New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    All I could get from Quest Labs were the cinnamon, peanut butter and chocolate, and waffle crunch bars. And I had to buy the 6 pack of the waffle and peanut butter ones just to get them.

I'm still trying to order the blueberry muffin, choc chip oatmeal, and rocky road protein bars, along with the cheddar and sour cream and sour cream and onion 2.0 chips. But the single servings are all out of stock or disappeared from the site. I don't think there aren't enough free shipping codes out there to let me buy as they show up instead of waiting for them to be in stock at the same time.

Not that this helps since I haven't tried any of the bars I DO have yet. :)

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I tried the new Quest oatmeal chocolate chip bar as well. Not impressed. It tasted good for the first 5 seconds or so, a pleasant oaty flavour, kind of like an oatmeal cookie. But after that it just tasted too salty and strongly of artificial sweetener and corn fiber.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I signed up for Quest labs and got my shipment of one of each of most of the new products today. I didn't get the chips or the rocky road bar because they were sold out, and only got a few of the keto cups since they will be hard to fit into my days. For context, I'm not much of a Quest fan since they changed to corn fiber, but I still have the occasional Quest bar for variety.

I tried the cinnamon protein crunch, which is a 40g cereal protein bar (100 cal and 12g protein). Oh my gosh, it's delicious!! But they are super expensive ($2.59 each, or $2.50 each in a 6 pack), which really seems like a rip off considering that's even more expensive than their normal bars. But seriously, it's good. It tastes like a really flavourful cinnamon cereal. I will definitely buy them again if I ever catch a sale.

Thanks for review I was thinking about trying the crunch bars
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I recently discovered "Lenny & Larrys Compmete Cookie". I have a new love. Only problem is they are rare to find here where I live. So when I do find them, I buy cases. Literally have 40 of every flavor sitting in my basement in a freezer.

Yeah I got mine at Vitamin Shoppe too. But after having real cookies again, I'm not sure they are worth the calories to me after all (and they're not that filling either for me).

As much as I adore Lenny & Larry's cookies I agree, they don't do a dent to my hunger, I could easily go through three packs if I really wanted to .-.

I've have done that before during a PMS hangry day.

Have you found any of the new chunky pints yet?

Not yet, I keep looking for them though! I did buy Enlightened's peanut butter chocolate chip pint though and was really impressed with that one as well! My favorite is still their mint chocolate chip though, and my least favorite is still the salted caramel and cookie dough one unfortunately, which is a huge let down because I normally adore caramel but I was really impressed with how much better the other ones were! Definitely going to try more in the future, but I need to take it easy on how much I spend on ice cream for a while since I also have a container of Turkey Hill's red velvet cake ice cream in the freezer I plan on trying tomorrow o: I also really want to try Ben & Jerry's pecan sticky buns pint, too! I wish I had more calories in the day xD
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

y1itkqwz43em.jpg
    I got this at Big Lots, too. This is seriously the tastiest nut milk that I've ever had! It mixes great in protein shakes, and it's really creamy, even without carrageenan.

I just picked this up at my Kroger too. It is so delicious!! Never going back to cashew or almond milk. I'm going to try the chocolate or pistachio version next.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

y1itkqwz43em.jpg
    I got this at Big Lots, too. This is seriously the tastiest nut milk that I've ever had! It mixes great in protein shakes, and it's really creamy, even without carrageenan.

I just picked this up at my Kroger too. It is so delicious!! Never going back to cashew or almond milk. I'm going to try the chocolate or pistachio version next.
    How much was it? I've been digging almond milk for cereal

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options

y1itkqwz43em.jpg

The pistachio is my FAVORITE!
  • glassyo
    Options
    I tried the quest cinnamon protein crunch bar last night. Someone on the quest labs community board said it tasted like cinnamon toast crunch....which it really didn't. :)

I didn't like it as much as mathandcats. I loved the thickness of it and that it's so chewy, it takes time to eat, but it was really dry and at one point there was this glob of it in my mouth that I couldn't swallow so had to down a lot of water.

I also really loved the stats! I normally eat half a protein bar at a time so a full bar with 12 g protein and 7 fiber (I can do without the fiber tho) for 100 calories is awesome!

Here's hoping the peanut butter chocolate and waffle bars are better!
  • mathandcats
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Weird, I didn't find it any drier than a normal cereal bar by Quaker or similar.

I tried the new blueberry muffin flavour (of normal protein bars). Strong corn taste, as usual for new Quest bars. It's very similar to the white chocolate raspberry, but blueberries and some added "pastry"(?) bits. I bet it would have been great with the old formula, but the corn fiber taste ruins it for me.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Tried a couple of the Quest bars I bought nearly two weeks ago.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - This was decent. I might buy again, but not for $2+ a bar.
    S'Mores - This was awful. Tasted nothing like S'Mores. I couldn't even eat it drunk and everything tastes better drunk!

