janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kim and Katla - thanks ladies for your kind words. <3

Janetr okc
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Janetr you look wonderful and happy!

Miriam and girls - I am so sorry about the kitty - you all did what you could and it was a miracle that it survived at all o:)

Sounds like almost everyone had an enjoyable weekend. Boys were outside having water fights (oh excuse me Water Wars) in our 90 something weather.

Joyce - Charlie wanted something more exciting? Pray tell what would that be? Is he back to his tomato juice?

Until tomorrow love & hugs

GLORIA in WA

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You girls make me smile and laugh so!!!! That's why i love you so much. All the talk of playing in the water, swimming, bouncing babies; water fights, dogs jumping into water over and over again. I just love it.

Michelle came over today and completely did our yard. She was babysitting a BIG lab today so he and her other dogs came over while she mowed, trimmed and weeded. They are used to her mowing in her postage stamp size yard but they didn't mind at all with our larger yard. Willis is the one she is babysitting. He weighs over 100 lbs and is BIG. The poor guy, Michelle's big guy is a full blooded boxer, the sweetest thing. I guess Willis got tired of no female around so he is just humping the dickens out of Justice. Not going to get anything out of humping another male dog. Justice let him know he didn't like it. She has had a small lab mix/heinz 57 for about 12 years now and bless his heart, she has to pick him up to get him out of the car and put him on the ground. He has arthritis so bad. But she said as long as he is with his 'brothers' he is happy. He is just a lot slower. So she is content to have him on his arthritis medicine and let him have his fun while he can. Her other dog is another mix but looks like a wolf to me. She just shaved him and he looks so funny.

Well Charlie and I changed his bag for the first time. I hope I got the hole cut in the bag big enough. I would hate to have it to small and stool get on his skin. He is going to have to learn but for him to do it he has to stand up to do it. But his butt still hurts to much. And will he take his pain medicine???? A big fat no. He took them the night he came home. Just like when he had his carpal tunnel surgery he took them as soon as he got home.

Janetr, you sure look happy in your pic. I love the peek-a-boo sleeves.

Gloria, Charlie just doesn't see vegetable soup as exciting. It was good and hardy, added some fruit on the side so he got a good meal. As usual, it didn't have enough salt in it but that's the way we were both brought up, me with less salt and him with more. So the salt shaker is always available to him. And no, he is not back to the tomato juice. He did have a nice mug of hot chocolate the other day and enjoyed it. He is glad that it didn't give him a laxative effect which was what he used it for before. Now he can jsut enjoy it. I am getting him to drink water with me now.

Joyce, Indiana
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Gloria and Joyce - Thank you ladies, and sweet that you both mention I look happy. I've told the story before, but Jack is my 3rd husband (Pip has me beat lol) and he absolutely is the best man I could ever ask for. He spoils me rotten, loves me like I have always wanted to be loved and tells me several times a day that he does. After 9 years it just gets better. And now he calls me "skinny minnie". Of course I'm not, and will never be, and I always say to him no I'm not skinny but thanks for saying so lol

Janetr OKC
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the ER. Vomiting for 20 hours straight, but the acid bubbling up is what got me here. Either got a piece of food stuck, or have a stricture. Don't feel bad, but the acid wakes me up after a half hour, with or without any food or water in my stomach, and doesn't matter what position I'm in, just burns all the way up my throat. Can't hold anything down to make it stop. Starting to dehydrate, as well. Mostly, just tired.
  • lhannon062709
    Options
    IV in, zofran for the nausea, regulin for the acid, lab tests in progress, warm blanket over me (always nice to ER nurses, no matter how horrible I feel). Hope this resolves...
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Becca Thanks for the new thread. Trying to get caught up again. :smiley: You girls are so busy! Love all the photos!
    Nice to see all the Newbies!

June 2016 Goals

Start weight: 220lbs (Spring 2014)
    Current weight: 153 (5 June) Lost 5lbs in May, but on a 3 week plateau at the moment.
    Goal weight: 150 (for 30/06)
    Weight lost this month: 0

Daily goals:
    :star: Pre-log/follow through/under 1400 5/5
    :star: balance carbs/protein/fat. 5/5
    :star: 8+ cups liquids. 5/5
    :star: 150+ minutes each exercise 5/5
    :star: 10000+ steps. 5/5
    :star: Finish eating at 8pm 24/30 days. 5/24
    :star: Finish eating at 9pm 6/30 days of my choice. 0/6
    :star: Post daily goals/progress - Just for Today. 5/5
    :star: Post progress - No Late Night Snacking. 5/5
    :star: Complete Hogwarts/GoTs/ Biggest Loser/12 week weight loss challenges. 5/5

:heart: My heart goes out to all those who are ill, bereaved, or dealing with crises! :heart:
    :heart: (((Prayers))) and (((Hugs))) :heart:

80464089.png

:star::) Don't worry! Be Happy! :):star:

buccl23fczit.gif

Irish Terri
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbie so happy you had such a good time on your line dancing adventure!

