The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Don't put your dreams off because management needs to find someone. It's nice, but, when the door opens, if you don't walk through, it may never open again. If you are accepted, there will likely be some time before you can start work with law enforcement. That will give your management time to find someone to fill your position.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What @sufferlandrian said
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The Giro has started and I don't have any place to watch it! Dang it!
  • baebabu
    baebabu Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow night shifters! :p
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Back from the business trip boys and girls!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Night #3 of 5. And trying not to eat an entire bag of pretzel m&m's :D
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Annnnd Jeanette quit yesterday.
    She heard from the Lt that she could take FMLA for her back but because she had NO sick time she would be on UNPAID LEAVE until she recovered. She said we were not making reasonable accommodations for her and she straight up flounced.

You cannot EARN sick leave if you do not work a certain number of hours per pay period. That's POLICY. The end. Done deal. YOU KNEW THE POLICY AND YOU SIGNED IT.

Oh man the overtime.... oh poor sergeants with their new scheduling nightmare. I don't know WHAT we are going to do if DJ(coworker whose husband died) leaves us too.

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird WOW! Holly cow, what a mess.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Holy hell, not the best timing but finally lol

I hope your other coworker who lost her husband is able to come back. That just sucks. I don't know how your place works but would they be able to send other officers from other campuses to yours to help? At least until the spots get filled?
  • BodyByBex
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Holy hell, not the best timing but finally lol

I hope your other coworker who lost her husband is able to come back. That just sucks. I don't know how your place works but would they be able to send other officers from other campuses to yours to help? At least until the spots get filled?

Nope. We just have to find ways to cover it and we were just informed to use as little overtime as possible.

We'll be lucky if the open position is posted by the end of this week. :neutral:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Cover it but as little OT as possible...wtf? That sounds like fun...NOT!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @health_guard Same here :/
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    [quote="lilaclovebird;36405615
    Nope. We just have to find ways to cover it and we were just informed to use as little overtime as possible.
    [/quote]

I hated when I worked for the military and they were always saying, "You'll have to do more with less." There comes a point where you can't do more with less. You can't cover two peoples missed shifts with no overtime. I guess if you rack up 40 hours of overtime, it was as little as was possible. :smile:
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    We just have to find ways to cover it and we were just informed to use as little overtime as possible.

We'll be lucky if the open position is posted by the end of this week. :neutral:

not that it would be in your best interests to do so, but somebody needs to tell these douchenozzles to Google the word "math" and familiarize themselves with how it works.

no matter how many different ways you try to divide the number 40, it's still a finite number.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I do not want to be at work. I'm tired. I've worked too much. My body decided my TOM was actually going to happen this month and for a full week. And I'm just tired.

I need a Red Bull real bad...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I do not want to be at work. I'm tired. I've worked too much. My body decided my TOM was actually going to happen this month and for a full week. And I'm just tired.

I need a Red Bull real bad...

ME right here...except no TOM...inexplicable tiredness...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    *peeks in* Oh hey, how's it going? Missed you guys!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    hi! How's everyone's night going? I found my weight loss has slowed down the past few weeks. Looking back at my food diary I noticed a trend with coffee and carbs. I have tried but failed with avoiding carbs when I have coffee. Muffins, cookies, you know, the bad good stuff. It's been 5 weeks since I stopped coffee at work altogether and surprisingly, I have been sleeping better and aside from the first hour or so, I have been able to make my entire shift caffeine free.

• BodyByBex
    Options

How were finals?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

How were finals?

They sucked! But I did well. Glad they're over!