• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Drum roll please.... Today I actually tried 5# Dumbbells and did a series of exercises for my arms! Woo hoo, proud of me. I am making myself not spend the whole week worrying and working at my sisters place. I walked through wonderful food markets to plan a delightful party for my brother and sisters to just celebrate being together.
    I am an anxious person and being around my family brings it out even more and my OS is the most very-nervous.gif anxious person EVER so it is taking a lot out of me to hang out with her. Don't mean to sound like I am complaining, I offered the help and knew what it would mean but it is unbelievably challenging. I am saying this today and will try not to keep repeating this vent. On the plus side, I am not over eating in reaction and I am getting plenty of exercise. That is a monumentally different response to the family stressors.

Thanks for listening ladies! NYKAREN
  • kabwe777
    kabwe777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you Drkatiebug! I love how supportive everyone is. This is my first day of my 6,000th (so far in life) diet. Ha!
    Where is the gnat line?? Lol. Im a transplant.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Jan – I live in SW GA. Tell us more about yourself. Name you wish to be called; family; hobbies; children, etc. Have you just moved to GA? See that you are looking for a GP. I know Peach1948 (Carol) because she and my middle sister were HS classmate. Then we lived right square dab in the middle of the State of GA.

Peach1948 (Carol) – I had my hair cut short and layered; but, got extremely tired of only being able to fix it one way. Then I let it grow out – long enough to put it up (in a ponytail); then got it cut off about chin level and love it – so does DH.

Heather – I have a ‘lipstick’ plant which is out on our glassed-in porch … it does NOT like any sunshine; doesn’t like it’s “feet” wet. But, I don’t think it likes the heat that has been building up in the room because of triple digit figures in the weather lately; but, if had been outside ... it still would have gone limp. This Spring I put more soil on top of it; because it was getting a bit heavy on the ends and thin on top. It ‘looks’ like it is trying to perk up. I don’t think it would live long anywhere at this point. Coming inside will be too much of a shock to it. Just have to try to baby it for a while.

Becca – What drives me absolutely ‘wild’ is when they go in and ‘dig’ around; I tell them ahead of time there is a LOT of scar tissue on the right; and, the ones on the left ‘flatten and roll’. There are just a few people that can get it the first time and doesn’t kill me. The ‘head’ nurse in the phlebotomist section at my OB/GYN's office; and a phlebotomist at the ‘hospital’s out-patient clinic’. I laughingly said that I was feeding the Duke University Medical Hospital’s ‘vampire’ for a year back in 1974 because I got 5 tubes of blood taken out every week for a year. I get stuck every 6 weeks to 2 months, it seems. Got to check my cholesterol level because I cannot take any kind of cholesterol-lowering meds (allergic to them). Seems like the older I’ve gotten, the more ‘allergies to medications’ I have. I finally figured out that I am allergic to ‘latex’ the difficult way. Every time I got a ‘pelvic’ … I’d hurt like Hell for days; OB/GYN asked me if I was ‘allergic’ to it. Of course, I did not know, so he used a pair of ‘latex-free’ gloves and did not have the same problem. He could put one on and just touch me and I’d break out. That and my allergy to penicillin is on my ‘medic alert’ necklace … EMT told me the last time I had a ‘seizure’ that I really needed to get a wrist bracelet because that is where they look for a 'medic alert' when they find you; and, keep my ‘history and medication list’ in my purse with me. Both are extensive. It’s difficult to answer what I am taking or what I am allergic to when I am ‘out of it’ basically. DH keeps one in his truck; I keep another one in my car; and, one in my medication bag.

I asked the EMT how he ‘knew I had a seizure’; he pulled my necklace out and said, ‘this told me; and, what the lady said you were doing when you passed out’. OH!

Tracie – The ‘easiest’ way to answer the posts is to open a word processing program and put it side-by-side (if your computer will allow you to do this); and, answer then as you get to one you want to comment on. You can NOT go back a page unless you hit the “POST” button. If you do, you will lose anything you have typed. But, if you do use the word processing way, you'll need to copy and paste it into the MFP box. It will give you 1 hour to ‘edit’ or ‘remove’ it. In the upper right-hand portion of the block you are typing in. You’ll get the hang of it … anytime you have problems just post them and somebody will answer it. On the last day of the month Barbiecat posts a link to go to the next month’s postings. Make sure you ‘bookmark’ it by clicking on the outline of the star that will turn ‘yellow’. After that just hit the gray star between the bell and gear and you’ll get a dropdown list. Sometimes at the end of the month there is some overlap. I usually go read them first and then close and go back and hit the gray button again to get to the present month.

