Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Thanks @nakedraygun Form is definitely one thing that this 20 rep program has helped with. There are enough reps there to really find your groove. Hoping the form sticks through as the weights keep going up.

Still jealous of that bench LOL I'm still stuck at a 1RM of between 235-240 :disappointed:
    I found that as well. After about two weeks squatting 3x week my groove was in a whole new orbit of awesome. On light days I would squat 3x10 at 50% and on heavy days I'd squat another 50% 5x10 after my strength work -- I'd then add 10 pounds a week.

I'm still regaining my strength in my bench. I half-heartedly tested it this weekend and did okay with 285x1, but failed on a 300, but I weigh 205 lbs, so my bench really isn't that impressive by any measure at that bodyweight.
    This was my meet last weekend. Deadlift second attempt at 140kg. Sadly the third at 147.5 barely left the floor. Last summer I hit 145 at a similar body weight so am a bit disappointed but have been struggling with hip issues.

Sorry to hear about your hip issues, but your second attempt was a very nice pull.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Really happy with this one.

My squat 1rm last meet was 451. This is a single at 430 in training but the bar speed here tells me I've got a decent amount of room in the tank. This is probably the best I've looked at this high of a %rm.

https://youtu.be/9LQLWUQnsUc

That was smooth as butter dude.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Really happy with this one.

My squat 1rm last meet was 451. This is a single at 430 in training but the bar speed here tells me I've got a decent amount of room in the tank. This is probably the best I've looked at this high of a %rm.

Dang that was nice!
    Options
    Not quite heavy or smooth as @sidesteel and at much higher bodyweight I knocked these out a few days ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGLBiaQkOCY
    340x8.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    ^ Those looked good ^ =)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Hit a new platform pr yesterday. 82.5kg/181.5lb on my third, and good enough for silver at the IPF Classic bench worlds.

Options
    ^ Those looked good ^ =)

Gracias @SideSteel!
    Hit a new platform pr yesterday. 82.5kg/181.5lb on my third, and good enough for silver at the IPF Classic bench worlds.

DANA! Get the heck out! CONGRATS! Really solid lift and meet!
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Squats have been a general weakness of mine, but I am finally making progress with them!! At my meet last week, I couldn't hit full depth on my 3rd attempt which was only 170lbs. Yesterday, I hit depth at that weight and then some!! First I hit 175lbs for an easy PR, but that wasn't enough!! I then hit 180lbs, which was a bit more of a struggle--I went a bit forward-- but I was able to get it down to full depth and stand it up. YAY PRs!!!

• maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

And with no lift-off...you are AMAZING!!!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun - I cut it out of the video but the expression on my face when I saw the white lights was priceless. And when the Brits told me I had gotten silver, there were more than a few tears of joy!

@maranarasauce93 - I train with self handoffs all the time, although I normally take handoffs in comp. after watching the spotters and loaders all week, I knew that I would hate the liftoff, so I just did it myself.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Top two from this morning. Hitting 225 on my 20 rep program (yay two plates!) and then went for an extra rep on my 5 rep DL set and hit 355x6

https://youtu.be/xgInekNzfes
    https://youtu.be/7qHPQ2W1OIk

Awesome job on all the PR's @Willbenchforcupcakes and @maranarasauce93

Nice squat for you too @nakedraygun
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    20?!

You sir have balls
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    20?!

You sir have balls

haha thanks @SideSteel I'm doing a 6 week 20 rep program...today was halfway through and if I can see it all the way through, I'll hit 275-280 for 20 in another 3 weeks.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    20?!

You sir have balls

20 rep squat breathing program... makes you talk to jesus. LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

SO FRKCKING PROUD OF YOU!!!! YA YA YA YA YA YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • its_laura_btw
    its_laura_btw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Watched these out of curiosity as I know nothing about lifting.
    But damn I wanna lift so bad!
    You all are so impressive!
    I have the strength of a newborn though.
    For. Reals. So I doubt I'll be lifting any time soon hah.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    20?!

You sir have balls

haha thanks @SideSteel I'm doing a 6 week 20 rep program...today was halfway through and if I can see it all the way through, I'll hit 275-280 for 20 in another 3 weeks.

That is a lot of weight to jump in 6 weeks. Impressive
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    You all are awesome & inspiring! (as I head off to my deadlift class today!)