Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 I used to be very fit. have managed to put on 60 in the last few years. but still exercised most days. so still fit. just a lot more of me to heave about!
    I did gamma this morning. I really like them. I enjoy using light weights. I generally use 5 kg for most of it and 3 kg for anything with a long lever which I think was only fly lifts today.I have done them all many times. I tend to just keep working through the set day after day. so alpha beta gamma then back to alpha. I don't do the stretching ones though. today I fancied weights so will go back to beta tomorrow.
    I was ill last week and missed 4 days. got achey legs today! amazing how quickly you can lose fitness.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My first week in Beta was great! I can't say I see any changes yet but I feel sore the next day. That good sore feeling! I like the intro to weights and seriously considering Gamma!
  • cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Starting Beta Tonight!
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Enjcg5 well done on first week of Beta I'm feeling exactly the same as you right now!! Everything aches but I'm barely breaking as much of a sweat as Alpha was. My weight seems to be going slightly up this week but only workout has changed. Bmr the same so I'm assuming it's water retention from use of weights now. Hopefully I'll figure it out when I have my weigh in at gym.

@cgibs87 yayy welcome to Beta let us know how the first workout goes! I just did dynamic core.. there's a part on the floor where u lie flat and lift your head then go into a sort of sit up.. I can't lift my body up at all on this haha.

Looking forward to finding out stats tomorrow as weigh seems to be going up now I'm hoping this lean muscle is taking over because my legs look incredible Hut my big belly rolls are still there!!
  • chookywillow
    Options
    what are you logging t25 as? I have just used 30 mins general cardio. no idea if this is accurate. did beta core cardio today. had to pause for water break though. time flew by though - thankfully! a
  • cgibs87
    Options
    http://www.homeworkoutexpert.com/ i have used this website.
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar heart rate monitor to figure out my calorie burn. I paid around $50 for it and it's totally worth it.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    I use circuit training general under cardio but not sure it's a great log for what I do.. looking forward to getting my hrm.. if it ever arrives!!
  • chookywillow
    Options
    thanks c gibs that great. put my weight in stones instead of pounds first. which was definitely wrong! I think I bought the only heart monitor in the world that doesn't calculate calories burnt! I have speed 2 tomorrow.haven't done it for a while. remember that it is nowhere near as friendly as speed 1 though with all the lovely stretching breathers!
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Workout of the day done!! You guys are all doing so well! It's really impressive! I can't wait to be on the same stages as you guys :smiley: I realised I spent longer dreading the workout than what i actually spent working out haha how crazy is that? Feeling good for getting it done tho B)
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Haha well done @AnniePenny I feel the same way sometimes and puts me off.

So first week of Beta done and nothing good has come of it on my weekly weigh in update.
    If I compare to my first weigh in at the gym 4weeks ago there is progress and loss. If I compare to the progression I was making in Alpha compared to Beta there is bad news. Ofcourse I'm going to stick out this next week and continue as normal and see if anything incredible happens this week or in the next 3 I'm over half way there. I'll do a break down of stats for last 4weeks.

End of week 4 compared to end of week 6
    *my scales at home show me in 69.3 so must be broken unfortunately.
    5ft7 female 28yrs old
    Weight - 71.3kg / 70.2kg
    Fat % - 34.9% / 34%
    Fat Mass - 25.9 / 23.9
    Muscle Mass - 44kg / 43.9kg
    Metabolic Age - 43 / 41
    BMI - 24.7 / 24.3
    Degree of obesity - 12.1% / 10.4%

I was steadily gaining muscle mass and losing body fat % into this week of Beta (week before Tom just starting).
    Body fat % - 34.9% / 33.2% / 33.2% / 34%
    Muscle Mass - 44kg / 44.9kg / 44.4kg / 43.9kg

Anyone got advice, help? Is it because it's Beta now and my body needs to adapt or retaining water or anything like that? Or am I doing something wrong? Nothing changed except the workouts from Alpha to Beta? Should I go back to Alpha or keep moving forward with Beta and Gamma?? Really stuck and feeling down hearted. I do notice huge changes in my body and muscle definition and thought I'd been gaining more muscle.. but now that seems unlikely unless that no. Will just change suddenly in a week or two?

Thanks in advance guys.