Annc3333 – I was about to tell you to increase your protein and lower your carbs; but, you have already figured that one out. I’m on a low caloric intake plan; and, I ‘exercise’ at least a couple of hours in the pool during the summer; I walk in the Spring and Fall for an hour each pretty day; and then grudgingly walk on the treadmill during the Winter on those days it is too cold to get ‘outside’. I get weighed every other weel and don’t get on my scales at home. Great NSV for your pants beginning to get looser. That is quite often far more important than the number on a scale. Increase your water intake. If you are not drinking 8 8-ounce glasses of water a day; try to increase it a little each week until you are. The more you exercise, the more protein you’ll need. If you are finding it difficult to lose with the caloric intake that MFP; then, I would check with him/her about how few calories you need to be taking in, in order to lose weight. It has a lot to do with your age and height. I've also heart that heated water (like for making coffee) is a 'hunger' stopper.

Glo – Start ‘drinking’ water any time you start feeling ‘hungry’. Drink a glass of water before your meals as well; this will probably ‘help’ with the ‘starving feelings’. I've also heard that if you heat it up, it seems to work even better.

Karen and Katla – I remember telling one of my MDs that I had been ‘gaining’ only a 1 or 1 ½ pounds a month … got an eye-opener when he remarked; well at that you are gaining 12 – 18 pounds a year; and you said you have been doing this easily for the past 5 years. No wonder I was about to top 200lbs and was miserable with it. I started on a MD-order medical weight loss program. It’s been expensive; but, worth every dime of it and I am not hungry. Losing about 2 pounds every week. I’m near my goal with trying to get my BMI down to ‘normal’ weight. I got all over my OB/GYN for ‘not remarking to me’ about my ‘weight loss’. When he told me that he had remarked to his nurse, Nancy, that I was looking good; I told him that I am the “Nancy” he should be telling that to. So, when I got ready to leave he told me ‘that I was looking good; and, he was very proud of me’.

A bit of 'sad' news. My DDnL#2's niece lost her baby on the 4th while they were all at her (niece's) grandmother's house. She was 7 months along and it was 'stillborn'. She only weighed about 2lbs. DDnL#2 said her little head was no larger than a tennis ball and she was perfectly formed. They had found out about 4 months ago that she had a 'fatal' disease; so they were expecting her to die shortly after being born as it was. I don't understand why a woman is put through carrying a dead fetus to term, guess I never will. If it were me, and I knew the baby was dead, I think I would fare better to have to go through a C-section; but, I am sure it has to do with 'hormones' when giving birth. She told my DDnL#2 that she was 'sort of glad that it was all over with'. So sad. My DDnL#2 said it was hard to give condolences when she, herself, is trying to get pregnant. After they get back from vacation I think she is going to go through the IVF procedure ... but, she won't be telling anybody about it. At least, not until she gets past a certain point. Then the other niece lost her little dog to the gators.

Lenora
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota~ Oh, when we had a yard and had to maintain it, I would borrow the push mower from my nice neighbors. Oofta! Now that was hard work!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Thoughts by Becca........ (insert annoying elevator music here)......

Universal laws dictate when you give nothing, you get nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take the focus off how losing weight is going to make you look. Put it on how losing weight can help you improve your life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The most important ingredient in food preparation is my mood!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you relinquish your evaluation process to another person or system you begin to lose yourself. When you lose yourself, you are not able to be fully present in your life, and the world around you is robbed of your unique gift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe its unbecoming everything that isn't you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    and finaly:

Losing weight isn't the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to losing weight.

no wait one more:

Healthy body me
    strong me
    easy to laugh me
    unquenchable spirit me
    adventurous me
    confident me
    life grabbing me
    happy me
    ME

by lots of amazing people not Becca, but I can't remember who the dang they were...
    Becca
    quote quota Momma in
    Oregon
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Skipping over a lot of posts until in the morning. So blessed today...DnL, her mother, and brother all came to the rental house and painted. We are just about finished! Yeah! Now for new carpet, new roof, and cleaning!

Going to see my mom on Thurs or Fri in the nursing home 70 miles down the interstate!

Carol
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    kabwe777 wrote: »
    Thank you Drkatiebug! I love how supportive everyone is. This is my first day of my 6,000th (so far in life) diet. Ha!
    Where is the gnat line?? Lol. Im a transplant.

The gnat line is an imaginary line separating North and South Georgia. Supposedly, gnats are much much worse in South Georgia. There is an actual geographic fall line separating the coastal region from the Piedmont region, which is what most folks really mean when they say gnat line.

Edited to add: and that, my pals, is your geography lesson for today.
  • kabwe777
    kabwe777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Grits: I'm a bit north of ATL. Been in GA since 2000' from NY. Single, no children. Just work al lot... I have a day job...and I'm a portrait artist. Pretty boring actually. Just decided I wanted to work on my weight. It's creeping up since turning 50.
  • Rororosie
    Rororosie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends, this is my second day so I'm not a newbie anymore lol lol

Jackie - welcome from this 2 day wonder. And welcome Jan too!

Becca - I'm glad you know your veins. I used to go to a place that gave $30 vitamin drips (they are like $100 or more everywhere else) but it was a training place for naturopathic doctors so I had some pathetic vein situations due to the training doctors being sooo bad with finding veins and mine are hard to find.... Thanks for the welcome and I <3 the quotes. Especially the elevator music that was a nice touch lol

Michelle - glad the tumor is benign and sorry that the hearing loss is sticking.

GLo - glad the hubbie's prostate cancer is slow growing

Larissa - sending you good vibes to get back in Onederland

Heather - <3'd hearing you are a writer

Joyce - hope the ostomy nurse gets tracked own.

Carol - yes we must see a pic of the haircut!!! That is the only way.

Lenora - sorry for DnL#niece's loss.... that is sad.

And thanks Tracie for the welcome too.

On mowing lawns, and condo living, I picked my condo partly for the fact there is NO LAWN care for me. The full extent of my lawn care is throwing my coffee out on the front patch of grass and letting my little doggie graze there, lol. Everything else is the HMO!!!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello Gorgeous Girls!

I was the model of organization today – a real change for me! I hit the dentist at 8 – did 20 minutes on the elliptical on my way home and was out the door toward the office at 9:40. I prepped the crockpot last night, so all I had to do was put the pot in the base and turn it on before I left… *whew* so dinner will be hot and ready when I get home. So, now, I just get to cruse on home and relax… ahhhh.

Cheri – 35 yrs – you got me beat… only 27 with my Honey.

Barbie – wow! You look fabulous too! You Ladies give me hope for a thinner future. Poor Brandy….Hope she heals up fast. You are so good about the exercise… and your dogs must be tired after walking for over three hours – Poor Sasha! Lol.

Margaret – much better pressure… and the flowers are gorgeous. I love Portulaca… I used to grow it in my garden when I lived in Oregon. I think it melts in the TX heat, though. :\

Katla – Yoga is good… Hope the City is doing something nice with that land.

KarenE – gratz on losing the plateau!

Mary – You mean you don’t want to wander around in December wearing a giant parka and snow boots? Sheesh. Enjoy every step. I will be cheering for you.

Lenora – Ah… I imagine you are correct about them not wanting to see you exercising – guilts them out. Of course, they COULD look at it as an inspiration… but, alas, they probably won’t. We all have to get to our own place where we decide to do something. You can’t make someone else take care of themselves. Can’t wait to see the photo of Cracker on her back… I hardly know what to say about your niece. I think I would be with her on being glad to have it over. Very sad.

Rosie – I hope the next weigh in is positive…or rather, negative. :]

Beth – Hi!! Hope you are having a great day!

Jackie – all you have to do is start by logging whatever you are eating. Be honest, use scales – get an idea of what you are putting into your body… Once you can SEE it, it won’t be as hard to make changes… and they don’t have to be huge ones. You don’t have to go from fast food heaven to steamed veggies and grilled chicken all in one day. The shock would make you miserable. Baby steps. One day at a time, like any other addiction. Good Luck!

Janet – enjoy your trip. I miss the mountains, too. Stay Strong, Sister. Step away from the refridgerator!

Pip – Rockin the Burn, Lady. Go, Go, Go. And pretend you are the Little Engine that Couldn’t for a day – can you even take a day off?

Linda/IA - *waves*

Joyce/IN – gratz on three days!! Whoot! I am sorry Charlie is bummed out – but you are right. It’s easy now to forget what it was like… and you will overcome the bag issue. ((HUGS!!))

Becca – good for you on giving blood… your sandwich after the visit sounds divine….Hope your visit with the recruiting chief goes well. Thanks for the great quotes. I am fond of “You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great!”

Michele – I LOVE the pool when it gets like a bathtub… lol. I have lived in TX for too long. I don’t like to be cold… and anything under 80% is COLD. I do hope the hearing loss is not something that will get worse… ((HUGS!!))

GLo – Take care of that man of yours. I will think good thoughts for a long remission on the epiglottis and slllllooooooow growth on the prostate cancer. He needs a break between treatments, for sure. Hope you enjoy the new pool.

Larisa – remember that muscle weighs three times what fat does… and you are clearly muscular… gotta love those curves. I would take your body in a heartbeat! You will break the Onderland barrier, eventually. Hope it’s soon.

Heather – Even if I weren’t spending ten hours a day commuting and working – I seriously doubt I would have the energy to get all your projects done! But good luck on the itchies – hope you can work them out of your system. EEEK! OUT of Cheese! NO, say it ain’t so! Mmmm… Fish stew. Can’t wait to see what THAT does in the recipe generator… lol. Better wait on that for a week or two. I am just eating the last bowl of the Chorizo Potato Soup, today. So glad the house deal went through. Oh, and DH used to be the mower – but, once he had his stroke, it’s all me.. *sigh*

Lisa – Hope DH does ok in the heat – and how are the new digs?

Allie – sorry your company has that policy on the holiday pay. But, glad you got some sleep.

Chris – great job on the workouts!

Karen/VA – Hope the doctor’s visit was a success!

Jan/GA – hello! Sorry, Sugar. I know we have all done the yo-yo thing – but, MFP is a big help… and these ladies are fabulous for support and advice!

Carol – you will have to post a picture of your new doo…

Miriam – love that you exercise Au Naturel – and I am with you on not having the drippy suit around all the time. Anything to remove another excuse not to exercise!

Tonia – Hello! Sounds like you have it all together for this month… Hope your arm keeps improving.

Tracie – Togetherness is great – in small doses… I have the same experience with my DH – who is home 24/7. You do need some quiet time to yourself. Build your own “Girl Cave” in the basement and have a great time.

Ann C – Iif you stay under calorie budget – and you exercise – you will see lots of non-scale results. You can freely avoid the scale for the Summer. Alas, reduced calories without exercise has never, ever worked for me… My body just adjusts to whatever I am giving it… :\ I finally forced myself to set the alarm for an hour earlier – and dragged my butt to the gym before work. I need to get it done in the morning, because, like you, I tend to collapse onto the couch after my workday is done. Honestly – if you get in the movement – it will make a huge difference in how you feel – if only for the sense of accomplishment for knowing you did your exercise. You can do this…

Marcelyn – Kick, Kick, Splash! Enjoy the pool… and hope you have fun with your DH.

Betty – exercise is the key… good luck – but don’t get crazy… pain is a poor motivator.

DJ – Glad you enjoyed the line dancing – it is great calorie burn, too!

Kim – great job on logging~! :]

NYKaren – Whoot! Work those arms, Baby! And you can do this… she’s your Sister – not the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man… Do not let her cause you too much stress. Gratz on not overeating in reaction.

Kay – lol – thanks for the schooling.

Kevrit – It’s a lot of reading… so, you are forgiven. :]

Well, another glorious day has nearly passed…. I have to get a bit more done before I head home for some delicious Mango Pork…

Hugs all round!

