WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2016

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Pip- yes my friend Doris swears by it too.it works I'm gonna sneak some under the sheets for Tom sometime he just is crazy with it.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    5nhf0hytr9qu.jpeg

My Mom ....Leona May at age 84....with oldest Great Grson
    The tiny snapshot from a Brownie camera,she was 34.
    Her hair was never dyed & turned partly gray in her late 80's.
    She passed away 8 yrs ago ...90 yrs of age.We miss her.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    janetr wrote "How does the soap thing work? Besides clean off the dirt lol"

put a bar of soap underneath your bedsheet, (btwn mattress and your fitted sheet) at your feet and that's it.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I ate a sandwich just now!!!!!! This is the first time in over a week that my jaw was able to do that. that means I will eat my usual taco salad tonight. This gives me such hope that this jaw thing could be just dry socket.

I have heard many people say this bar of soap under the sheets really works. And the admit that there is no reason for it but it just works.

JOyce, Indiana
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi all - been missing over the weekend -at work now and trying to find the easiest way to post from my iPhone! Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Love the pics

GLo on the North Shore of Ma
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :| Tired... and still a city council meeting to go to. Not whining... really. Love being submerged in words again. But 24 hours of bathroom building and table building and then ten hours at the paper today has used my last reserve. One more meeting, then bed for me!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lisa = Super Hero. <3

Janetr
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Charleen in Colorado – His “Mama” is from Alabama; and she ‘raised him right’ … that’s our jobs as “Mamas from the Deep South”. If we raise our sons to be gentle(men) … and they marry young women they love … you’ll hear that ‘you’ve raised them right’ from your DDnLs a lot. That's when I know I have 'succeeded' at my job as Mom. When I told my DDnL#2 (before she married DYS), that he had some/few flaws; she told me that ‘he was her prince and she knew we had raised him right because he showed her the things that her own parents thought was proper; like opening doors for her, surprising her, cooking for her, massaging her back. etc., basically being a 'romantic'. He is ‘her prince’ and wished she had met him years earlier. I told her that she might not have ‘liked’ the ‘younger version’. But, he IS her prince. I think it surprised her that he went to her Daddy to ask for her ‘hand in marriage’ (like proper young Southern gentlemen) before surprising her with an engagement ring while they were on a 'hunting trip' in Colorado (for elk) that she had surprised him with. The other couple owned some land up there, or hunting rights to a place - something like that. That made my day! Today is their 1st anniversary. Nice little family of 3 (she has a 10-year-old daughter from a previous marriage). You treat that ‘boy’ right, ya hear? Sounds like a good thing to have around when you have that type of landscaping in your yard. I’d love to have a waterfall (or some water feature). Post some pixs … we’d like to see.

Michele in NC – I don’t know what our pool was on Saturday; but, it was also ‘windy’ as all get out, too. That, alone, makes it feel colder than it is. I’m going to see about getting in it this week. Now that I have found that my ankle is, indeed, sprained from the wreck I had on the 3rd … I’m sure if I do nothing other than sit on the side and put my ankle in, it will help. I’d like to get in and walk some, too. We’ll see.

Saffronmeadows – I take a ‘lot’ of medication that has the ‘side effects’ of ‘weight gain’. I was hitting 200 and decided I needed to do something ‘soon’; my MD ordered me into a weight loss program and I have dropped 40lbs since. Today, she told me that my muscle % had gone up and the fat % had gone down; so she was not as upset about the 1.5lb I had weighed heavier on the scale; all my % on torso, arms, legs had gone down; and my water weight is ‘up’, too. Three more points and I will be ‘normal’ weight; right now I am just ‘overweight’. Fluffy as some might put it … but not nearly as ‘fluffy’ as when I started this trek; with the encouragement of all the ladies here. Thanks ladies!

Pip – Are you saying ‘soap’ or ‘soup’? What kind? We had a maid who swore that if you went to the drug store and bought ‘turpentine’ and put it under your bed in a dish at night … that’d help, too. She was ‘full’ of old tricks. Not the kind of turpentine you use to remove paint. It's a 'tincture'. (SP?)

nccarolb – I LOVE the light house! I’ve got some terra cotta pots that I have not used this year; this gives me an idea what to do with them. Thanks for sharing!

Penny – My DH, nor his brother, have very many pictures of their parents. DH’s daughter (from a previous marriage) took all of them when they passed away and did not ‘share’. Karma will come a’calling one day. At least we do have some. Wedding pixs, etc.

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My sister's daughter married a man from Arkansas and she was very content staying down there after marrying. Of course it didn't hurt that her FIL hates anything past the Mason Dixon Line so the wedding was held down there. But she loves and respects so much his parents and grand parents. They have had such on impact on her life. Michelle is dating a black man who was raised with the same principals as a southern gentleman. I don't think it is in his nature to call me anything except Maam. And yes, he opens doors. Some things have just been lost in time and needs to be found.

Attempted a taco salad for supper and mouth is not ready for it. I get repacked on Thursday and they arranged my husbands tooth extraction so it is the same time.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We're going to the airport tonight to pick up DD and the children. :heart: :heart: :heart: I am looking forward to seeing them. It has been months and months. They leave Chicago at 8:46pm and are scheduled to arrive at PDX at 11pm. Then we load up and drive them home. We may be here by about midnight, but likely a bit later.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon~Oooh how fun for you guys. I am seeing "uber spoilage" taking place :-)
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Joyce, Indiana~ My husband opens doors, and is teaching the youngest to be respectful to ladies :-) I don't understand some women though. I mean they take it as a personal attack on their character when my husband opens a door for them. It's not that he doesn't think they are strong enough, its because he was taught to respect them (us). I feel special when he pulls out a chair for me! It's a cue to everyone in the world that we are a couple.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    sick!
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.49min, 14.9amph, 136mhr, 2.9mi = 105c
    SPIN- 43min, 84ar, 81aw, 9-13g, 130mhr, 10.7mi = 297c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.22min, 13.6amph, 136mhr 1.4mi = 72c
    ride wk 2 hm- 17.39min, 117ahr, 139mhr, 9amph, 2.6mi = 166c
    total cal 640