40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Newbie here, I am 46 and finally landed in the normal BMI Zone (24.6). That was my ultimate goal. Now I want to lose 10 more lbs until I go on my Germany vacation in July. 10 lbs in 3 month should be doable. Age is no excuse!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey kids!!!!! It's been a very good week!! Workouts have been great, eating pretty healthy though it could have been better. LOL Went up in weight some but oh well, should be used to the ups and downs by now. Some of you might remember an issue I had at my current job. I have a job offer I couldn't resist!! I start my new job on May 2nd!! I'm a little nervous because it's full time and more responsibilities but I'm excited as well!

Snow?!?!? Yikes! I live in South/central Texas so it's been pretty warm. I'm happy with that, I prefer the heat.

Beeps, I also prefer split workouts!! Are you still fasting?

Sdereski, We are going on a cruise to Belize, Roatan and Cozumel. My son is going with us and he's been super excited since we told him. :smile: we are on our way now to the port city.

Take care guys!!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is staying active.

I'm sill trucking along. Kickboxing mon, wed and tonight, Tuesday was kettlebell and tomorrow will be kettlebell and kickboxing. No self defence tonight. Not walking as much as usual. I've been using my mom's car a couple of days, 1) I'm tired of walking in snow and 2) she's in the hospital so nights like tonight I'm headed to see her after working out.

Weight still hasn't gotten as far down as I'd like. Hoping to get down another 2lbs before I go back to maintenance for a while and then cut again.

Was all excited about looking for a new bike, then it snowed again so haven't gotten a new one yet.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Did Newport today with abridged ab sessions at the end of each round (30sec vs 1min). It has been a good 6-8 weeks since I last did it and it sure put me in my place.

Kids had a hip hop performance at school which was amusing and if I can get this proposal out the door this aft I hope to get out for a bike. The weather is awesome today, 18-20 ish. Going to get the patio furniture out this weekend and welcome summer in style.

Furballs, sdereski and 47jacqueline hope the snow clears up and summer hit you soon.

Alf, have a great trip that sounds awesome.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Arms and Chest = Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well I have to do a huge workout this weekend. My lawnmower has been in the shop and the grass needed to be mowed two weeks ago. It's really high and it's going to be difficult to mow.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 1 & Core 1"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    SHOULDERS! DONE!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    smh4voc81q0g.jpeg
  • TK6299
    Options
    How fun! @alf1163
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Having a whoosh. It's welcome after a plateau.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Rest"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    smh4voc81q0g.jpeg

that's a BIG boat! :o

have fun!

• TK6299
    Options
    Abs and cardio = done
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Still having a whoosh. Things were getting looser for a month with hardly any scale movement and this week the scale has plunged.
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Finally got a run in and some lower body strength. My mood was getting quite sour prior to.
    Hope the numbers keep dropping for you @allenpriest. I weigh tomorrow and am actually looking forward to what the scale says.
  • TK6299
    Options
    Squats, Bench Press, Military Press, Curls, Dips, Chin Ups, Deadlifts, Incline Press = Done
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start & Resistance 2"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »

Beeps, I also prefer split workouts!! Are you still fasting?

Well, I "fast" everyday, I guess. Meaning, I don't eat from 6:30 pm (through the night) to 12:00 pm the next day. For clarity: my eating window is between noon and 6:30 pm daily - outside of that eating window, I don't eat (but I drink A LOT of water, coffee and green tea!).

My return to 1/3 employed-work has been KOO-KOO because I am seriously working 30-35 hours per week (and getting paid for 12....). Aaaaggghhh. Good news in that at least I did not "on-board" more than one company at a time. I hope to have another company by June (making me 2/3 employed) and hope to pick up one more company by September (therefore be at 3/3 full-time work).

I dooooooooooooooo LOVE WORKING and this "hard year" is OVER. Thank goodness....so sad for Alberta and all the unemployed....the fact it took me 11 months to find PAID work, is CRAZY.