WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Hi becca...I heard the wether man and am at the coast as well. It is gorgeous here. We are in our motorhome and my husband and dogs are still sleeping. So having some green tea and waiting for everyone to get up so we can all eat breakfast together. Already have my green smoothie made and ready to watch the waves and enjoy!
    Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
    Robin....also from oregon.

Looking out my window....where are you!!!! hahaha... I am up by Astoria in a wee little town called Hammond, you?
    Becca

wait, I see you are from Grants Pass... Hello fellow Oregonian!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    i'm in washington!!! kinda close to oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    How come many of the Washingtonians come down here and drive 30 mph on my 45 mph roads...... *sighes and breathes*. (big grin)
    rant is o'er.
    Becca
    Lover of all Washingtonians that do the speed limit in
    Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    The wild turkey came back for a stroll in the pecandijl4t44y8u9.jpg
    orchard.
  • Annr
    Options
    Janetr~oooh its a slim thing! Looking for bugs or insects....So different from the huge ones I have seen on the TV (in turkey farms...kind of sad).
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
    inner - that's because they don't know how to drive. i on the other hand would scare the crap out of you, i'm a california native, i'm one of those scary fast drivers you read about (that's when i do drive)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Love the wild turkey!
  • Designer20698
    Designer20698 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I'm fairly new so posting but thought this thread might be the one for me. 50+. I've set out a few goals for June as well.

Getting to the gym at least 5 times a week
    No drive through food at all...ever
    Track every day
    Plan my meals for the week and only shop for what's on the list

Bridget in Ks
    down 25, 13 to go!
  • Annr
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    inner - that's because they don't know how to drive. i on the other hand would scare the crap out of you, i'm a california native, i'm one of those scary fast drivers you read about (that's when i do drive)

Ahhhh true. I used to tell people when we lived in California that I was a displaced Oregonian. Then when we moved back to our home state I said I was a displaced Californian.....but I have learned to re-embrace the green of life. The last time we visited Northern California my "gold mountains of yellow (dead) grasses looked sad to me. I am changing my views, and don't freak when it rains, or is gloomy. I used to feel claustrophobic when I couldn't see the sky. Silly eh? California drivers are why I never learned to drive down there. I didn't want to Play the Game of it all....scary, with moments of dread. You would scare the crap outta me sister!!! I would be practicing my High C of opera when in an auto with ya!!!

Becca
    Scared singer of high C's with my Pip in
    Oregon
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    NSV- Since June 1, I have put 24 miles on my bike and walked 14 miles! Another bonus, my backside has gotten used to the bike seat! Another bonus, I made it up 184 stairs, from the beach to the top of the dune with out stopping! Whoot! I didn't even throw up at the top! >:)
  • Annr
    Options
    Boooyah!!!! Congrats KJLaMore!!! You got this healthy living down friend!!!!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Had a 3 mile walk in the heat (extra calorie burn?) with my bff. Good to talk about problems I have at length with someone as insightful as she is. I will be called into HR as part of the investigation into a colleague's misconduct this week. I will need all strength and positive energy from all corners to get through this. Don't know which day next week but it will be sooner rather than later. Karen from NY
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Janetr~oooh its a slim thing! Looking for bugs or insects....So different from the huge ones I have seen on the TV (in turkey farms...kind of sad).
    Becca
    Oregon

Actually she is pretty large, but female so smaller than a Tom. :)

Janetr okc
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    KJ ~ What a wonderful NSV! :)
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 - Looks like a Hen or possibly a young Jake. My DOS is a 'big' deer hunter; he will tell you every single second and detail of how his hunt went. This year, not a single gobble around. Was that way for the 2-week season; since then has heard one (Gobbler) every day. They are 'stupid' bird; but, their eyesight is extremely good; you better be prepared to shoot when they come into your range; or else you will 'spook' them even if you raise a camo taped gun. My great-uncle used to raise the 'white' domesticated turkeys; when it rained he had to go out and pen them up in the coop; otherwise they would hold their mouths open and drown in the rain. I'd go out there with him; but, it was a 'messy' job.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Just had a row with DH because I complained about the crème caramel. wasn't caramelled enough. He walked out. I didn't even eat it. ;):# It was his.
    I like complaining, he doesn't.
    Don't know where he is now. I am typing on the library computer.
    grrrrrrrrr.
    will probably go to the evening entertainment.
    Otherwise all good. Haven't seen anyone we want to talk to yet. All old people.
    love Heather uk xxx
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Only a sprinkling today so it looks like we might be in for a bit of dry for a few days. No sun but hey, no massive rain is an improvement.

Everyone has all these lovely pictures of their dogs. I had two dogs. One was such a sweet and bright dog. Half American Eskimo half Border Collie. Smart as a whip. She lived to be 19. The other was a mutt that nobody ever figured out his breed/mix. Most vets said a mix that definitely had some Chow in it but I don't know. He lived to be 16, died about 6 months after the other one of a broken heart I'm sure. No dogs since then. To be honest I'm a cat person. I like cats. Got one indoor cat and two outdoor "earn your keep" cats. I probably won't get a dog again unless my husband were to die and I wanted some protection, although my indoor cat is quite the watch cat. Anyone even drives into the driveway and she is up and growling at the door. I always know when someone is around with her.

My shoulder is killing me. I think it's a bone spur (had one on the other shoulder) but I'm not headed to the Dr. until after my trip. Headed out for a dive trip in a week. Going swimmin' with the sharkies.
    animated-shark-image-0058.gif
    Marcelyn in Houston
  • audiogal
    audiogal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP & am looking for motivation & lots of encouragement. Not sure how all this works. Not very tech savvy.....I have lots of weight to lose & health issues that I would love to be helped with weight loss. Lots of stress at work & no support at home. Dealing with depression as well. Any thoughts?