The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• xxsarahapril
    xxsarahapril Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ugh I had a pretty up and down week at work. I'm currently working at 2 stores and both the bosses love me hahah and I ended up getting another manager in trouble for not doing his job right. That's 2 managers in 2 weeks now. If only they'd fire them. But that store is so quite all I ended up doing is thinking and it drains me so much I hate it
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hate a slow shift when I'm now allowed to bring anything to keep myself entertained! I'm so glad I can bring just about whatever I want at my job.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Lawn mowers. 'Nuff said.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Lawn mowers. 'Nuff said.

Dislike.
  • BodyByBex
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Went bra shopping on Wednesday and now I wish I hadn't.

I'm not 'deformed' or anything but I guess my size isn't very common. It's like, $75 MINIMUM for a bra in my size. I'm now restricted to certain brands and I kinda wanna cry about it(not that it will help anything).
    However, I at least have a strapless bra for the maid of honor dress I have to wear for my sister's wedding in 12 days.
    And I have a new sports bra.
    I ordered some new bras online in my new size and I REALLY hope they fit me well because they're 'final sale' items and I didn't know that when I ordered. :grimace:

*deep breath* Everything is gonna be fine...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I pretty much lucked into some great sports bras the last time I ordered some on sale from Lane Bryant. I haven't been brave enough to try to find a strapless bra in years.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Lawn mowers. 'Nuff said.

Dislike.

Boo. Had one going across the street, then the farmer started tilling the field next to and behind our house. Luckily I'd gone to bed early and had plenty of sleep. I hope he doesn't do anymore tilling tomorrow.

I bought bras Saturday too. I went up a band size although I'm not certain I was measured correctly last time. I was bummed but damn the new bars fit way better. Way more comfy sitting here at work. As for strapless bras, I'm not that brave lmao. I had to wear a corset for the last strapless dress I wore.

Now for a fitbit question: I'm part of a group of 911 dispatchers on FB who are working to get healthier. They post step counts of over 17000/day bc they walk in place at their consoles. I stand for several hours a shift and occasionally walk around my center. I know walking in place is moving and sitting for 12 hours a shift = death lol. But would it be worth it? Do you think it'd mess with the calorie burning since it's basically counting my arm swings and I'm not actually putting in the same effort I would be if walking?

Just curious what you guys think
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Lawn mowers. 'Nuff said.

Dislike.

Boo. Had one going across the street, then the farmer started tilling the field next to and behind our house. Luckily I'd gone to bed early and had plenty of sleep. I hope he doesn't do anymore tilling tomorrow.

I bought bras Saturday too. I went up a band size although I'm not certain I was measured correctly last time. I was bummed but damn the new bars fit way better. Way more comfy sitting here at work. As for strapless bras, I'm not that brave lmao. I had to wear a corset for the last strapless dress I wore.

Now for a fitbit question: I'm part of a group of 911 dispatchers on FB who are working to get healthier. They post step counts of over 17000/day bc they walk in place at their consoles. I stand for several hours a shift and occasionally walk around my center. I know walking in place is moving and sitting for 12 hours a shift = death lol. But would it be worth it? Do you think it'd mess with the calorie burning since it's basically counting my arm swings and I'm not actually putting in the same effort I would be if walking?

Just curious what you guys think

I walk in place at work and it's worth it. Fitbit and MFP are linked, Fitbit adjusts my calories, and I'm losing weight using my fitbit deficit.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Yeah mine are linked too and I have enabled negative adjustments so it keeps me honest. I walked a couple extra thousand steps in three hours walking at my console so that will def be part of my routine.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have a FitBit One and it doesn't log pacing in a short space for some reason. I think it's because I have a long strride, but I don't really know. But if yours does, then I say go for it, it'll get you more food!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @Jennifer_417 :lol::lol: yes!!!
  • BodyByBex
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Rant: If you've worked here for YEARS and I've been here for A YEAR then you should know FAR BETTER than I that certain buildings are NOT CONDUCIVE to radio traffic.
    You can't keep calling in and holding up dispatch when you can get NOTHING out and you can't here them trying to talk to you! Get OUTSIDE the building unless there is a serious emergency, then you pull the panic alarm.
    I mean FOR *kitten*'S SAKE! I can't listen to this all night!

ETA: I'm cranky and VERY tired.
    Thank goodness it's my Friday.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I am feeling SO stabby that I'm about to exhibit some of the behaviors of concern that we just had training about.... :rage:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm swing shifting now, noon to midnight. I got home an hour ago and finished dinner a few minutes ago.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Swing shift is tough in some ways, too. Like, for instance, if you wanna have a social life! (Not that any of us do, except @lilaclovebird ).
  • BodyByBex
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Swing shift is tough in some ways, too. Like, for instance, if you wanna have a social life! (Not that any of us do, except @lilaclovebird ).

I totally would love a social life sometimes. But I'm beginning to figure out that my idea of being 'social' is laying on a couch/bed with a friend and eating until we both fall into food comas.... *shrug*
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hey that sounds like a good time to me! And I really meant you're the only that actually has a social life!
  • bethanie0825
    edited July 2016
    Options
    What's this social life you speak of? lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I like @lilaclovebird 's idea!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Hey that sounds like a good time to me! And I really meant you're the only that actually has a social life!

Well, it take a lot of effort..

ONE WEEK UNTIL MY SISTER IS MARRIED!