What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    walkjem wrote: »
    MrsDogLady wrote: »
    I'm 56 and for the first time in two years my period came back! I've lost 23 pounds - has anyone else experienced this? Got the pre-game cramps and everything. Sorry for the TMI guys.
    I'm 56 and for the first time in two years my period came back! I've lost 23 pounds - has anyone else experienced this? Got the pre-game cramps and everything. Sorry for the TMI guys.

I've finally gotten back to somewhat "normal" periods after almost 5 years of struggling. I never thought I would actually be excited to get a period!

Are you also in your 50's? The average age of menopause is 52. It is defined as going 12 months without any bleeding. If a woman then spots or has a period, she needs to be seen by a doctor. It could be normal and due to hormonal changes, but it could also be a sign of cancer.

No, I'm actually 39 and I had a non-stop period for about 18 months. Doctors couldn't figure it out and birth control didn't work (we tried many). They wanted to do a hysterectomy but I refused, given my age. I also knew that our bodies are miraculous and can fix themselves when they're treated right. That's when I changed my lifestyle completely. I'm living proof that we can get our health back under control.
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member

Regardless of weight loss, any post-menopausal bleeding, whether a suspected period or just spotting, needs to be checked out. Please make an appointment with your doctor.

I do!
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member

I've finally gotten back to somewhat "normal" periods after almost 5 years of struggling. I never thought I would actually be excited to get a period!

I know what you mean - I thought menopause was taking over and it's sad to know I may have been too overweight for my body to behave normally.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    laur357 wrote: »
    Alidecker wrote: »

I felt the same way for a long time, I ended up taking a good friend of mine that is into fashion shopping with me. I went to the dressing room and one store and she just kept bringing me stuff to try on. She was way honest with me on what looked good, which helped. It also helped that she brought me stuff to try on that I would have looked right past in the store. It taught me to try on things even when I don't think they will look good on me or were out of my old comfort zone.

That's not a bad idea. I need to find a willing friend who actually likes to shop!

I'll go!!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited June 2016
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    Taylorgo90 wrote: »
    You can wear skirts!

Hmm, nobody told me that would be part of my weight loss journey.

I'm sure you look fantastic in your little schoolgirl uniform skirts!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!