Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun -- did you end up with a tear on that last pull?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    @nakedraygun -- did you end up with a tear on that last pull?
    Not that I can tell @SideSteel . Just pulled/strained. ROM has pretty much returned by this morning -- even if a bit tender.
    edited April 2016
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words, but I'm still years away from being on your level.
    Let's hope not @McCloud33 , because by then you'll be 45 yrs old and put out to pasture like me.

I think it will be before I'm 45 lol (only turning 34 this year). I haven't even been lifting for two full years yet. I never TOUCHED heavy weights until July 2014. The most I had done before that was with p90x, so nothing really heavy...maybe 50-60lb dumbbells at the most. I've come a long way in a short amount of time and just trying to keep it going when the progress slower. At this point, if I can add 10-15lbs to my main lifts in a year, I'll be happy I think. I'm hoping this 20 rep squat will give me a boost for sure though.
    Well dang skippy, you are fully on your way. Before July 2013 I never deadlifted or squatted before in my life, but if there were pro-cards for bench press and brocurls, I'd retire from a FT job and eat bon bons. I should think you could, at least squat and deadlift, add more than that to your lifts.

@nakedraygun thanks. If I were just focused on getting stronger with no regard for BF or aesthetics, I'd agree that I could probably add more than that for squat and DL. Seems like I'm almost doing more of a recomp even though that's not necessarily my goal. My squat (and subsequently my DL) was definitely stronger it seemed when I was running the SL 5x5 program. I maxed out there with a 405# squat at 190ish BW. I don't think I've even come close to that since switching over to 5/3/1. At that same time I had a 405# DL, but actually hit 450# with the hexbar just because of the mechanics. Don't think I could come close to that right now either.

I'm not too worried about "that beach body" and I love me some food. (Mostly pizza.) But we all have different goals.

As far as those numbers, you can always get back to them later. As long as your still training, they are a possibility.
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Hex bar Deads. I did 8x8 at 275 today. It was tiring.

These have done you good.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Hex bar Deads. I did 8x8 at 275 today. It was tiring.

These have done you good.

Thank ya, sir. Relatively new to them.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Post injury rep pr! Honestly, getting itchy and antsy to really start working on my squat and deadlift again. If it wasn't for worlds in 44 days, I'd be begging to switch up programs right now. 205lb for sets of 5.

Options
    Post injury rep pr! Honestly, getting itchy and antsy to really start working on my squat and deadlift again. If it wasn't for worlds in 44 days, I'd be begging to switch up programs right now. 205lb for sets of 5.

Looking strong/in control to me Dana!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Not a rep PR, but the most I've deadlifted with heavier weights in a while. Finally getting things dialed in with my back and staying tight. Like I say in the description though, I got my back fixed and just totally forget about head position. I guess if I can get my head and neck in a neutral position, I'll be good.

Options
    Not a rep PR, but the most I've deadlifted with heavier weights in a while. Finally getting things dialed in with my back and staying tight. Like I say in the description though, I got my back fixed and just totally forget about head position. I guess if I can get my head and neck in a neutral position, I'll be good.

Looks good Chris. What weight was that?
    edited April 2016
    Options
    From Wednesday squat session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxW_FQZwJ2Y

Last time I went 350x5, I wasn't that happy with my mechanics/depth, but that was just after I injured my chest. Much happier with these. Still it hurt. Hurt the chest and hamstring.

Hopefully, one last week convalescing and I begin the return to hitting the really heavy stuff and for reps.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Looks good Chris. What weight was that?

This was 405x5.

Your squat looks SOOO good man!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple from this morning

I've only started incline bench. 155# - 45deg incline - 182lb BW
    https://youtu.be/u-tO1LBKYwI

I also went heavier on my squat today after doing lighter 20rep squats for the last three weeks. Here's 275x5
    https://youtu.be/zFVmzMaKpzA
  • McCloud33
    Options
    @nakedraygun your squat looks good. Hoping you heal quickly...I know how frustrating it can be to not push when you have an injury.
    Options
    @nakedraygun your squat looks good. Hoping you heal quickly...I know how frustrating it can be to not push when you have an injury.

Thanks @McCloud33 . I hope this the last week of resting. Chest is almost 80% but I think I can return to program just reduced volume.

How you liking incline?
  • McCloud33
    Options

Thanks @McCloud33 . I hope this the last week of resting. Chest is almost 80% but I think I can return to program just reduced volume.

How you liking incline?

@nakedraygun the incline just feels "different" because I've never really done it. I expected to feel it more in my chest, but I really seem to feel it more in my shoulders. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong or need to have a narrower grip to hit the pecs more? Also, in reading up on it, the fact that it's a 45 degree incline instead of 15-30 might be a factor as well. Next workout will be 160 5x5 and it's starting to feel a little heavy. If I can get up to 185-190 5x5 without stalling and having to deload I think I'll be pretty happy. Also don't know if it will have any impact on my flat bench if/when I go back to that.
  • deadlifts_and_lipstick
    Options
    I don't have a video, but I just PR'd my deadlift tonight at #135!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Nice pulling!

I do something similar with my neck. No matter how hard I try, I can't break myself of it. When you see the demos of people unable to create or maintain arm or leg tension when their neck is placed in an extended position, it makes me think that I'm leaving some full body tension on the table (and by extension - kg's) when I pull. If you work it out, find a drill, a cue, whatever I'd be interested in hearing it!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options

Excellent! Keep at it!

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

Awesome! Love deadlift pr's!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »

Nice pulling!

I do something similar with my neck. No matter how hard I try, I can't break myself of it. When you see the demos of people unable to create or maintain arm or leg tension when their neck is placed in an extended position, it makes me think that I'm leaving some full body tension on the table (and by extension - kg's) when I pull. If you work it out, find a drill, a cue, whatever I'd be interested in hearing it!

It's one of those things that is emphasized a lot but I've never really understood it. I see a lot of elite lifters with their heads up and it's something I do too. Doesn't cause any problems and my deadlift is my best lift by far so I'm a little skeptical that it's an issue for everyone. Maybe a POSSIBLE issue for some people I'm thinking?