Joyce love the pic you can't hide happy and healthy. I think skinny Minnie is appropriate

Lisa get well quick. Hope this resolved quickly and you feel relief. You really work so hard.

Becca you are a remarkable person. Glad that you had such a great time with your son. It is such a blessing to count your bleasings o:)

Asking for strength from all of you ladies as I head to a lawyer before I am called as a witness in a work colleagues misconduct investigation. I am so scared about having to witness. Trying not to "borrow trouble" as my mom would say but it is hard not to see how my telling the truth will get her fired. Trying to remember that I didn't do this. I am not guilty of anything but I am being compelled and I can't help thinking I am marking the end of something. Karen from NY

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Miram~ so sorry to hear about baby kitty. just heartbreaking,,,
    Janet~ you look stunning!!!
    Barbie~ glad you had a great time..
    Becca~ glad you had a great weekend
    klanders~ best wishes and the truth will set you free...
    Yesterday we had Taliah for the afternoon.I went shopping early morning and brought it home and put it away.. made a few things and just was busy until around noon time..then went and picked her up
    this poor child gets bored easy if not plugged into electronics and I am sorry to say it was pouring outside and we let her watch t.v. and color.. I was instructed to not give her any candy sweets etc.... she had a bluberry muffin with milk, some baby carrots and mac and cheese, so she did ok..
    Mary(the troll) her dad passed away last thursday and the manager is on her second divorce which is final today so she will be in court this morning so I have to go in for 7:30 this morning..
  • lhannon062709
    Options
    X-rays inconclusive, diagnosis "acute gastritis." However, one of the meds they gave me seems to have relaxed the passage, so am absorbing a cup of coffee. They've also given me the twitches, I feel wired to the walls. Back at the warehouse, but sleep's impossible, so will see what work I can get done.

Miriam, I'm sorry about the kitten.

Regards,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • sarahjsmythe1
    sarahjsmythe1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I think I've cracked the calorie counting and the lbs are coming off slowly. I now need to move on to some serious exercising. I have a Garmin and count steps but I think I need something else. I don't like gyms full of muscle bulging men and twenty something skinny women, I find it intimidating. Does anyone use any online training programmes they could recommend?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    JanetR Adorable
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ What a lovely lady you are! Your skin is glowing and your smile so happy.

Lisa ~ Hope you feel better today! Acid reflux is horrible and I feel for you.

Becca ~ We are all hoping for news that will set your DH at ease.

Barbie ~ So glad you enjoyed your weekend of dancing.

Quiet day yesterday with a gentle rain all day. Today I need to do some housework!

Carol
  • mavisjones58
    mavisjones58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on track starting now. My 87 yo mother came to live with me in November, which I'm enjoying but it also affected me taking care of me. Throw in work schedules changes and well, you get the picture.... (weight gain, A1C numbers ticked up, etc.)

As of last week, I'm back to more normal work hours, so starting today I'm recommitting to taking care of myself. Heading back to Zumba tomorrow and planning to start back walking today or at least dig out my Walk Away the Pounds DVD. Back to healthy eating began at breakfast (protein smoothie).
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Barbie, it sounds like so much fun. How many people were there? Is is just ladies?

Janetr okc

There were 87 people registered for the workshop--primarily women but about a dozen men---dancers ranging from absolute beginner to extremely advanced and experienced....the dances taught ranged from beginner to high intermediate--open dancing was based on requests from the attendees so there was something for everyone--three of the dances that were taught in the workshop were choreographed by dancers who attended. This is my eighth year to go to the workshop.

• bonnie824
    bonnie824 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One week and one more day or "school" and then summer off. We are going to Wisconsin the first week in July for my husband's dad's memorial (he actually passed in early January in Arizona, their winter place.) I would love to go a few pounds lighter.
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Lisa : Hope you feel better soon and they find out what's causing the issue.

Carey - Northern Alberta
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Oh, Lisa, so sorry to hear. That sounds miserable. Hope you get the issue resolved. Take if easy for a couple of days.

Janetr okc