9. ClareB1974
10. Charlottekd
11. SueGeer
12. Kate_UK
13. caligirl2802
14. rachel871
15. marmitegirly2

The Map
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004a634fce3156d39f06&msa=0

The spreadsheet for putting in your cals
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tvljx5heimJ0uJKFt7mtX-w&authkey=CLv4uZcJ&hl=en_US#gid=0

Replies

• ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! I'm all geared up and ready to go :)
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I just did a rough calculation. Circumference of the Earth is about 25,000 miles. That would take 1,250,000 calories to row. That's 83,000 cals each. Assuming we burn appox 300 a day, each, the row is going to take us the best part of a year. I'm still up for this but we all have to be in this for the long run!!
  • Charlottekd
    Options
    Ahh such a long time! I'm definately up for it though.
    I think my aim will be to do my fair share and burn my 300 pr day...everyday! Lol i think its more than i do now so i will use this as motivation.
    C'mon guys we need to win this thing!! I've seen other teams that think they've got it 'in the bag' :)

Charlotte xx
  • rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Is there a thread for all the groups? Or like a table where we can see where we rank amongst the other teams? I sound like I'm really competitive lol, but might be good motivation!

300kcals a day AT LEAST. we can do that!! easy!! :)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Wow a year! Thats going to take some commitment but I'm still in!
  • Charlottekd
    Options
    Is there a thread for all the groups? Or like a table where we can see where we rank amongst the other teams? I sound like I'm really competitive lol, but might be good motivation!

300kcals a day AT LEAST. we can do that!! easy!! :)

Yes i like this!! I think if i saw that we were way down on the list, it'd give me a kick up the bum to burn a few more calories!!
    I want to be in the top ten lol....how many teams are doing it??
    Does the map on google show how far each team has gone?
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    We can do this...I'm definitely in it for the long run.
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    300 cals per day was just to give an example. I'm sure many of us will average above that.

I think if you are not in for the long run then now is the time to bail (or walk the plank). I've got lots of ideas to keep this fun.

I guess there will be a ranking list of teams at some point... I think it'll probably develop once we get going. Things kick off on the 1st. :)
  • Bullly
    Bullly Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you look at the map, there are teams already shown on the left hand side?
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Yes. Ours is going to be updated soon I hope!
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    300 cals a day is quite achievable i'm totally up for it can't wait to start :D
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I agree that 300 calories isn't that much. On most days I burn a lot more.
  • sazvampire
    sazvampire Posts: 53
    Options
    It definately sounds doable with 300kcls a day, I need that kick everyday cos otherwise I let the team down. We can do this!
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Out team looks great on the map! Cant wait to start!
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    I've got to go to this wedding and away from the internet from tomorrow until Tuesday. Can someone please volunteer to update Lee with our figures? :) Everyone remember to enter it all on the spreadsheet at the top of this post :)
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    I don't mind doing it. What do I need to tell him? Just total daily amount in a message? Is there a certain time I need to check in by?
  • Charlottekd
    Options
    Has anyone tried to put numbers into the spreadsheet yet? I did, just to see how it works and you can't put anything in....is it because we haven't started yet? Also, our name isn't on it yet :)

Looking forward to starting.
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think the spreadsheet is saved as view only, I think.

I'm sure we're not going to have finished by Monday, so I'd keep a note if we can't edit the sheet.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    dont worry about this.

I will be throwing in "double days" and "triple days" etc to make sure we get round
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    really excited about starting this tomorrow!