Replies

• JamiroJunior
    JamiroJunior Posts: 139
    Options
    I hate when people say 'Whatever!'...
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    well, i just don't think as urban meaning black.....i like urban outfitters....i don't think :"hey these black peoples clothes are cool"

I am sorry but this cracked me up.

Me too. This girl is awesome.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Aw shoot and I totally forgot all the family-related ones: hubs, hubby, DH (anything other than "My husband" or "Steve", if you know him, is damn annoying). Preggers and preggo are hideous. Simply hideous. Way to make an already undignified time of life sound even more stupid. (Make no mistake, my children are my life's most important creations, now and forever, but I didn't enjoy a) being as big as a Volkswagen b) having my sex life, breasts, and other bodily functions open season for conversation c) People thinking they could touch me on the stomach because I was growing a human.)

Might be my favorite post on this thread.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Aw shoot and I totally forgot all the family-related ones: hubs, hubby, DH (anything other than "My husband" or "Steve", if you know him, is damn annoying). Preggers and preggo are hideous. Simply hideous. Way to make an already undignified time of life sound even more stupid. (Make no mistake, my children are my life's most important creations, now and forever, but I didn't enjoy a) being as big as a Volkswagen b) having my sex life, breasts, and other bodily functions open season for conversation c) People thinking they could touch me on the stomach because I was growing a human.)

Might be my favorite post on this thread.

Agreed!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Baby Daddy, I hate hate hate that term!
    Me tooo,!!!
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Ya feel me???

(No, I don't, and I'd rather not...)

And here's a question, maybe someone can answer for me. I am no where near racist and would never use the "N" word...but then, around here the people who actually DO use that word are black people, and they are not being mean to each other it's like a synonym for "friend" or something. How is that someone other than a black person calls a black person the "N" word no matter what the intention it is like the most horrible thing ever, but when a black person calls another black person the exact same thing it is like a way to recognize or acknowledge them as a "friend?" I don't get it? Cause it's like when women call other women "bi*ch" some women don't mind but I would be very offended if it happened to me no matter what or who said it.

Every culture has there own descriptive word that they use amongst one another but is considered offensive when an outsider says it. For example: I'm in an area highly populated by people of middle eastern decent. Often they will refer to one another as arabs (pronounced with a long A) But this would be offensive if a non-arab (pronounced with a short A) called them that. I'm polish, we call ourselves polaks on a daily basis, but if someone else said it to me I'd be like WTF? It's just not neccessary to say some things if you are not a part of the culture.
    Secondly, they pronounce it with an "a" not "er" which drastically changes the meaning.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This thread cracks me up because I saw so many of these phrases all the time and I will continue to do so. LOL! I love telling my best friend that I miss her face and we always say "epic fail" about stuff and #winning. Love our Charlie Sheen
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of some of these.

Not necessarily spoken but sometimes written and on my loathe-list:
    * "FML" -- No, what you need to do is quit your fu-ckin' moaning.
    * "Irregardless" -- If anyone speaks or writes this word during any interaction with me, automatically labelled an idiot.
    * Text Speak.
    * DH, DD, DS, DWTF. I have never prefaced any reference to any of my family members with "dear". Ever. "*kitten*" perhaps, never "dear".

*shakes her cane toward her lawn* Get the f' off, kids.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    dude! right from page one I decided I'm one of those kinda annoying urban kids lol! oh well! I'm chill as it gets & I'm everyone's boo!

I have 4 younger brothers who think I'm a down *kitten* chick and love to tell ppl how raw I am! and they're proud that I'm beast at everything I do. :-)

2 of my bros r out of state, I love to tell them 'I miss ur face'.

they are always referred to as bro, broseph, or broham. lol

everything is epic, I know, right! but I don't say so unless I'm at the theater. or playing farkle.

when the phone rings and its my ex husband "baby daddy" pops up on the caller id.

my youngest bro always says ".... like t*ts" or "b@ll$" that is highly annoying because its not funny, its obscene. he also says redonkulous... which is effin ridiculous ! just makes him sound like a dip$***. that & 'brah' ur not in Australia so quit. lol

I hate the whole mfp journey bit... saw a few of u mention that one... must agree.

I lived in lower Alabama for 9 yrs, so "I'm fixing to" or "fiddin too" come out of my mouth unnoticed. :-/ this also changed pop to soda, of which I have no preference.

the fact that I referr to myself as 'dawg' prolly give me away ;-) my friends are also my dawgs or my homies.

my fave overused terms are rockin! rock on! right on. cool. right. ......lol but I do not say omg... but I type it :-) and my most overused unnecessary word is f***. guess It kinda makes me an *kitten*. but a funny one :-)

I find this thread highly amusing because for everyone on here who has something g to hate... just remember that u do things that bug others too :-) and we all use slang somewhere in our vocabulary. much love

peace out
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Baby Daddy, I hate hate hate that term!

Daisy_Mae - I agree 100% drives me nuts!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    You all obviously don't understand the concept of an urban phrase.
  • valeriebpdx
    Options

The thread morphed into "expressions we hate" over 15 pages. Get over yaself.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options

"Get over yaself." What a dumb expression.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Annnnnnnnnnnnd....there goes the thread. :laugh:
  • valeriebpdx
    Options

"Get over yaself." What a dumb expression.

See, now you're getting the hang of it!
  • fergalizcious
    Options
    This phrase is mocking Charlie Sheen when he said that he was "winning" after reports of his drug and alcohol abuse getting way out of hand.
  • brittanydittman
    Options
    "I haven't seen you in a minute!" No sh**. I only see you like twice a year.... I dont get the logic in this phrase AT ALL!
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    BUMP........

I just hate that word.....

• AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    Shaking my head

-_-
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Shaking my head

-_-

Me too! I hate that. Automatically makes me think you're dumb.

For me, I grew up in Norcal where we invented the term "hella." Only after I left did I realize how annoying it is.