So far, I'm not really impressed and still am a Pure Protein gal. Two down, two to go.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Tried a couple of the Quest bars I bought nearly two weeks ago.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - This was decent. I might buy again, but not for $2+ a bar.
    S'Mores - This was awful. Tasted nothing like S'Mores. I couldn't even eat it drunk and everything tastes better drunk!

So far, I'm not really impressed and still am a Pure Protein gal. Two down, two to go.

The new bars suck. They used to be tastier. Now it just tastes of chemicals.

I loved the Pure Protein soft bars but they stopped making them. To be fair I haven't tried them again in 3 years, but I hated the old formula.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Weird, I didn't find it any drier than a normal cereal bar by Quaker or similar.

I tried the new blueberry muffin flavour (of normal protein bars). Strong corn taste, as usual for new Quest bars. It's very similar to the white chocolate raspberry, but blueberries and some added "pastry"(?) bits. I bet it would have been great with the old formula, but the corn fiber taste ruins it for me.

I like the cereal bars (I think by Post) that are supposed to have a serving of milk or something in them. I've only had Quaker granola bars (chewy and non chewy) and Nature Valley granola bars (thank god they made them easier to bite into!) and, at least, the Quaker granola bars have maybe something breaking up the "bar" part (like chocolate chips or whatever) so that might help.

I think yours is the first negative review I've seen of the blueberry muffin bar. I was waivering between trying it or not since I'm not a huge blueberry fan (they're usually too tart for me) but I was hearing the muffin part actually tasted like a muffin.

I don't really hate the corn fiber formula so that wouldn't be an issue.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I remember that outside of the crunch, I was fine with the pumpkin pie bar.

I guess I would be fine with the corn forumla if there's nothing to compare it to.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    26258286360_ca096dcfb1_z.jpg?resize=505%2C640&ssl=1

Saw this and I want to try these. I love franks (I put on EVERYTHING) so I will be looking for these!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

Yeah I dont even plan to try the new "regular" flavors because of the nasty corn taste. They just arent as good and not worth wasting calories on.
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    How much was it? I've been digging almond milk for cereal

This is walnut milk actually! It's on sale at my Kroger right now for $2.49 if you have an advantage card AND there's an eCoupon for $1.50 off so I got it for 99¢! I think regular price is $3-$3.50. The container is smaller than what you would get in almond milk for the same price but it's worth it.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    26258286360_ca096dcfb1_z.jpg?resize=505%2C640&ssl=1

Saw this and I want to try these. I love franks (I put on EVERYTHING) so I will be looking for these!

I love those - where I'm from they also have a "Bollywood" and a BBQ flavour and both are awesome (and low-cal to boot.)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to report back for those who, like me, had high expectations for Turkey Hill's Red Velvet Cake ice cream. Unfortunately it wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping; it doesn't have any cream cheese swirls whatsoever which was fairly disappointing and I feel like would have really completed it. It was delicious, don't get me wrong, but not something I plan on getting again. While I enjoyed it, the lack of cream cheese was a let down and I feel Ben & Jerry's did a thousand times better with the size and soft texture of their red velvet cake pieces. This ice cream had more of a cocoa component than Ben & Jerry's, but theirs still wins me over nonetheless.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I like the cereal bars (I think by Post) that are supposed to have a serving of milk or something in them. I've only had Quaker granola bars (chewy and non chewy) and Nature Valley granola bars (thank god they made them easier to bite into!) and, at least, the Quaker granola bars have maybe something breaking up the "bar" part (like chocolate chips or whatever) so that might help.

I think yours is the first negative review I've seen of the blueberry muffin bar. I was waivering between trying it or not since I'm not a huge blueberry fan (they're usually too tart for me) but I was hearing the muffin part actually tasted like a muffin.

I don't really hate the corn fiber formula so that wouldn't be an issue.

It's not really meant as a negative review. It's good for a new formula Quest bar. I just don't care for the corn fiber taste and so none are that good to me anymore. If it doesn't bother you and you like the white choc raspberry one you will probably like it. I didn't notice the flavour of the muffin bits though. Also the blueberries are not tart at all - its sweeter than the raspberry.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    x4zbkozxjisb.jpg

Opened this today. Remember how I said before that the walnut milk was the best nut milk that I had ever had? This blows it out of the water. Seriously. It tastes like slightly less sweet melted pistachio ice cream. I don't care how much this stuff costs in a typical grocery store, but you need to try it, if you haven't already. Delicious!