40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Strength day today. Squats, rows, overhead presses, triceps, core work + 25 minutes on the elliptical.

OMG I hate strength training so much. Just give me my cardio.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,015 Member
    Options
    Done ~~
    1 minute of planking for a daily challenge.
    Cardio - 1 hour of SUP 'touring' on the race course for Saturday. 2.86 miles (21 min/mile, so a bit slow). About 20 extra minutes of casual paddling about for an extra .25 of mile.
    (and loving that my net currently is -60 with the workout...time to get eating!)
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Body Pump yesterday after a two year break. :# It's true that what you do isn't translatable to something else. lol

I am heading to Body Pump class after work. I usually go during my lunch hour but had an appointment today. This year I am working on my mileage and adding the class 2 x week.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Am always amazed how long it has been since my last check in. Crazy busy weekend - my youngest son and granddaughter were here for the weekend. That little peanut had me on the go steady. She is 15mths old and on the move. I needed a 2 hr nap after she left on Sunday. LOL.

Did a 16k run on Saturday which went pretty well. A lot better than that 5km a few days prior. Am still trying to get a run in this week. UGH - nothing so far. Grrrr.

Dance recital weekend for my eldest granddaughter. The recital was spectacular. For a small town, there are over 100 people in dance, and the dances / costumes / music are all amazing.

@Beeps2011 - am pleased to hear the news about your surgery. Keeping you in my prayers.
    @60to35 - I do live in a beautiful area. Saw a little black bear on my road yesterday. Am sure "mamma" wasn't too far away.
    @rahmat805 - nice goals. Good luck to you.
    @jessiethe3rd - congrats on the weight loss and good luck with your goals. Am sure you will get there with your plan.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Back & Traps=Done!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Allenpriest- Congratulations on the new pants! :)
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Real gym again today. My daughter showed me how to use the squat rack. I will not be able to sit on the toilet tomorrow.
    Legs and a 30 minute run today.

Aaaaaaaack!!! @sdereski Bears! I ran into one a few years back. He was standing across the road from me while I was out on a run. The black bears around here are not afraid of people- too used to them. That encounter has resulted in a lot of TM running in the basement
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi, people! It's been a long time since I've been around, but it's time. After a sudden divorce last year, my weight see-sawed and it's time to take control again. I'm 45, and I am glad I wandered in!
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I've been staying consistent

We all need to keep at it!!!!
  • tonkacrew3
    tonkacrew3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would really like to join. I am 45 and have lost 60lbs. so far by using clean eating techniques, drinking water and walking. I would love to know all I could though, from others, since my body just isn't responding like in the past.
  • abbyweaver1975
    abbyweaver1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Getting my eating under control has been the biggest struggle. What's been working for me is a change in my mentality about myself, and how I think about food. I've begun to think of myself as an athlete, not a sports specific athlete, or a professional anything, but just a life athlete. Once I started to see myself through that lens, I started to look at food as "Does this food help me or hurt me?" If it hurts me, I either don't eat it or I eat very little of it. I mean, let's get real; I enjoy beer and junk food, but I've cut it WAY back because it's not doing ANYTHING good for me. When I get the urge to sleep in, or sit on the couch and eat a bowl of chips and queso, I think "Would an athlete do that?" It all comes down to discipline and holding myself accountable to being a life athlete.

I don't know if any of that will work for you, but that's what has helped me get on a better track.

This makes a lot of sense actually. I have really been trying to look at things in a different way. My husband tries to help but because of my passed relationships, when he tries to help I see him griping that I am not good enough. To answer you, yes I think this helps and I am going to start over AGAIN tomorrow. Today was one of those days no matter how hard you try it just doesn't happen. Wish me luck and Thank you!!!!!

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,015 Member
    Options
    Done ~~
    1 minute of planking for a daily challenge.
    Cardio - 45 minutes of SUP, low mileage (1.75 miles) due to practicing various paddling techniques and some strong storm winds blowing through. Tomorrow is a rest day -- Yippie! -- just have to clean the board and equipment for Saturday (I know I should have done it today, but really think a nap is in my near future).
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    sdereski, I am heading into a 10-day period of travel and various kidlet activities and I won't have a workout in the next ten days! Yikes!! Then again, my body is very tired and stress from this "ovarian mass" is taking its toll....so, perhaps a week of "rest" is ok.

allenpriest - congrats on dropping another pants' size! I am going in the other direction...having gained about 10 lbs since xmas....and this is rotten. I will try and maintain at this weight....and then post-surgery, I will try and dump it off (again!!).

BOOM!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Last time the pants were so loose I went down two sizes. Also have to replace summer shorts as those just fall off. It's kind of funny.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - this is my first post in this thread. I joined MFP 3 years ago but slacked off after a few months. I have just gotten back and soooo glad that I found this thread! I am a 5'3" 42yo female (my profile pic doesn't give any clue so I think I better mention this). My goals are: get down to 125lbs, optimize my fitness, improve body shape (just to name a few haha). I was ~150lbs in Jan, which was not my all time high but close... Currently at 135 - this hasn't budge for a few days but hanging in there. I like bike riding and have just gotten back to weight training a month ago (1 time a week at the moment hoping to make it to 2). I am from Hong Kong so half a globe away from some of you here I guess? English is not my native language so please excuse me if anything I say came out weird or impolite!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=Done!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    C25k week 7 day 3 yesterday. Two miles running, 1.3 miles walking.

Also, last night was bowling night. 3 hours of hurling a 15-pound ball at stationary objects. It's a sport league, which means we're bowling on PBA oil patterns, which always adds a challenge. I had two good games and two meh games. I guess that's not too terrible for being away from the game for a year.
  • kazr11
    kazr11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just turned 40 last year and looking to drop a few pounds. I joined the year after the birth of my 2nd baby, back in 2012. For various reasons I could not maintain the logging in and lost my way. Fast forward to 2016 and I now feel I have the time and motivation to finally get my butt in gear!

Look forward to hearing your stories!

Kaz x
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!