New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited May 2016

There are bars tougher than Quest? :open_mouth:

I microwave some of those flavors just to make them easier to chew.

I thought about microwaving but it was covered in chocolate so felt it might get a bit too melty and messy. :)

The new new formula made the Quest bars soft again so... :)

• glassyo
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I want to try the blueberry pie those sound delicious l3pyv5a5w7rm.jpeg

Ooh both of these flavors sound awesome!

I bet the fruity crisp will taste like the Combat Crunch bars :o

Oh! I tried the cookie dough flavored Combat Crunch bar. It was good and a really good size but...kinda hard to bite into. I have two other flavors to try but I might have to stick with the softer Quest and B Up and any others I try that are easier to eat. :)
    There are bars tougher than Quest? :open_mouth:

I microwave some of those flavors just to make them easier to chew.
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I want to try the blueberry pie those sound delicious l3pyv5a5w7rm.jpeg
    I will eagerly pick up both when I can.

Oh my god, I love America. You guys have the most amazing flavors of Oreos. Fat me really wants to buy both of these and chow down but thinner me doesn't want the carb/glucose spike. Dang it.
    Aside from Double Stuffed, which I didn't like because there were less total cookies, fat me never actually tried any other Oreo flavor. I was too busy eating full containers of classic Oreos. Kinda bums me out because I missed a lot of different flavors, like Blizzard creme.

I personally don't find the Combat Crunch bars harder to chew. The bars are dense & chewy, but I find them more pliable than the Quest bars. The OhYeah bars are even softer.

The two Quest bars I bought at Giant a few weeks ago were as hard as a brick.

I don't have the strongest of teeth so that's a big consideration.

I want to try the OhYeah bars but the One bars have too many sugar alcohols for my liking (altho I *do* usually only eat half at a time) and the Victory bars have too much fiber for my liking (also only half at a time so...maybe I should get on the cake flavored OhYeah bar :)).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I need to try the Oh Yeah bars but I don't go to GNC/Vitamin Shoppe much...
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Wow!!! Vegan Ben and Jerry's. Been looking for vegan. Awesome. Recently I discovered Chobani flip key lime crumble yogurt. To me it tastes just like Keylime pie is awesome.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on some Halo Top, lemon cake. OMG! A million times better than Arctic Zero. Actually creamy. Now I just need to find the birthday cake one.

I finally tried some Halo Top last night after loads and loads of people squealing about how delicious it is. I tried Arctic Zero previously, before seeing anyone talk about it (I had just randomly saw it at the store) and I really liked it. I think it was the shake flavor and it was really creamy and delicious. I got the Halo Top Mint chip flavor last night and it was just "meh". It wasn't this orgasmic sensation. It was also, a really weird texture and consistency, not creamy or soft at all. Did I buy a bad one?

Halo Top is not really that much better than Arctic Zero in my opinion. Why am I so weird? I really liked Arctic Zero. Someone tell me I am not alone, please?

I like arctic zero chunky pints. I think the pecan praline is really good, I enjoy the nuts in it and the mint chocolate chip is great! I like the cookie dough too. I haven't tried halo top yet though but have been eyeing them.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    71t76jJFBZL._SX522_.jpg
    1/10 Do not recommend. Tasted NOTHING like an oatmeal raisin cookie or flavor. Very bitter and not pleasant. Could not eat more than 3 small bites.

71UP7EoDSAL._SX522_.jpg
    9/10 Very good. The flavor grew on me and had nice big peanut butter chips throughout. Had a "milky" peanut butter taste which I loved. Not a "jif pb" or natural pb taste, but more of a mild peanut butter chips taste. It reminded me of the peanut butter chips you buy at the store flavor.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on some Halo Top, lemon cake. OMG! A million times better than Arctic Zero. Actually creamy. Now I just need to find the birthday cake one.

Only one I want and the only one I haven't found yet. Of course.

I'm still thinking of trying Enlightened though...

I found the Birthday Cake Halo Top finally (the only flavor I hadn't had) and tried it last night. I can agree, very prominent cake flavor and one of my new favorites! But something about the Lemon Cake is hard to beat and is actually tied in my opinion!
    The Enlightened is good, but I mean, the calories ARE similar to some frozen yogurts so I wouldn't beat yourself up over not trying it. If you do, great, if not, you saved some money. The Mint Chocolate and Peanut Butter were my two favorite from that brand. Salted Caramel was my least favorite, which hurts to admit since I love salted caramel everything normally.

Have you ever found any of the new Arctic Zero Chunky pints?

Yesterday I had one package of my Vitaminshoppe order come in. Both Combat Crunch & the OhYeah Raspberry bars. The OhYeah CCCD are on back order apparently.

