• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    CCSJ09~ ((((((hugs to you ))))))))) I am sorry all you and your husband are going thru. My prayers are with you and your family.

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Pip~ Beautiful letter and quite a testimony to the struggles Kirby and you have endured. (((hugs)))
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    KetoneKaren~Lovely dress! I love wearing retro-ish dresses. The slip peeking that pop of color is the best part!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,605 Member
    Options
    anner - we have a scooter with a sidecar - ours is a stella, kinda mint green color. we still have it, don't ride it cuz I ride bike now... we will be selling it when we get back to California probably so we can get what we want for it, no negotiation on that one. I'll upload pics when I have time. it's a remake of a 1971 vespa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,277 Member
    Options
    Karen - Lovely dress - a bit like a retro one I wore for my son's wedding. :)

Tonight I tried to open up the discussion of what I would like for my own treatment approaching death. It was much too much for DH who had to watch his last partner die slowly of cancer in their home when she was only 47. It brought all the trauma back. It is difficult for me because it is a subject I care a lot about and I would not want him to have to go through a similar thing again, but he doesn't see it that way, he just thinks it is me wanting my own way. Oh well. Who knows how we will find our end. His point is that we shouldn't impose our will on other people, because we don't know how they will feel when it comes to it. I can't bear to think that people will only remember me as ill and old and I don't want to be a burden. I would rather go gracefully. Anyway, he knows my opinion. He was just sobbing his heart out. :s

Love to all, Heather UK
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Pip~ Beautiful letter and quite a testimony to the struggles Kirby and you have endured. (((hugs)))
    Becca
    I agree!
    Also, Miriam what a beautiful post!
    Betty
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,745 Member
    Options
    Hidee Ho ladies~
    got out of work at 5:15,sitting down and packing for staying overnight up at Faiths... gonna take my grocery and shopping list to see what I can find that is good..
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Becca, I have the exact same scooter but mine is BARBIE PINK and has the "trunk" box on the back. My helmet is also Barbie pink! I haven't been able to ride it since the girls came to stay three years ago. I am hoping to this year as they are old enough to leave at home when I bop to the store for a few things.
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry I disappeared after sharing my tale of woe. My meeting went better than expected although I was told that I bordered on insubordination with my question as to whether all staff were treated like I am. Turns out, the complainant and I had a couple of days of very civil back and forth discussion until I found the two (not four) missing memorial gifts. I did not have adequate information on either of them so he ended up writing me a profuse apology. As "suggested" by my supervisor, I wrote an apology email to the pastor. I did tell him that the question was not directed at him personally, but for the church as a whole. He has to ask a big favor of me today so I guess all is forgiven. :tongue:

I have been encouraged by folks at my other job to apply for a position at a HUD low income housing for the elderly unit. That church donated the property and the ownership will revert back to them in about six years. I applied for the same job before but was turned down because I don't have a social work degree. I will apply again just to see what happens. No one on the BOD sees the need for a social work degree.

In the meantime, my reflux flared up Tuesday and I spent the day on Wednesday in bed with a migraine accompanied by vomiting. This 15 hour per week job is killing me! Literally. :disappointed:

Thanks for all of your support and advice. Y'all mean the world to me!

Kudos to those who deserve them and a boot to the backside of those who need that.

:heart: Carol in NC
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tonight I tried to open up the discussion of what I would like for my own treatment approaching death. It was much too much for DH who had to watch his last partner die slowly of cancer in their home when she was only 47. It brought all the trauma back. It is difficult for me because it is a subject I care a lot about and I would not want him to have to go through a similar thing again, but he doesn't see it that way, he just thinks it is me wanting my own way. Oh well. Who knows how we will find our end. His point is that we shouldn't impose our will on other people, because we don't know how they will feel when it comes to it. I can't bear to think that people will only remember me as ill and old and I don't want to be a burden. I would rather go gracefully. Anyway, he knows my opinion. He was just sobbing his heart out. :s
    Love to all, Heather UK

I suspect that your DH will not be able to face this discussion with you on his own. If you find yourself with a fatal diagnosis, you should seek couples counseling to talk it though. The right mediator would be a real help.

Our experience with this level of communication breakdown was over a much less serious situation. We were talking about moving. DH wanted to move to our current home and I was reluctant because it would give me a hellish commute. He wanted this place more than anything and could not hear my concerns. DH and I went to a psychologist to discuss the move. It was a humane and productive way to talk things over. We ended up buying this place and I had the commute from hell for many years. I love it here now that I'm retired. I just didn't love the two hourlong commutes bookending 9 hour workdays. Luckily I had summers off.

:ohwell: :noway: :heart:
  • pipcd34
    Options
    total stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.17min, 17.1amph, 155mhr, 2.9mi = 134c
    JOG- 25min, 11.28ap/min mi, 5.0-5.5sp, 3incl, 138ahr, 148mhr, 2.18mi = 260c
    OTHER- PHYSICAL THERAPY @ gym- 10min, 121mhr, 3 stretches, 2sets of 15 w/5lb weights = 70c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.53min, 14.4amph, 151mhr, 1.4mi = 85c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.36min, 9.2amph, 150mhr, 2.5mi = 172c
    total cal 721
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,852 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies: Went to the YM this morning and got in a good workout although I couldn't remember how to get the one machine adjusted. A kind man helped me out. Thanks to those of you who made suggestions for finding a teapot. I will check into Goodwill and the senior citizen thrift shop. DS and DGD came by and picked up his RV this afternoon. They are headed to a swim meet at Anna Cortes this weekend.

CJ and others - Making end of life decisions for others is a hard place to be. Prayers for all concerned. When I went in for my wellness exam this week I was given a booklet called "Five Wishes". It is published by Aging with Dignity and takes the place of a living will. It seems like at least a good place to start a discussion with family.

Katla - Hope yoga went well and you hear from DD soon.

Katiebug - Exactly what Katla quoted! I used to teach Arthritis Foundation Aquatic exercise and the foundation has other classes that they sponsor too. They are all for appropriate exercise.

Kim - I have a place for you to stay (DS's RV) so keep that trip in mind.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :)Karen, what a lovely dress and a cheery balance for the sad and scary topics that are being addressed here today.

:'(CJ, thank you for sharing with us....I can't even imagine how hard it must be to watch your husband at this time.

:)Pip, what a great testimonial about Kirby...you two are a great pair <3

:)Carol in NC, good to hear that there was a satisfactory outcome of your frustrating dilemma.

:) Jake and I love shopping at the grocery store and Costco together..we shop for many things online but food won't be one of them.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

4auxie613z2a.jpg
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Heather, I sure hope DH can control the anxiety and it won’t hamper your holiday!

Slja, welcome. This is a great group of ladies with tons of support and valuable information. I am willing to use my boot when someone needs a swift kick in the rear. (You do have to ask for it most of the time.) Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. It helps us identify you and makes it easier to respond. Come often and join right in.

CarolGA, so sorry to hear about your mom. It is heartbreaking to see them deteriorate. ((((Hugs))))

Kay, welcome back under that magic number! You are so right about not letting it get away from us. Way to go.

Chris, (((Hugs))) to you as well while you go through that with your mother.

Pip, we don’t know why you like riding in the wind so much??? I rode the recumbent bike at the gym today and thought of you. I don’t know how you do it but I think it’s great. You are just a Superwoman!!!
    Katla, so glad you had a good visit with DD and the grands. Now to rest. yawning.gif

Meg, congrats on finishing PT. Hope you continue to do well.

Chris, so glad things are still good with BF. Your trip to the Cape sounds wonderful. Have a grand time!!
    Allie, knowing it can change “again” at least for now I’m glad you won’t have to take care of the dog too. angry-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif Congrats on being almost finished at your Dad’s house. You have gotten your workouts there.

Pip, that is so nice of you to offer to work out with your new gym friend. That is wonderful for her and she just doesn’t realize it yet. Gosh I wish I’d find a “Pip” at my new gym!!
    Janet #2 (hee hee), that is great that you will have a walking buddy. I’m sure she was impressed with your weight lifting. I know I am. weight-lifting-emoticon.gif

Barbie, at line dance this week they were actually just reviewing some of the old standards so I didn’t have any trouble at all. penguin-dancers-smiley-emoticon.gif I was pleasantly surprised. It felt great to be back.

Sue, I’m sure your tea table will be perfect. Surely you can ask around to find another tea pot or if there is time check out a few garage sales. I hope you get to take a picture to share with us. I don’t do a lot of that sort of thing either and think it’s great that you are doing it. You go girl.
    Larisa, so glad you had a great swim and it’s replacing your running for you. Keep on strokin’! swimmer-smiley-emoticon.gif

CJ, I’m sitting here with a lump in my throat after reading what you are going through with your DH. I can’t imagine how hard it must be. My best friend lost her hubby 3 years ago and he got to the point where they stopped feeding him when he just got too bad. Luckily he went unconscious right after that and never woke up again so they told her it was a peaceful death. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I’m sending you the peace and strength to make the right decisions for you. ((((Hugs))))

Barb, don’t worry about trying to learn us as it will come in time. Just post responses when something peeks your interest and let us know what’s going on with you. You’ll pick up information about different ones from time to time. It really helps me when people put their name and where they are from at the end of their post. My DD tells me I suffer from “Immediate Memory Loss”. smiley-laughing002.gif

Alyson, welcome. For sure it’s okay to put yourself first. This is a great group of ladies so visit often.

Joyce, I hadn’t thought of all the $$$$ ya’ll are going to save after the surgery. Do you think Amber will go Blond after a day or two? You are too funny! smiley-toilet16.gif

Nancy, thanks for the introduction. We have all sorts of ladies here so pull up a chair and put your feet up. You are right that you can come in at any time of day and whatever days you feel like it. Just come as often as you can.

IrishTerri, welcome back!! I thought you had deserted us??? So glad to see you and hope you can hang around. You are doing great with your weight. Way to go.
    m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Thanks to so many of you for your kind comments. I hate that I am struggling to keep up but feel like you are all part of my family and I have to find time to visit with you. I went to the gym and worked out for almost an hour today. I actually surprised myself with some of what I could do. I’m sure I’ll be sore tomorrow. I have an appointment with a trainer on Monday to set up a work out for me. I plan to start real slow and build up. It late so I’ll say good night without catching up again. Oh well. I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    thanks for the sweet comments my peeps.

just got an early bday card from my sis, signed by her, mom and one of my nieces (with an enclosed $100 chk) that was a sweet surprise!

nite peep-c's
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Thanks everybody! I was so surprised at the number of people at the rehearsal and luncheon that echoed what all of you said about my polka dots and orange crinoline! I went out on a limb and it was fun!

Hugs to all of you having struggles of one kind or another. My thoughts are with you.

Tomorrow is the Big Fat Wedding! We will all heave a big sigh of relief when the drama is over. In the meantime, it is entertaining.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Pip when is the BD?

Janetr OKC