The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    I'm not sure, but I like @lilaclovebird 's idea!

Me too!
    Hey that sounds like a good time to me! And I really meant you're the only that actually has a social life!

Well, it take a lot of effort..

ONE WEEK UNTIL MY SISTER IS MARRIED!

Woohoo!!!!! You're gonna rock that dress like a badass!!
  • bethanie0825
    My partner raved about Starbucks Chocolate Chip Cookies. Said they were amazeballs and I needed to try one.

I wasted 320 calories on it. All my walking calories today have gone twds it and it sucked. :neutral: I'm over anyways but I could've had something way yummier for that many calories and I wouldn't feel cheated.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    My partner raved about Starbucks Chocolate Chip Cookies. Said they were amazeballs and I needed to try one.

I wasted 320 calories on it. All my walking calories today have gone twds it and it sucked. :neutral: I'm over anyways but I could've had something way yummier for that many calories and I wouldn't feel cheated.

A waste of delicious points. I HATE that! :angry:
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    I'm late to the party, but hey!
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2016

Me too!
    Hey that sounds like a good time to me! And I really meant you're the only that actually has a social life!

Thanks! I'm certainly going to try(without outshining the bride of course)!

I was feeling excited about the wedding and then my mom got all up my butt about packing and can I get everything I need in a bag under 50 pounds and 'will I need this?' or 'will I need that?' *eyeroll*

So now I'm almost completely packed 2 full days ahead of schedule... :grumble:

I'll be making a double check list tonight to make sure I have absolutely everything, but I found it funny that I had already pre-packed things I don't normally use everyday like make-up, a certain face wash, lots of socks, and extra undies. So it took me less than 10 minutes to pack. I always travel super light too. :mrgreen:

But there's so much to do still before the wedding and I'm at the point of 'I just want the wedding to be over, so we can get to the party that I can't drink at, so my sister can go on her honeymoon, so I can hang out with my old friends.'

August 19th is when I will be drinking again, if anyone cares.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member

Man, that sucks! I'm picky about commercial bakery stuff...a lot of it just tastes like cheap bread to me. Blegh!
  • jennifer_417

Me too!

I was feeling excited about the wedding and then my mom got all up my butt about packing and can I get everything I need in a bag under 50 pounds and 'will I need this?' or 'will I need that?' *eyeroll*

I'll be making a double check list tonight to make sure I have absolutely everything, but I found it funny that I had already pre-packed things I don't normally use everyday like make-up, a certain face wash, lots of socks, and extra undies. So it took me less than 10 minutes to pack. I always travel super light too. :mrgreen:

But there's so much to do still before the wedding and I'm at the point of 'I just want the wedding to be over, so we can get to the party that I can't drink at, so my sister can go on her honeymoon, so I can hang out with my old friends.'

Haha, I'm sure you'll get through it and have a blast!

Btw, has anyone heard from @sufferlandrian ?
  • jennifer_417
    tmi_gang wrote: »
    I'm late to the party, but hey!

Ohai! *waves*
  • BodyByBex

Me too!

Haha, I'm sure you'll get through it and have a blast!

Btw, has anyone heard from @sufferlandrian ?

Vacation maybe?
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited July 2016

Man, that sucks! I'm picky about commercial bakery stuff...a lot of it just tastes like cheap bread to me. Blegh!

I had just commented to a coworker how I have never had anything from Starbucks. I think over the years I have become so disappointed by big chains and mass production I refuse to eat anything but my own prepared food, and if out, from a small-ish eatery. They try at least to make good food.

The only exception being Cheeburger Cheeburger. Good stuff, but well, obviously calorie heavy. :wink:

I've gotten the same way as far as calories go, since I started weight loss. A clorie has to be worth it, and hate wasting them. No point in being unhappy about it.

I agree with the bakery stuff tasting cheap. Again, it's the mass production, low quality ingredients, only to make a profit way of things.

I hate to say it, of late I have been displeased with even the smaller bakeries. Even when losing I always made an effort every Sunday to buy lobster tail pastries at the Italian bakery a few blocks away. Then they started getting a bad attitude, not having anything ready when they opened (I mean, really, why open if you have nothing to sell???), and the quality went downhill. I miss my lobster tails, but not willing to buy them if they're subpar. The next nearest bakery is twenty five minutes away. I do without. :neutral:
  • bethanie0825
    @belimawr the only thing I like from Starbucks is a skinny chai tea latte. We had an amazing bakery in town but they closed last fall for family reasons. :disappointed: The tres leches was the bomb but I guess I don't need the calories anyways.
  • jennifer_417
    It's been storming here all week, which I love anyway, but the added bonus? NO LAWN MOWERS!
  • xxsarahapril
    xxsarahapril Posts: 17 Member
    Went bra shopping on Wednesday and now I wish I hadn't.

I'm not 'deformed' or anything but I guess my size isn't very common. It's like, $75 MINIMUM for a bra in my size. I'm now restricted to certain brands and I kinda wanna cry about it(not that it will help anything).
    However, I at least have a strapless bra for the maid of honor dress I have to wear for my sister's wedding in 12 days.
    And I have a new sports bra.
    I ordered some new bras online in my new size and I REALLY hope they fit me well because they're 'final sale' items and I didn't know that when I ordered. :grimace:

*deep breath* Everything is gonna be fine...

babe i know how you feel Ive been in granny bras and bra fittings since i got boobs. my family likes to joke that i went from trainning bras to double Ds over night! and my boobs were always changing size too! but about a year ago they stopped so i slowly brought a heap of bras. granny bras but theyre not as bad as some ive been in but now my boobs are starting to grow again so im starting to poke out the top :( and ive never been able to find a sports bra that fits
  • xxsarahapril
    xxsarahapril Posts: 17 Member
    god ive been so busy since friday and my shifts have been so all over the place that last night when i got home from my first aid course for work i had dinner and passed out for 12hours!! today ive been chilling round the house and went to the gym now im about to sleep before my shift tonight which has got me thinking. how does everyone sleep with the hours they work? i finish at 6 or 7am and when i get home ill be asleep by 9 and sleep till 2 then go to sleep at 5 again till i have to leave. yet my friend how does the same shift as me will just have one sleep
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    It's been storming here all week, which I love anyway, but the added bonus? NO LAWN MOWERS!

something innately soothing about waking up, hearing rain beating against your window, and rolling over and going back to sleep... :)

• bethanie0825

Yesssss!!!!!
  • beskytter
    beskytter Posts: 87 Member
    Working 9 to 5. What a way to make a livin - Dolly Parton. (Cop here hates mids).
  • jennifer_417
    hamptontom wrote: »

something innately soothing about waking up, hearing rain beating against your window, and rolling over and going back to sleep... :)

Exactly
  • tmi_gang
    Am I too late?
    Heh. Heh. Heh.
  • tmi_gang
    I brought booze and brownies....