Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• itsafatrose
    itsafatrose Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I ate 10 truffles today (like 600 cals, almost half my limit) plus girl scout cookies. Whoops.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I was shopping at a Super Wal-Mart today & couldn't believe how many expired yogurts I saw! I picked up a few to look at the flavor & then checked the expiration date & they were expired for 19 days! Not sure how long yogurt is safe to eat after the expiration date, but wasn't taking any chances.

If someone was in that area I was going to tell them, but didn't see anyone working in that area.

I have eaten yogurt more than a month past date. However, they should not be selling it!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am running a 5k on May 1. I am not a runner, but this is for a free medical clinic where I am on the volunteer staff. I went to see how bad this is going to be this morning and ran two 15 minute miles. At about 20 minutes in, I realized that I didn't take my asthma meds yesterday or this morning. Rescue inhaler when I got home, followed by regular meds. Next run should be better.

I am running a 10K this coming Sunday and I am not a runner! I just want to finish in less than 1.5 hours, wish me luck!

You got this!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I ate 10 truffles today (like 600 cals, almost half my limit) plus girl scout cookies. Whoops.

It happens. Just get back on the wagon & keep plugging along.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    So, here it goes. I watch shows like My 600lb Life to "up the anti" while working out.
    I don't know if it comes from fear of getting that big or from frustration that they allow themselves to be so helpless but something about watching that show pushes me to go that extra 15 minutes or push harder on the inclines to get through the workout. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our eating, or actions and inactions and perhaps this show and others like it keep the pressure on.

Sometimes watching shows like that make me hungry.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So, here it goes. I watch shows like My 600lb Life to "up the anti" while working out.
    I don't know if it comes from fear of i that big or from frustration that they allow themselves to be so helpless but something about watching that show pushes me to go that extra 15 minutes or push harder on the inclines to get through the workout. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our, actions and inactions and perhaps this show and others like it keep the pressure on.
    If that motivates you, then keep doing it.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I am running a 5k on May 1. I am not a runner, but this is for a free medical clinic where I am on the volunteer staff. I went to see how bad this is going to be this morning and ran two 15 minute miles. At about 20 minutes in, I realized that I didn't take my asthma meds yesterday or this morning. Rescue inhaler when I got home, followed by regular meds. Next run should be better.

I am running a 10K this coming Sunday and I am not a runner! I just want to finish in less than 1.5 hours, wish me luck!

Good luck. You can do it!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    i might do something drastic tomorrow.

So.... Are you going to tell us?
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it comes from fear of getting that big or from frustration that they allow themselves to be so helpless but something about watching that show pushes me to go that extra 15 minutes or push harder on the inclines to get through the workout. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our eating, or actions and inactions and perhaps this show and others like it keep the pressure on.

I've absolutely done that before with the Biggest Loser, you're not alone!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Also, is it sad I'm jealous of everyone's sugary overindulgences? Save some doughnuts for me!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I DVR shows like The Biggest Loser and My 600 Lb Life and only allow myself to watch them if I am on my elliptical. I find I get the same type of motivation you are describing.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: As vain as it feels, I am in love with my profile pic. I can't believe that's me!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: As vain as it feels, I am in love with my profile pic. I can't believe that's me!

Be proud, you worked hard for it!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Also, is it sad I'm jealous of everyone's sugary overindulgences? Save some doughnuts for me!

Nope, not sad. We all do it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Be proud, you worked hard for it!!

Ditto! You look amazing.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    So since PR I have gained 6 lbs. I have been eating well but a LOT. Time to reset before this gets out of control.

Also again drank wine last night and have a raging headache today. I am just going to reset to a year of health. Exercise daily. Eat well and vegan. Stop drinking period. I have 2 years til I am 50. I want to be amazing. I am healthier and thinner then I have been my whole life but there are opportunities for improvement. I'm going to make 48 amazing!

And thanks to those of you who sent me cards! My only cards are batcave cards. You guys rock!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Good luck. You can do it!

Thanks everbody, I know I can finish the run, but hoping I can PR. Last year my time was 1:30:22.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POF!!! I'm a horrible lazy human and didn't send you a card, but please know that I think of you often and fondly. I hope we will get to meet some day.

I hope your headache goes away and you get to have a great day!

:heart: you!
  • Rachel0778
    Options

You look like a rockstar, you should be proud!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    So since PR I have gained 6 lbs. I have been eating well but a LOT. Time to reset before this gets out of control.

Also again drank wine last night and have a raging headache today. I am just going to reset to a year of health. Exercise daily. Eat well and vegan. Stop drinking period. I have 2 years til I am 50. I want to be amazing. I am healthier and thinner then I have been my whole life but there are opportunities for improvement. I'm going to make 48 amazing!

And thanks to those of you who sent me cards! My only cards are batcave cards. You guys rock!

Happy Birthday!!!! You are going to rock 48!