You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    When you decide to take a rest day so you only walk 10,000 steps

^^ This :smiley:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    When you're told you have to go to a not so local hospital for an appointment instead of the one which is a 10 minute walk from work and all you can think about is how much time it'll take away from your exercise.

(Hey, I'm tiny. I need all the exercise I can get so I can eat :))
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Panicking when a restaurant doesn't have a nutritional menu so you view at least 10 different versions of the food in the database so you can guess which estimate is most likely to match what you ate. Seafood wonton pho, anyone?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    When I lick the yogurt off the pull off foil lid.

Those are my calories and if I have to log them...I'm going to eat every last one of them.

I do that!

And when I have a steak I weigh it cooked, then weigh the stuff I trim off and subtract it

This is SO me!!!
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    When you weigh yourself before bed and are mad because you know you won't hit a new low
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    When you have a notebook next to your digital scale with all kinds of mathematical equations written on it.

THIS!!! And I SUCK at math!!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    When you get overly excited when you chop a hunk of say cucumber off for a snack before weighing it, put it on the scale and it read 100g even. I think I actually yell "YES!!!!" haha.

That I try to see how accurate my guesswork is before looking at the scale...hmmm looks like so and so many grams...okay, let's see!

I used to work in a professional test kitchen- I can 'eyeball' almost all vegetables and meats to the quarter-ounce. My husband actually challenges me. "I have ten berries here, how many grams is that gonna be?" I need to start betting money on it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    When you have a notebook next to your digital scale with all kinds of mathematical equations written on it.

THIS!!! And I SUCK at math!!

I bookmarked the calculator app on my navigation bar on my computer.

When you get really grumpy because you're forced to waste calories on mediocre food because everyone picked a restaurant that you don't like (and the only non-salad 'healthy' option still has 700 calories and doesn't even taste great for $15).
  • philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When you're secretly glad that dinner plans have been cancelled because it would have been impossible to log it accurately.

When you make social plans just for drinks and not dinner so you can stay on track!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    When you're secretly glad that dinner plans have been cancelled because it would have been impossible to log it accurately.

When you make social plans just for drinks and not dinner so you can stay on track!

Secretly hoping that it's going to rain this week end and we have to cancel our Memorial Day party so I don't have all those temptations around me (plus it was my husband's idea and I don't know anyone who's coming and it's just not my thing).
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You're reading a previously loaded MFP page on the plane in airplane mode and still want to keep clicking the 'Like' and 'Awesome' buttons
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    When you can accurately grab exactly 11 grams of shredded cheese out of the package with your hand. Pure muscle memory.

This. Only in my case it's 14 grams. :) My hubby claims I am spooky now.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I had some French toast sticks with syrup. I didn't need all the syrup, so I sipped the rest out of the cup. LOL
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I had some French toast sticks with syrup. I didn't need all the syrup, so I sipped the rest out of the cup. LOL

That's hardcore!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

I just did this with Nutella, yesterday -- I'm not wasting those calories!

Someone brought in a cheesecake assortment to work. Each slice was different, so had different calories; I chose my slice by the lowest calories. When someone asked to try mine (after I already logged it)...

no-gif.gif
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    When you and your friend are both into fitness and it hits you that both of you going out to lunch would be a huge inconvenience... to both of you.