Unfortunately I've only had the original chunky pints (my favorite is Cookie Dough), I'm having no luck finding the newer flavors and it's driving me insane because I honestly enjoy Arctic Zero a lot, I feel for the calories it's great!
    Let me know what you think of the OhYeah Raspberry bars please, my local Vitamin Shoppe doesn't carry those bars individually!!! They had the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ONE bars in stock though and I bought one, but I hadn't gotten around to trying it yet. I've had the lemon cake (wasn't crazy about), peanut butter pie (was OK, but had higher expectations), birthday cake (loved but I would rank as third favorite), almond bliss (MY FAVORITE IT TASTES JUST LIKE ALMOND JOY IT'S SO PERFECT), mint chocolate chip (second favorite, very delicious), chocolate brownie (okay, but got boring after a while), and then the cookies and cream is also sitting on my shelf waiting for me to try. Very interested in your review!!
  • hgycta
    So I noticed this posted on brandeating (http://www.brandeating.com/2016/05/olive-garden-looks-to-entice-with-new-deep-dish-spaghetti-pies.html#more), Deep dish spaghetti pie! It looks divine! I don't see the calories posted yet on Olive Garden's website, but if anyone tries it PLEASE let me know if it's worth the 2,000+ calories I'm assuming it has xD

uqdi9dl9exqi.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2016
    So I noticed this posted on brandeating (http://www.brandeating.com/2016/05/olive-garden-looks-to-entice-with-new-deep-dish-spaghetti-pies.html#more), Deep dish spaghetti pie! It looks divine! I don't see the calories posted yet on Olive Garden's website, but if anyone tries it PLEASE let me know if it's worth the 2,000+ calories I'm assuming it has xD

uqdi9dl9exqi.jpg

Oh man.

Don't see them on the menu though!
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    b12arr0 wrote: »
    759313028125.jpg

Has anyone tried these? I haven't had any luck finding them.

I want to try those! I bet the picture is actual size though. :)

I finally found these at Giant! They are really soft + a good size. I find the Ole Fiber ones to be thinner.
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Some finds from Giant. The only thing I bought was the Garden Lites Zucchini Chocolate Muffins so we see how those are.

fni9sno73inn.jpeg
    nt7wqmfi24vgnq.jpeg
    fvkpq9zfq0jy.jpeg
    g8mo6rhhsg15.jpeg
  • hgycta
    I've tried Cisse's hot cocoa mix before and loved it, but I just noticed these for the first time in BJ's! I'm not sure if they're new, but they're certainly new to that location! I picked it up and I'm in love, each package is portioned to be only 90-100 calories, but that's actually enough. It's very rich so it's the perfect amount. Very premium tasting, I highly recommend it for late night snacking!

pu7ggszbpasw.jpg
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    I've tried Cisse's hot cocoa mix before and loved it, but I just noticed these for the first time in BJ's! I'm not sure if they're new, but they're certainly new to that location! I picked it up and I'm in love, each package is portioned to be only 90-100 calories, but that's actually enough. It's very rich so it's the perfect amount. Very premium tasting, I highly recommend it for late night snacking!

pu7ggszbpasw.jpg

Those look amazing :o
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    This made some amazing blueberry muffins last night.
    gc79kxgqghrt.jpg
  • hgycta
    Tried the chocolate chip cookie dough ONE bar just now, thoroughly disappointed. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't any better than any other cookie dough flavored protein bar I've had. It was kind of bland and didn't have too much going on. Probably my least favorite so far :/
  • glassyo
    anglyn1 wrote: »

The birthday cake is really good and actually has a really strong cake like flavor!

My local Ralphs/Kroger has Halo top on sale and sells the birthday cake flavor but, since I had my car and could get it home before melting, were any in stock? Of course not!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2016
    71HWE6rV2vL._SY355_.jpg

This was a Kroger Free Friday Download. It was pretty nice! I picked this up for free and don't remember the price tag.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Bar-Extend-Nutrition-Cookies-and-Cream-Nutrition-Facts_1.jpg
    New to me -Got these, the peanut butter chocolate, and the rich chocolate ones after going on an endless quest to find a post-overnight hypoglycemia snack now that Level foods is out of business (I used their protein bars for preventing more overnight hypos if I end up experiencing a really bad one). Overall, I would rate them between Mission1 and Quest in terms of quality/taste (probably on-par with Atkins): good enough for me to keep around for medical use or when I want a quick snack/dessert (if they hold up to their 9-hour overnight BG control claim, they'll be perfect for those pain-in-the-butt nights where I'm fasting for lab work).
    creamy-coconut-package.jpg
    These are addictive (almost ice-cream like), though I would love it if they made these in a smaller size. It's sometimes difficult to fit these into my day if I already had to use a ton of my calories and carbs to treat lows (or if I must be a grownup and eat fruit instead). I've also become addicted to the no sugar added mini ones - they're only 6g of carbs each, which is perfect for more mild lows or low prevention if I notice that I am on the lower end and most likely dropping.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Just had Artic Zero Brownie Batter. All I can say is yummy!!! I plan on getting the Snickerdoodle flavor on my next Walmart trip.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Bar-Extend-Nutrition-Cookies-and-Cream-Nutrition-Facts_1.jpg
    New to me -Got these, the peanut butter chocolate, and the rich chocolate ones after going on an endless quest to find a post-overnight hypoglycemia snack now that Level foods is out of business (I used their protein bars for preventing more overnight hypos if I end up experiencing a really bad one). Overall, I would rate them between Mission1 and Quest in terms of quality/taste (probably on-par with Atkins): good enough for me to keep around for medical use or when I want a quick snack/dessert (if they hold up to their 9-hour overnight BG control claim, they'll be perfect for those pain-in-the-butt nights where I'm fasting for lab work).
    creamy-coconut-package.jpg
    These are addictive (almost ice-cream like), though I would love it if they made these in a smaller size. It's sometimes difficult to fit these into my day if I already had to use a ton of my calories and carbs to treat lows (or if I must be a grownup and eat fruit instead). I've also become addicted to the no sugar added mini ones - they're only 6g of carbs each, which is perfect for more mild lows or low prevention if I notice that I am on the lower end and most likely dropping.

Do these have dairy in them, or are they just coconut milk and sugar?