This is how the threads are going right now if anyone is wondering:

"HELP! CICO isn't working! I'm not losing weight!"

"Are you using a food scale?"

"No...."

*Facepalm*

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    3 minutes until I get to eat my yogurt...

I just finished mine!

DIET TWINSIES!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    3 minutes until I get to eat my yogurt...

I just finished mine!

DIET TWINSIES!

lol yep! Greek yogurt is one of my go-tos.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I will remember come payday, truth. I'm working OT again tonight.

I already had my yogurt lol. Before I had dinner :smirk: I love being an adult
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I have a dog coming in from 1.5 hours away. Glad they gave me a heads up so I can plan which movie to watch before they get here. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have a dog coming in from 1.5 hours away. Glad they gave me a heads up so I can plan which movie to watch before they get here. :smile:
    So what did you pick?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Meet the Robinsons. I love the T-Rex in that movie. :smile:
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I've started keeping downloaded movies on an external hard drive and bringing it back and forth to work with me...because we're soooooo busy right now. :)

current selections for this week:

Music documentaries - "Nothing Can Hurt Me" (the Big Star story, from 2012), "Muscle Shoals", "Sound City", and a BBC documentary called "When Albums Ruled the World".

Also, the Cameron Crowe trilogy of "Almost Famous", "Elizabethtown" and "Jerry Maguire"..."High Fidelity", "The Apartment", "The Truth about Cats and Dogs"....

...that should get me through the week. hopefully.
  • bethanie0825
    Options

Me too :heart:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm back in the hot seat again. Protecting peeps from kids walking on their yards and barking dogs.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm back in the hot seat again. Protecting peeps from kids walking on their yards and barking dogs.

I'm putting the barking dogs back together after the neighbor shoots them. So far so good. Glad it was a pellet gun.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think Emperors New Groove is on deck for tonight. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I think Emperors New Groove is on deck for tonight. :smile:

LOVE THAT MOVIE!!
  • bethanie0825
    Options

I'm putting the barking dogs back together after the neighbor shoots them. So far so good. Glad it was a pellet gun.

Okay, I'd much rather send an officer out than to have a dog shot for BS and no fault of their own. People suck.

I've actually never seen Emperors New Groove. We've got lots of crime shows going on lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You really need to see "Emporers New Groove". :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Okay, I'd much rather send an officer out than to have a dog shot for BS and no fault of their own. People suck.

I've actually never seen Emperors New Groove. We've got lots of crime shows going on lol

To bolded: I agree

Case in point: Orlando.

*sigh*

Humans can be just awful.

Humans can also be amazingly awesome, though. If only we did the amazing stuff more often.
  • bethanie0825
    Options

To bolded: I agree

Case in point: Orlando.

*sigh*

Humans can be just awful.

Humans can also be amazingly awesome, though. If only we did the amazing stuff more often.

I wish we did more amazing things too.

The worst meme I've seen is about first responders being on scene and hearing all the cell phones ringing that would never be answered :cry: So horrific.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    People do amazing things all the time! That doesn't sell press though. We have so many people around here doing fund raisers to help disabled and disadvantaged children. We have people donating time to help autistic kids learn to ski. Big Mountain ski resort donates a large number of ski passes every year so that instructors and autistic students can ski without worrying about how to pay for it. The bike shops around here take in bikes and fix them up and then donate them to schools and battered wives/children's homes. The community raises money every year to help maintain the parks and museums that the federal government keeps defunding. We have high school kids around here that will go take care of a senior citizen's lawn when they know that person is in the hospital. There are amazing things going on every day, all around us. There are terrible, awful things like Orlando. They happen every day and they sell papers and news time. I wish I could give some measure of comfort to the families of those who lost loved ones. However, you can't. I've lost loved ones over stupid things and nothing will bring them back. It will hurt for a VERY VERY long time. However, a quick check in the community and there are some amazing people all around us. I love this place where I live! There are some truly wonderful people. :smile:
  • xxsarahapril
    xxsarahapril Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hey guys i work nightshift too! haha just about to go to bed before night 2 of 3. nice and little hahah how do you guys log you food? cause i feel so weird putting normal food in the breakfast spot. also anyone have trouble losing weight cause of the hours they work?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    hey guys i work nightshift too! haha just about to go to bed before night 2 of 3. nice and little hahah how do you guys log you food? cause i feel so weird putting normal food in the breakfast spot. also anyone have trouble losing weight cause of the hours they work?

@xxsarahapril How many of us log food has been mentioned a few times throughout the thread, but here is a simple explanation in picture format:

2r2bruu4jd2e.jpg

You can change your meal names and the number of meals to be like this in your settings.

I am actually having more of a problem maintaining and NOT losing weight right now(I'm trying to maintain for my dress for my sister's wedding), but I have had no problem weighing and logging my food. Therefore, I've had no serious issues losing weight due to the hours I work.
    What time you eat doesn't really matter for weight loss. Your body doesn't really run on a 24-hour clock or anything, it doesn't 'know time', but it is easier for me to maintain a deficit this way.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    People do amazing things all the time! That doesn't sell press though. We have so many people around here doing fund raisers to help disabled and disadvantaged children. We have people donating time to help autistic kids learn to ski. Big Mountain ski resort donates a large number of ski passes every year so that instructors and autistic students can ski without worrying about how to pay for it. The bike shops around here take in bikes and fix them up and then donate them to schools and battered wives/children's homes. The community raises money every year to help maintain the parks and museums that the federal government keeps defunding. We have high school kids around here that will go take care of a senior citizen's lawn when they know that person is in the hospital. There are amazing things going on every day, all around us. There are terrible, awful things like Orlando. They happen every day and they sell papers and news time. I wish I could give some measure of comfort to the families of those who lost loved ones. However, you can't. I've lost loved ones over stupid things and nothing will bring them back. It will hurt for a VERY VERY long time. However, a quick check in the community and there are some amazing people all around us. I love this place where I live! There are some truly wonderful people. :smile:

This is frustrating.

However, Huffington Post has an entire "Good News" section!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/good-news/

Win! :sunglasses: