The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Anyone of my nightshift peeps tried low carb dieting?

Not me. I <3 carbs. :grin:

Hell with "carbs". I'm gonna say it. SUGAR FTW!!!
  • belimawr
    edited June 2016
    Options
    (changed my mind) blah
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Man this has been a rough two weekends. Really looking forward to two days off starting Wednesday.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Man this has been a rough two weekends. Really looking forward to two days off starting Wednesday.

I have two days off starting tomorrow(Tuesday)!

Also, I just finished dealing with the IRS Monday(yesterday) and while I am grateful I don't owe THEM anything anymore, I am pained by the whole fact that for 2 years my now ex husband filed our taxes incorrectly and we ended up owing $4,000.

I want to kick his *kitten*.

BUT after I finish paying off the car and get him off the title to it(1 year) I can wash my hands of him and move on with my life. YAY!
  • belimawr
    Options
    I just came off of two days off. Not enough for sure.

Hope i never have to deal with the IRS. Not scared just don't want the headache.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I found they were pretty easy to work with. Generally, if you're not trying to get away with something, they are pretty easy to work with. You may still owe, but making arrangements were pretty simple and quick to take care of.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I found they were pretty easy to work with. Generally, if you're not trying to get away with something, they are pretty easy to work with. You may still owe, but making arrangements were pretty simple and quick to take care of.

This!
    If you are upfront about everything they are SUPER cooperative and after they robotically state their name and ID number, they are very friendly ESPECIALLY if you are friendly to them first.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Amen. Sorry your ex shanked you like that. It really bites when an ex pulls something that leaves you hanging with your buttocks out the window. Glad you came through it in good shape. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Agreed, people do come in all fired up instead of remembering they are people and simply doing their job. Glad you got everything straightened out @lilaclovebird! I had a credit card with my ex and paid it off ASAP.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I had a joint checking account with an ex once, when we broke up he still used it, but my name couldn't be taken off of it. I asked him to close it, he gave excuses. Eventually, I went and closed it myself. I gave the $ to his roommate to give to him, and she promptly used some of it to buy herself lunch. I'm sure that ended well.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Karma is wonderful when you catch it in action lol
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    And working OT.

Why do I do this to myself?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    And working OT.

You'll remember come payday.
  • BodyByBex
    edited June 2016
    Options
    And working OT.

You'll remember come payday.

Indeed. I kind of screwed myself out of overtime by just having my supervisor switch my days off. Why someone else needs two whole days for ONE doctor appointment is beyond me, but we(my supervisor and I) made it work without using ANY overtime.... :disappointed:

ETA: It's okay though, I'm CERTAIN there will be other OT opportunities.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I don't get overtime so we always just try to get coverage. It just won't do to have the ER with no vet. :frowning:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not looking forward to this weekend. I even get 8 hours off but I'm still not looking forward to it.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    3 minutes until I get to eat my yogurt...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    3 minutes until I get to eat my yogurt...

I just finished mine!