more of a social bike ride for coffee and avocado to deep cove at what can only be described as an easy pace 20km at about 18km/hr pace with an hour for coffee. Felt a bit guilty to bail out for 2 hrs for such a short ride but certainly enjoyable.

Got a bunch of work to crank through this week after a pretty half assed week last week. Loving the sun and warmth. Spring is here!

• 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Down 2 pounds this week. Ran hard yesterday and I am really hungry because of it today. Never sure how much to give into that hunger- still have 20 lbs to go.
    HIIT today- cardio and upper body.
    I wish spring was here too Tojo- expecting snow tomorrow :(
  • tojo_73
    60to35 wrote: »
    I wish spring was here too Tojo- expecting snow tomorrow :(

Ouch, East coast? Hope it isn't as bad as last year. I visited my sister in Halifax in May and they still had a smattering of snow. Out here the snow isn't an issue (it stays on the mountains where it belongs :smile: ) the problem is that it rains 20 days a month for 6 months!
  • StaPositv
    StaPositv Posts: 13 Member
    I'm in...45 years young with two daughters - (almost 19 and just turned 15). I keep trying to convince my 15 year old that I am cool (LOL), so I am so excited to join this group of cool kids!

Over the last 2 years I went on one of life's roller coasters. Finishing up my Master's degree, left me up 30 pounds. I was working it off and doing well. Then, a concussion and diagnosis of ocular myasthenia gravis (MG) later, I was weighing in about 70 pounds up from my preferred weight. So, about four months ago I began to slowly change my diet. By mid-January, I completely re-structured my eating to include smart food options (where I actually cook) and removed junk food. I am finally back to working out with Turbo Fire and P90X. I have lost about 30 pounds now, with 40 more to go (but I would be okay with only losing 30 more pounds as long as I am fit). With doctor's guidance for supplements and vitamins to combat the MG, I am finally beginning to feel good.

I'm blessed to live where the sun shines most of the time, so I enjoy outdoor activities on the weekends. I enjoy exercise when I feel good, so I like a morning workout to get me going and an evening workout when my muscle are more willing to put in hard work. My 15 year old joins me a few evenings a week. She's helping me with my flexibility and box jumps, and I am helping her with her overall strength training as she's transitioning out of gymnastics due to an elbow ligament tear last summer.

Here is to great things to come!!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    @gam3rguy - concert looks like it was amazing! So fun!! Great job still kickin' butt with your workouts.

Welcome to the new cool kids. :smile:

I keep forgetting to enter my exercise. Ran on Friday, then curled all weekend. WAs sore and tired yesterday after a weekend of curling, dancing, partying, etc. Theme for the bonspiel was "battle of the bands". No one did Iron Maiden. That would have been an awesome costume! My team didn't dress (poor sports), but I had some great ideas. O well, partied like a rock star Saturday night instead. :wink: No workout tonight, as I have to host the community wide walking challenge kickoff event. Back at it tomorrow.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hey everyone!!!! Busy bee working out, boring job and getting ready for vacation!!!! I just hate packing...

Gam, were the clothes warm? One of my dogs, the dachshund, loves to snuggle in the clothes that are just out of the dryer lol

Sdereski, nice hearing from you!!!

@Beeps2011, what are you up to?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    alf1163 wrote: »

@Beeps2011, what are you up to?

Lifting! Working! Dieting!

Spring is coming!!

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Arms and chest= Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 2 & Core 1"=Done!
  • Charvh1
    Charvh1 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi - 48....almost 49! Great to find others in the same age category that also have an interest in keeping healthy!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Good leg workout today! Ready to go to work. Blah blah blah

Beeps, BOOM!! :D

Have a great day!!
  • arnegetsfit2016
    arnegetsfit2016 Posts: 10 Member
    Hey there, 42 male here! Count me in.

I have to loose 8 kilo. Already done 5 :-) but its hard to stay on track now! So I need some more motivation.
  • gam3rguy
    LEGS! DONE!