What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I went thrift store shopping last weekend and found a super cute dress and a skirt in size 12. I don't really like trying on clothes at thrift stores and most of what I'm wearing right now is size 16 or 18 but I bought them, figuring that they would probably fit in a month or two. Got home, decided to try them on just to see how close they were to fitting and they both fit fine! The skirt was a little tight but not so much that I can't wear it :)
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Doc says I can lift up to 5lb weights!! Yay! (a little backstory)

I broke my wrist over the holidays and haven't been able to use it for almost 6 months (per doctors order). I'm allowed to lift again. A small victory for me!
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was doing assisted pull-ups today and could finally feel that they were easier! Feeling my new back muscles engage and lift me up was such a motivating feeling!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    DebBahr wrote: »
    I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for more than a decade. I refused to get it resized. Kept saying I would lose weight. Finally did and last week I put it on and it fits.

Nice!
  • kristinann308
    kristinann308 Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I was asked if I was training for something at the gym yesterday after nearly 12 weeks straight of weight lifting and cardio sessions up to 6 days a week! After I said no, he said, so your just a little beast :smile: I take that as a compliment. I told the gentleman I was just working on me and not being 'flabby'. He said mission accomplished. :+1: Total NSV becuase my weight hasn't changes more than 3 lbs in the process.

Today in the cafeteria, they were giving out ice cream for completing an employee survey....I opted for the Apple !
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    [
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was walking up some stairs and my husband was lagging behind. I stopped and turned around and was waiting for him. He smiles and said, "No, keep going!" Haha

Someone's getting checked out!! Atta girl ;)
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    the straps on my cami's are getting too lose, even tightened all the way!

Collarbones are becoming more prominent

and i stared at my face for seriously 10 minutes today because it looked like someone had contoured my cheek/jawbone area (which i dont do, ever). Super happy to feel like i'm thinning out finally!
  • April_Chicken
    April_Chicken Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    aliceghinn wrote: »
    I cheered myself up yesterday with a dose of new-found perseverance. It was 7:30pm, had a hard day and my little kids seemed extra cranky, the house felt untidy and i had a headache...but hadn't done my run yet for the day. I felt like crawling into bed with a book and an extra blanket! However, i reminded myself that the only person i was cheating was myself, so i got out the door with my C25K program and ran... felt so good to overcome the minor diversions and do it because i know its so good for me. Of course, I came home feeling high, headache had gone and decided to give the laundry room a tidy up and clean (even mopped the floor at 9:30pm!)

Added bonus (and this is scale related so doesnt really belong here...but..) the scale was down another pound this morning - reward!!!.... YAYAAY!

I love your dedication and commitment. I have those days too. Yesterday was one of them. But I got my butt up and worked out!
  • 22Brentwoodgirl
    22Brentwoodgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    OK this is a first for me My panties are loose at he bottom of my cheeks.

I have never had that happen before but apparently that is where weight is coming from!

Oh Meritage, that made me laugh out loud. Great NSV!!!
  • cheer4beer
    cheer4beer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Went over 1million steps since January according to my Garmin. Pretty sure old me wasn't walking that many steps in 12 months.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    AndiJH wrote: »
    Today, I won the staring contest with the donut table at work. My coworker said "you going to get one for the road?" And I replied, "you know what? I'm good."

'Staring contest with the donut'... absolutely love this. I do the same with Ritter chocolate bars in our pantry!!!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Went to my closet and took out the jeans that had been sitting there for 7 years brand new because they were too small. Tried them on just to see how close I was getting and they not only fit, but I needed a belt...which is another story in itself, I have a couple belts that were gifts that never fit me. The bigger one fit, but on the very last hole, the smaller one fit as well.
    Takes a minute to realize a year ago I was 60 pounds heavier and that all makes sense.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    cheer4beer wrote: »
    Went over 1million steps since January according to my Garmin. Pretty sure old me wasn't walking that many steps in 12 months.

Awesome

• becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Went on a date tonight and was kind of worried about eating/what to eat to be healthy but not picky and all that. Ended up only eating half, which I basically never do, and was so full! Huge improvement for me!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little emotional today. Switched my wardrobe over from winter to summer and in the process put pretty much all my old trousers and quite a few other clothes away. Most of them simply because they now longer fit or look good. In the end two large rubbish bags of clothes. Feels good and still it is also a feeling of shock that I am closing a book on that me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!