• cgibs87
    Options
    Did my 1st day of Beta yesterday- Core Cardio- holy moly did I sweat! I made it through the entire 25 minutes but i did modify some.. not going to lie, I felt like i was going to puke after for a little bit LOL

@rachelriley87 don't be discouraged! I haven't done my measurements since the 1st time about a month ago because I don't want the numbers to mess with my head- I am going by how I feel- I haven't lost anymore weight (down 2.5 pounds in 5 weeks) but I can tell I am getting stronger everyday. I do the elliptical every morning and 5 weeks ago I could barely do 12 minutes with a very low resistance. Today I am doing over 20 minutes with the resistance almost all the way up and getting 4 miles done. I also noticed in T25 I am able to do a lot more without modifying. You got this girl!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Thanks @cgibs87 just what I needed to hear! Sounds like you are killing it!! I just did core cardio now too. I can barely breathe but I think the weigh in made me push even more than usual til the point I got dizzy. I'm still sweating now as per usual and trying to recover. I'm genuinely upset that I decided to weigh in each week at the gym, I am feeling tons better and barely modify anything except planks and push ups now. Maybe I will try to do a little more like you and see if I progress there too. I am trying to get fit and healthy but I also really want to lose the belly/back fat I've gained. I thought by now 6weeks in I would see a change in the stomach more as I really want to be ready for the beach. Looks like I might miss it this year. I have some stretch marks from when I was on steroids and lost weight from my chemo and biopsy scars bone marrow scars pic line scars etc. that I'm really self conscious of and thought by toning up and losing weight I'd feel more comfortable on the beach. I guess my results will just come slower when it comes to the physical. Mum always said they are battle scars but at my age I don't want them haha!!
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks @cgibs87 just what I needed to hear! Sounds like you are killing it!! I just did core cardio now too. I can barely breathe but I think the weigh in made me push even more than usual til the point I got dizzy. I'm still sweating now as per usual and trying to recover. I'm genuinely upset that I decided to weigh in each week at the gym, I am feeling tons better and barely modify anything except planks and push ups now. Maybe I will try to do a little more like you and see if I progress there too. I am trying to get fit and healthy but I also really want to lose the belly/back fat I've gained. I thought by now 6weeks in I would see a change in the stomach more as I really want to be ready for the beach. Looks like I might miss it this year. I have some stretch marks from when I was on steroids and lost weight from my chemo and biopsy scars bone marrow scars pic line scars etc. that I'm really self conscious of and thought by toning up and losing weight I'd feel more comfortable on the beach. I guess my results will just come slower when it comes to the physical. Mum always said they are battle scars but at my age I don't want them haha!!
    The pushups kill me! And stuff like Vsits dont quite look as "v" as the demonstrators. Keep working through it. I'm gonna splurge on Gamma and find the right balance between "strength" and "cardio" with this program!
  • chookywillow
    Options
    hi Rachel not sure if I'm missing something but your results look great. everything going in the right direction. if your muscles are aching more since starting beta or if you had high sodium or food like rice yesterday this would lead to temporary water weight and I
    could affect results. I don't think you can read too much into one week. it also could be just the fact it is a new workout so you won't have been familiar with the routine so maybe done slightly less than last weeks alpha? I don't think you need to feel despondent . give it a few more weeks.
    it sounds like your body has done amazing things and looked after you wonderfully beating cancer. mine has too. my battle scars cant be seen and I do have daily inconvenience because of the treatment I had. cant be too cross about it though. without them I wouldn't be here.

I think generally people are so hung up about their own bodies and bits they aren't proud of they are too preoccupied to look at other peoples. try not to be too hard on your body. its done good things for you and is getting fitter by then day. x
  • chookywillow
    Options
    just did beta 2.0 forgot how much fun it is. time flew by. so nice to have a day off push ups too! don't think I worked as hard as I could as I usually work out first thing and couldn't o it til this evening today. Sun was streaming in and it was really hot. so not all sweat was due to the workout !
  • chookywillow
    Options
    are you doing speed 2.0 tomorrow cGibs? hope you enjoy it. there are a few breather moves interspersed to get your breath back along the way!
  • cgibs87
    Options
    @chookywillow doing speed 2.0 tonight after work! Looking forward to it but I am a bit scared haha

@rachelriley87 you have been through a lot at such a young age, concurring cancer is AMAZING. Be proud of yourself and let your "battle scars" be a reminder at how strong you are and how far you have come
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @chookywillow thanks for your post I know those daily struggles only too well. Maybe your right with the food but it's the fat % going up in the last week and the muscle mass going down past 2weeks that's my concern. I'm generally good with foods and nothing changed except the workout. Glad to see your doing well on Beta workouts speed 2.0 is a killer especially in hot weather I feel for you! I also feel later workouts don't suit me as my brain just does the motions and no real effort shutting off ready for bed.

@cgibs87 thankyou for support needed it today. I have my good days and bad I think it just depends on my mood it's a daily struggle. Some days I feel great about myself and progress other days I feel like it is such slow progress and dragging. Although these changes will stick for life as maintenence I just want to get there a little faster. I'm very impatient.

On that note I decided to take a picture of my stomach from the side I took a few selfish snaps at the start and even after a massive sweet baked potato there is a huge difference wish I knew how to upload to show and see if you guys can tell. It's made me more optimistic.
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't always linear, you are doing really well! keep up the fab work