Re in TX
  • Rororosie
    Rororosie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So last night I was super tired right after work. At first I wondered why and then I remembered I had had insomnia the night before, doh! So I also had forgotten my tennis shoes - and had worn only my new balance "flip flops" (they don't really flip or flop though)... and it was not a regularly scheduled gym night... so I just went to the drug store after work and got some needed items like k.litter and detergent and picked up my thyroid.

so important to have on hand... I am in the process of changing doctors, I think, and I might have to redo my labs and I am not sure if my current insurance pays labs or not... I am still reeling from last doctor ordering me labs and she doesn't have a front/back office... she had struck out on her own and didn't' check to see if my insurance covered it... so I got the tests without checking myself since usually the doctor's staff used to do that for me and I got hit by a $600 unexpected bill for that... I've changed insurance again, but this time I will try to check first. So I have two "prior" doctors now - one is my prior naturopath who caused that $600 charge or contributed to it happening anyway, and the other is a long story... the first office I tried to go to to replace my naturopath. It was naturpathic w/ regular Western but I didn't like the doctor. Then the office had me call the insurance about the charges, so I did and they said they would pay them if it was "preventative". Since it was a intake appointment I would've thought it was preventative AND especially since the insurance was willing for it to be rebilled as preventative - but the back office WOULD NOT rebill and in fact, acted like I was trying to cheat the insurance. So I just paid it and got my labs at Theranos, now Theranos is in the news as having shaky testing.... so.... back to the drawing board....

Long story huh. Anyway, I didn't sing, go to the gym, or do any goal work of any kind after work. Tonight I AM going to the gym, I do have my shoes! I am gong to ride the e-bike for 30 minutes. Then home, I have a sponsee in my 12 step program who might need a call, and tonight I am going to sing or ate least do 15-30 minutes of vocal exercises.

My breakfast was a frittata from the delivery meals and it was overcooked ... yeuck. I should call and complain, not necessarily for money, I just want them to stop doing that!

Today work went well. I still don't have my fitbit back on. I did get up and walk around 2x for a very short walk but better than sitting all day. I had Toastmasters and I was grammarian. So that was pretty fun.

My basic plan for the week is gym tonight, gym tomorrow, and gym one more time this week - and I would like to do some yoga or belly dance with some of my videos. If I can solve my doctor problem and plan my trip to my sisters and get this website done this month it will be super month.

Also I can't wait to weigh in and find out if these delivery meals and staying within calories are helping me go in the right direction weight-loss wise!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 9.37min, 16amph, 142mhr, 2.5mi = 87c
    SPIN- 50min, 95r, 47w, 6-7sp, 105ahr, 148mhr, 9.8mi = 288c
    ride gym 2 done- 5.56min, 10.6amph, 136mhr, 1mi = 52c
    ride dome 2 hm- 17.17min, 8.9amph, 149mhr, 2.5mi = 172c
    total cal 599
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I

Pip, we have a mixed marriage--one hybrid bike and one touring bike. I feel like I am not so effective on the road but I like being able to steer off onto the grass and not fall down! And DH does well on the road but he is claiming that his shoulders hurt more than they used to with the touring bike position. We may need to have better matched bikes but who should get the different one? I would love to go on the pavement and the bike paths both, and most of our paths are not paved.

Welcome new people!

Betty ROC

i have a hybrid (winter bike) and a road bike (summer bike), i only ride on the road. if your husbands shoulders are hurting i am wondering if either of you have been fitted for the bikes you are riding.
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Becca - Loved your thoughts. I have one that is a bit sideways to one of yours.

The most important ingredient in food preparation is my energy level! :(

Charleen in Colorado (Good Lord a hot wind blows all day today!)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    iremiare - nope no day off
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Mia- thanks! I'm glad to be back. The surgery sounds really extensive. I can yeah it takes so long.

Re- I actually do go out in 20 below weather and trudge through the snow but I can't go the distance or speed I can now. Usually only got 80 miles a month last winter.

Becca- that old push mower would really burn the calories. Nice thoughts! I like the one about being great.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Well, we both got our bikes ages ago at reputable shops and were fitted then. I am wondering if the shoulder problem could be related to weight gain over the years resulting in a different total body configuration or maybe just getting older or over compensating somehow for the knee arthritis? DH has ridden off and on for decades and knows lots more about bikes than I do. But the older he gets the more I hear about his aches and pains and not just when bicycling.(update: today his shoulders are not hurting--yet).

We just made it home from a 67 minute ride wherein we had encounters with a bunny and a deer. Silly deer did not want to leave the middle of the road! We even barked at him. Surprised he wasn't in our yard munching on hostas and day lilies.

The hills were not any easier but I did enjoy the fresh air and countryside!

Betty
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I made me a sewing room out of a closet. When both of our girls were out of the house and we found ourselves with empty bedrooms, I started using one for an office.Then the first grand child came along and i needed a playroom so I cleaned and added a play area. Really it was an area to hold toys since I knew she would be playing with them in another room. I also had a nice dresser my Dad made from hand that I stored a lot of old stuff in and put pictures on. One day my sister and I decided to get crafty with this room. We got it totally emptied, moved the two large tall bookshelves to each side of the window and moved my cedar chest in between so that it was like a window seat. I got a spare piece of wood free at Home Depot, put some padding and upholstery fabric on it that was leftover from a quilt I had made. Needed something on the windows but didn't want drapes or curtains. I had a friend who sent me a bunch of old quilting material and I found a piece that picked up the deep bluish purple on the walls and the one key piece that would draw everything in this room together. The room had been Michelle's nursery and I had some cute wallpaper border. When we took the border down, it came down in huge pieces and I was putting this on the backs of the shelves in the bookcases that had toys in them. The ones that had books didn't get anything. I also used the rest to make me a bulletin board. So I had these greens, and deep blue purple. So now I just have the closet left. The closet used to have folding wooden doors that through the years had come off. I wanted this to be my sewing 'room'. I painted it a soft sea green, left the white closet storage system that was in it and my daughter's old desk fit perfectly in the area that would have been for dresses. Used the rolling plastic 3 drawer organizers under the other open area. Had enough of the fabric I put on the window to make a valance on the outside top of the closet. I didn't the brown closet frame to show so I took the little tiny window curtain rod and put long lace shears i had found free. I put a picture, wreath and something else (can't remember) as decoration in my sewing 'room' and it was set. I made many a quilt in that room.

Now this room is such a mess, I need some one to come and make me do the 'donate, keep throw away' thing.

Finally got a hold of the ostomy nurse. She said she got my call yesterday but she knew we were late sleepers and didn't want to call us this morning. So at 3 PM today she calls! We haven't gotten off on a good foot here. This is a permanent thing here and we will need to have a relationship with an ostomy nurse. She was upset that the samples she requested last week had not come so she requested them again to be overnighted. She also gave us some samples. We have never had to pay a bill the few times we have gone to her office. She has also given us supplies. I hope we are not going to get a huge surprise when we get a bill after insurance has gone through. But the good news is that bag is still on. We were going to change it tomorrow but she has encouraged me that if it is still on tomorrow to wait until Friday. We had been changing his bag after 5 days but she said it is OK to go 6 if we can.

Becca, love your 'thoughts' even if they are borrowed. Borrowed and free things are the best.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    2dhtnfxuws6f.jpg

I posted this as a reminder to myself. I read through all your posts and kept feeling worse and worse because I knew that I wouldn't be able to respond to all of you and wouldn't be able to respond as thoughtfully as so many of you do and then I remembered this quote that is a favorite of Heather's and one of my Happiness Commandments.

:) Jake's recovery is progressing well. He talked to the surgeon's nurse today and she answered all the questions he had and told him should be taking more pain medication than he's been taking. I went to line dance this morning and told Jake to get in bed about an hour before I was due home so the dogs wouldn't bother him to take them out. It worked...he got a nap and the dogs left him alone. Leaving him home alone with dogs that wanted him to take them out was the thing I worried about most. In the afternoon he wanted me to watch TV with him take a nap with him, sit out in the sun with him, and take him with me when I went to the store for groceries. Needless to say I didn't get much of my own chores done except a load of wash since he needs clean towels every day and clean sheets every other day.

<3 Thank you all for being with me even though I can't respond to all the great things you've said.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif