Short Girl Problems

Replies

• _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    I'm 5'1". All of my kids are considerably taller than I am. They pat me on the head calling me their 'little momma'.

My daughter was taller than me when she was 12. She loved calling me "fun size" or "pocket size momma" :)

One thing that always got me, was her friends in elementary school who were WAY taller than me!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Being a nurse and doing chest compressions on your tip toes..because the doc is trying to intubate and he's 6'3

I just get on the bed.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Using my head as an armrest...seriously?? It's NOT cute

Seriously... My brothers LOVE to do this...
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    I'm 4'11" and in some cases its a plus to be short. Though it's awkward when substitute teaching 4th graders who are my height. :laugh:
  • W0nderGiirl
    W0nderGiirl Posts: 121 Member
    Having to climb up on your kitchen counter just to get some peanut butter (or whatever would be in your top cabinet).
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    i cant wait to read these..im 5'2'' and getting stuff from the top shelf of the cabinets
  • There's no such thing as capris, only pants and longer pants...even in petites. Good thing I don't like capris anyway
  • mandos_13
    mandos_13 Posts: 21
    In general I love my shortness, but there are a few issues. The top shelf in the grocery store is an ordeal. It's very difficult to find pants when you're short with wide hips. Hard to see the stage at rock shows. Counters are too high sometimes. Barstools are uncomfortable because I can't reach a foot rest. My little brother likes to use my head as an armrest and to throw me around...he's about a foot taller than I am.

My biggest complaint though is all the comparison (height, hand size, foot size) I'm asked to do with my friend who is 6'10". We're a continual freak show even to friends who have known us for years.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I'm 5'1". All of my kids are considerably taller than I am. They pat me on the head calling me their 'little momma'.

My daughter was taller than me when she was 12. She loved calling me "fun size" or "pocket size momma" :)

One thing that always got me, was her friends in elementary school who were WAY taller than me!

My daughter was also taller than me at 12. Even more humiliating -- I wear her cast-off bras from when she was 13.
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    I'm 6'3, my girlfriend is 5'1, I hate when we go shopping and separate to look at something, I routinely can't find her over a display. I move to a common area so she can see me.
  • sprucey85
    sprucey85 Posts: 64 Member
    I agree with the top shelf thing too, I live in an old Victorian building (it's divided into flats, it's not all mine!) which means the ceilings are taller, which is annoying for me because I have to stretch to close the windows (they pull up and down and have a screw on the top to lock it) and I can't reach the top shelves in the kitchen so have to use step ladders. My boyfriend is about 5'8 and even on step ladders he can't change the light bulb in our bedroom! Luckily we have a lamp that we use instead!

3/4 length trousers which just sit above my ankles.

Standard length trousers being too long, I'm crap at sewing so end up with jeans frayed at the bottom from them being dragged on the floor. I'm below standard! :-(

Having limited places to hold onto when on the tube, I can't hold onto the upper rails as it's too high for me and people insisting on being selfish by leaning against the only pole I can reach.

Being in a crowds and not being able to see much.

The good things about being short are that I can stand on the upper deck of a bus without hitting my head and taller people feel the rain first!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    I can't raise my chair at work high enough to comfortably rest my arms on my desk so I sit on a pillow..LOL
  • madhu1981
    madhu1981 Posts: 4,829 Member
    Short is sweet !!
  • dianeh47
    dianeh47 Posts: 16 Member
    I agree with all the short girl problems. I'm 5 feet and proud of it! My biggest problem is that I have kitchen cabinets that have four shelves and I can only use the first two. The third one with a step stool and completely omit the top shelf, I would need a 6 ft ladder.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    short-girl-problems-shelf.gif
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    ^^
    That's about right..except I don't bother trying to jump..I just climb on it..keeps things interesting.
  • shaken2010
    shaken2010 Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2016
    short-girl-problems-shelf.gif

That one is so right! Everything is built for tall people. And I'm only 5'1"
    So anything up high.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Crossing the road and having to jump up the curb !
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Heh, I like being short. I can look up to my man, wrap my arms around him and kiss him. Even in heels, I'm not at his height :p
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    5'1.5" checking in!

Sun visors...even with sunglasses it's like hello death star, please melt my eyeballs off.

I wear Lane Bryant pants now and I find their petites are the perfect length for me. Don't know what I'm going to do when I grow out of them!

And I have a spatula and I'm pretty danged good at swatting what I want out of a cabinet. I will also climb the grocery store shelves but I don't have to do that much.

I am the oldest and shortest of my siblings so I get called the 'big little sister' :smile: