New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I got the diet coke slurpee! Was YUMMY! I used to eat slurpees all the time as a kid. I am glad they finally came out with a diet coke one.

Tried this caramel peanut butter, was delicious!!! I was hoping they would of sent me some of the other flavors, but they send me this one to try. I would buy again. I like a lot better than pb2. The caramel flavor tastes really good with the peanut butter, almost reminds me of a butterfinger taste. Really good!
    cy074k8j59a8.png

I ordered it. Seemed pretty mild to me and didn't taste much of caramel... how did you use it? I put mine in oatmeal, that might be why? Taste-wise it definitely seemed similar to PB2.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Saw these at Shoprite and bought. Haven't tried them yet.
    k2-_07c6f745-c56e-41e5-b563-82f7b4e10dac.v3.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got the diet coke slurpee! Was YUMMY! I used to eat slurpees all the time as a kid. I am glad they finally came out with a diet coke one.

Tried this caramel peanut butter, was delicious!!! I was hoping they would of sent me some of the other flavors, but they send me this one to try. I would buy again. I like a lot better than pb2. The caramel flavor tastes really good with the peanut butter, almost reminds me of a butterfinger taste. Really good!
    cy074k8j59a8.png

I ordered it. Seemed pretty mild to me and didn't taste much of caramel... how did you use it? I put mine in oatmeal, that might be why? Taste-wise it definitely seemed similar to PB2.

I made it into a "syrup" and drizzled it over baked apples with truvia, so I could taste it more perhaps(used 2 servings)? I thought it tasted a lot better than PB2 with a nice caramel taste. Maybe the oatmeal dilutes it a bit.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    HelenV1 wrote: »
    I really love the original Greek yogurt (FAGE) that comes with the side container that you flip. I love all the flavors but my favorite is the new Key lime. It tastes a bit like key-lime pie.

You can actually find the full fat version in more places around here now. So tasty.
    r83ywbrlmubs.jpg
    Well dats going in myyy bassskkkeeettt yo, macros are solid af too

Oh my. Where can you find that? Google is not helpful.

OMG yes where can I find these?! How many calories are in them and what are the stats? How do they taste compared to regular snickers haha?
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i have a ton of the Quest Labs products, but so far I have tried the following -

Blueberry Muffin protein bar - LOVED and ordered an entire box
    Oatmeal Chocolate Chip protein bar - meh... wouldn't buy again, nothing special
    Rocky Road protein bar - also LOVED, would order again, but didn't need 2 boxes at the moment

Waffle protein crunch bar - i liked this alot, but it made my teeth feel weird afterwards... almost like it was TOO sugary (it has 10g of sugar if anyone is wondering).

KetoBar Milk Chocolate bar - i had this last night after doing sprints... considering their original Cravings peanut butter cups are absolutely horrendous, i actually enjoyed this bar and its great for people who are doing LCHF diet.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    HelenV1 wrote: »
    I really love the original Greek yogurt (FAGE) that comes with the side container that you flip. I love all the flavors but my favorite is the new Key lime. It tastes a bit like key-lime pie.

You can actually find the full fat version in more places around here now. So tasty.
    r83ywbrlmubs.jpg

Oh my. Where can you find that? Google is not helpful.

OMG yes where can I find these?! How many calories are in them and what are the stats? How do they taste compared to regular snickers haha?

^^^^^^^^ what she said
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    It's been a year, but I finally decided to pick up one of Ben and Jerry's Core pints, Speculoo. My first impression wasn't great. I paired a serving with that was left of Dryer's California Almond Crunch. The flavors did not go well together.

I had it alone today and had a better time with it, but still wasn't impressed. The cookies aren't great and too big.

My husband is a huge fan of spekulatius, so I figured it was a sure thing when I picked up the B&J Speculoo. Er no. The ice cream was meh and the cookie butter thread running through there was just way too rich. We ended up throwing it out. TBH, I haven't come across a B&J flavor yet where I could absolutely say it was worth the calories and didn't end up throwing out without finishing. To me, the king of sky high calorie ice creams still is HD's White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. So good.

I recently tried this ketchup. I had high hopes, but man was it not good at all and made even worse curry ketchup:

hzk_3d_13oz_reducedsugarketchup-small.ashx?as=0&.jpg&hash=EFE2EF5D4E7303B258F3200EAA28DCC0C74BE539

I was kind of wary of completely fat free regular mayo, so never bought it. However, I stumbled upon some reviews for this on Amazon that were rave, so I broke down and paid more than I wanted to for a jar of this:

s-l300.jpg

And what do you know, it is not that bad. On first impression, tasted a bit like Miracle Whip, but when I ate a bit more, it somehow tasted far more like traditional mayo. Weird, but yeah, I would definitely buy this again (hopefully with a coupon next time...) for my salads and poke. Can't argue with 10 cals for 16g.

• mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Bomb diggity!
    8agzyge9kwhz.jpeg

And combo this!
    adac56aqzbpm.jpeg
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    i have a ton of the Quest Labs products, but so far I have tried the following -

w9r6lg0ecoga.png

1qz2xnrsdz87.png

ozc9lvj66wi6.png

Rocky Road protein bar - also LOVED, would order again, but didn't need 2 boxes at the moment

Waffle protein crunch bar - i liked this alot, but it made my teeth feel weird afterwards... almost like it was TOO sugary (it has 10g of sugar if anyone is wondering).

KetoBar Milk Chocolate bar - i had this last night after doing sprints... considering their original Cravings peanut butter cups are absolutely horrendous, i actually enjoyed this bar and its great for people who are doing LCHF diet.

9bst0qnztjng.png

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

I caved and purchased some of their stuff, but the keto chocolate bar and a lot of the keto cups were sold out unfortunately. I tried the strawberry cereal bar (was decent and I liked the macros so I would get again but only if it went on sale), and the waffle cereal bar. I agree with what you said about the waffle protein crunch bar, it was good but very sugary! When I opened it the waffle/maple smell was impossible to ignore! The glaze on top though reminds me of the salted caramel protein powder they make when you mix it with a little water into a glaze (which I do all the time for pancakes), so I wasn't too crazy about it (consume way too much of it) and I think it tastes slightly weird. I'm hoping the others are better. So far they're good, but nothing that knocked my socks off or would make me go out of my way and pay a ton for them!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I still haven't got in Quest labs... it's been 2 weeks now?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I saw the S'mores Oreos listed on HEB's website. I don't think I'll pick them up this year because I don't remember them too fondly.

Mars 'Protein' Bar - 51g
    Per 51g Bar
    Calories 199kcals
    Protein 18.2g
    Fat 7g
    - Of which saturates 2.7g
    Carbohydrate 18.5g
    - Of which sugars 9.5g
    - Of which sugar alchols 0g
    Fibre 2g
    Sodium 170mg
    Here's the page from Pick and Mix. I'll probably give it a shock for the heck of it
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    r83ywbrlmubs.jpg
    I... think I just died.
    Protein snickers.
    *thud*
    They don't have those hard weird rice crispy things in them, do they?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    r83ywbrlmubs.jpg
    I... think I just died.
    Protein snickers.
    *thud*
    It looks like the filling of a regular Snickers. I'd actually love a protein Snickers Crisper.

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    r83ywbrlmubs.jpg
    I... think I just died.
    Protein snickers.
    *thud*
    It looks like the filling of a regular Snickers. I'd actually love a protein Snickers Crisper.

That sounds promising.
    You know those weird hard little rice crispie like things that can be found in say, Special K protein bars or fibre one? I have a hard time getting those down due to the texture. I'd prefer actual crisped rice.
  • glassyo
    Options
    I saw the S'mores Oreos listed on HEB's website. I don't think I'll pick them up this year because I don't remember them too fondly.

Mars 'Protein' Bar - 51g
    Per 51g Bar
    Calories 199kcals
    Protein 18.2g
    Fat 7g
    - Of which saturates 2.7g
    Carbohydrate 18.5g
    - Of which sugars 9.5g
    - Of which sugar alchols 0g
    Fibre 2g
    Sodium 170mg
    Here's the page from Pick and Mix. I'll probably give it a shock for the heck of it

Wait, is the Mars protein bar the same as the Snickers protein bar? And I don't think we have the Snickers protein bar in the US yet. Buuuuuuuuuuut, my boss and coworker are going to England in June so maybe I should put in an order. :p
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh it's an English site. Doh. Figures...
  • glassyo
    Options
    LOL yeah...and not on ebay or amazon.com yet.

I actually got it into my head to finally try those milka oreo bars so was checking out those two sites for prices last night. The Costplus site didn't even have the oreo version.
  • Francl27
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    LOL yeah...and not on ebay or amazon.com yet.

I actually got it into my head to finally try those milka oreo bars so was checking out those two sites for prices last night. The Costplus site didn't even have the oreo version.

I like them. Well, mine is gone LOL. It was $2 at Wegmans.
  • glassyo
    Options
    I don't know if CA has a sister store to Wegmans. I did check my normal stores and they don't carry it.

Also....

96rvpl8qz09y.jpg
    I like anything mini.