WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Beth- Happy Birthday! Have a great day celebrating! Congratulations on your amazing streak with MFP! You are very inspirational.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Beth! We will be celebrating you birthday this evening with fireworks because you are so special.

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

I took advantage of the day off so I walked the dog for 20 minutes, poor fellow is getting old and can't do much more, used the elliptical for 22 minutes and then did a 20 minute kettle bell routine. It feels good to have the exercise behind me. I slipped and fell down a few stairs last night and fortunately only sustained a bruise on my back, it didn't hamper my activity. I have 2 cookouts to attend today and will enjoy the company of my friends.

Chris in MA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Pip, I'm so sorry Kirby's brother is so unfeeling. Some people just don't get it.

My DH and his brothers are not close. We have been married 41 years and I've met the middle brother exactly once - at their mother's funeral. I am "friends" with his wife on Facebook, so she and I make a half-hearted effort to keep in touch. He and his oldest brother do talk, but only when they have business to discuss. His brother had cancer surgery and we only found out a few months after the fact when Dave called him to check in. It doesn't seem to bother Dave, but it bothers me. I can't imagine.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I hope you enjoyed lunch with your friend. :smiley:

Beth: Happy 54th Birthday! The whole country is having fireworks to celebrate your birthday. :heart: :star::heart: :star:

I had a brainstorm last night that worked out for all of us. The dog was freaking out due to firecracker noise despite wearing his Thundercoat and having had tranquilizers. I moved across the hall with him to the bedroom farthest away from the river where I stayed during the invasion of sea lions. It was enough quieter there that the dog and I both got some sleep. WIN!

Happy 4th of July! And to think that all of this started with a tax on tea, stiff necked Yankees who didn't want to pay, and a "tea party" in Boston.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Chris - great job on getting back into the swing of things! I hope your back doesn't give you issues. Have a fun day with your friends!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • melaniemetoyer
    melaniemetoyer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies.....what a morning it's been!!!! my brother convinced me to go workout with him at a place called "Orange Theory". And what a workout is was!!!!! It combined rowing machine, floor exercises, (burpee(?), pushups, (could not do) etc., weights I could do (8lbs), and walking the treadmill. You walk at a normal pace for x amount of time THEN increase the incline and walk that for x amount of time then back to your base, so on & so forth. Very intense, for me who is used to walking 1.5 -3.0 miles at a brisk pace. At the end of this workout, it was still only a little over a mile, but my heartrate was elevated, and sweat was RUNNING off of me like I'd just stepped out of the shower. I felt a little lightheaded and dizzy when we first finished, but that soon subsided, and I've apparently burned more calories than normal. Now that I've cooled down, I feel great! Probably won't be able to same that in the morning though ;) This seems like something I could do maybe1- 2 times a week. My brother lost 16lbs. in 2 week!
    Well, off to fire up the grill!!!Have a wonderful & safe holiday ladies!!!

~Melanie- Baton Rouge
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Hello from 30,000 ft..flying from Nashville to Atlanta and from there home...my aunt Shirley gave me a lozarapam and took 1/2 before take off...helped alot..we will get something to eat at the Atlanta airport,habe a 2 1/2 lay over...will catch up later...
    Happy Birthday Beth
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Gone for a couple of days just trying to keep up with all the posts. So much going on. Will try to catch up later today. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone and hope everyone had a great weekend.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Fanncy0626 – This cartoon reminds me of Cracker … we cannot buy her a stuffed toy; she pulls the stuffing out of it every time. Thankfully she has not eaten any; heard that it will swell up in her tummy if she does. Although she has a stuffed cow, she hasn’t torn it up (yet). Now, I bought her some more (canvas this time). One was an octopus; and she tore off one leg, I guess to just prove that she can do it.

ANYBODY – I can’t seem to copy a meal from another date. Up until yesterday, I was able to pull up a previous date that I have eaten from a previous date. I hit the button, and nothing happens. How do I delete a meal (such as coffee) from my list of food that I can 'check' and it will show up under my meals? How do I delete one that is a duplicate. Everything seems to be so slow today and going out and coming back in isn't helping any.

Lenora
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    happy birthday Beth!. Glad the day started with quiet reflection. I love days like that. Hope the rest of the day is as joyful as fireworks! insert amazing fireworks over a birthday cake emoji here!!

NYKAREN
  • jmmbrooks
    jmmbrooks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Any room for me here? I am so frustrated with my off again on again attempts at getting healthy. I have been a MFP user for a long time, and it does keep me accountable. I could really use some friends along the way. Thanks!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    jmmbrooks - Welcome! You signed up with this group just by posting. Let us know what you preferred to be call, family, hobbies, anything you are willing to post. You'll find this group very helpful and you can post anything you'd like to share; since there are no 'men' we chat like we're best of friends. If you have a question, just ask. If you are having trouble losing you will get suggestions or if you are losing or have a NSV (non-scale victory, such as going down a size in clothes or measurement, etc. If you can post a picture we can associate a name with a picture. You can 'post' pictures here; but, I am afraid I would not be the one to ask how to do it. That, I have not learned.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    t3361.gif Beth, Happy Birthday...the best gift you can give yourself is to not make the celebration about food and to commit to another year with all of us on this thread.

b0282.gif DJ, congrats of passing up the funnel cake...holidays do not need to be about the food

t9305.gif With Jake recovering from surgery, we won't be going anywhere for Independence Day celebrations or eating any holiday theme food, but we'll record The Boston Pops and A Capitol Fourth and watch them tomorrow.

b0253.gif Barbie
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lenora - The epicenter of Tiny House Nation is not far from where I live. When I made the move across country to a smaller home that I could keep up on my own in retirement, the downsizing was uber tough. Both my hubby (deceased) and my college aged daughter were packrats. I cried so many tears as I went through things and decided if it was needed (pack) or if it had to go. So far my only regret is parting with my compound miter saw. Now I have a place I can maintain and don't miss all the stuff that was sitting and collecting dust, except for my miter saw. Yes, I am a tool user! <3

I have toyed with the thought of a tiny house back up in the mountains as a summer retreat but haven't done anything about it.

Beth - Happy Happy Birthday!! Eat dessert first today, it's your day!
    ntgam2jkkcws.gif

Charleen in Colorado (dang, heat is back again)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Stat for the day:
    51.35min 10.19min mi 130ap 5mi = 468c
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I can’t seem to copy a meal from another date.

Me, either; I tried just last night. Harumpf.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Larisa - when I was taking classes, they talked about the FITT theory. As far as exercise, change up the frequency, intensity, time or type. I know that when I exercise for a day at a lower intensity, I usually wind up having a loss the next day. Same with the intensity. Try that.
    Michele in NC

That's funny, because with this new job, I just switched my strength training from full body 3x a week for 60 minutes, to daily, 40-minute splits. That may actually help, but take a bit to show up. It's barely been two weeks. :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    I can’t seem to copy a meal from another date.

Me, either; I tried just last night. Harumpf.

are you using your phone or a computer???it worked fine for me on my laptop