• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    hahahaha.... 500 cal burn is kinda kicking back for me
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I love all the things you all share. Thank you for making this community.

Larisa in Seattle
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I miss a couple of days and I come back to over 200 posts! Then, I got so caught up in reading posts that I did not take notes. So I’ll just say hello to all, hugs to those who need them, and high five to those who are celebrating.

No time to post much today. Hoping for a good night’s sleep tonight. Tomorrow I run my first ever 5K. I promised my daughters a year ago that I would run the color run with them this year and tomorrow is the day.

Linda in IA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    <3
  • MightyLolo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Larissa – How are you doing, Sugar? Hope you are having a marvelous day…

Aww thank you! I had a pretty good day. I've gotten a little extra sleep the last couple days, that has gone a long way. My weight is up, darnit! But I'm doing all the things, so I'm going to give it the full two weeks before I panic. And I really do look closer to 195 than 205, so I'm trying to be gentle with myself. *sigh
    Since you all were so nice about my last photo, here's one I took this morning. (umm, I wear red a lot :wink: ) The pockets in this dress flare out and make my hips look bigger than they are...but, hey, pockets! :heart:

Also, that's my trusty cane I take with me when I walk around outside. I'm up to two miles a day. There's a noticeable limp, still, but it's gradually getting better.

Larisa

qrtrptz2wn7h.jpg

P.S. Sue in WA if you are near Seattle, I know some hair people.
    dbe.jpg 59.4K
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    Mary <3 the curious deer and the ambitious pup!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Larisa - Nice picture! Great job on the walking.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Glo - I think Vince enjoys taking care of the pool. But he really won't admit to it. He likes to play "mad scientist", testing the water, putting the right chemicals in it. I just wish he'd use it more but he really doesn't like to be out in the sun whereas I love it.

Karen in VA - I would say that Bryan's "therapist" ambushed me. Well, what's done is done.

Kim - with all that work, be sure to make time for us!

Linda/IA - good luck on your run

Larisa - great pic. The first thing I thought of was "where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"

Michele in NC
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    Hahaha I'm Carmen's wacky aunt. :tongue:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    So the details, I will be gardening 600 hours a year – that is 2 weeks off and 12 hours each of the other weeks, but in the winter it will be less per week and in the spring and fall more per week. The title is head gardener (but there is no other gardener at all) – so the “head” part is just marketing… It is about ¾ of an acre in organic garden, about ½ of an acre in edibles the rest is a pond, chicken coop, large potting shed, patio for classes, and a green house. There are 6 chickens, which I will help with. The edibles are something for all times of the year – herbs, annuals, a small berry patch and an orchard. It is located within a children’s camp. If you google images for Camp Arroyo – you’ll see the camp, no pictures of the garden but it is a beautiful spot in the rolling hills just outside the city. The garden is mostly for the kids to be exposed to the fact that food comes from plants, they also help with the compost of the cafeteria scraps. Excess edibles go to the kitchen and the kids and/or staff get to eat very locally. The garden was just a fenced off plot 13 years ago when my now retiring friend took it over; and now it is beautiful with raised beds, a solar powered pond, a cooling station with overhead misters - so I get to take it to the next level - I want to add more herbs, some citrus and grapes, lavender and convert one of the flower areas into just California natives…

This will make my schedule much more structured between my 2 gardening clients which are 6 hours a week, that makes 18 hours of gardening each week (about) and 25-30 + hours of embroidery each week – and 15 hours (about) of teaching cooking a month… This will affect my time with you all, but will hopefully address one of my 2016 goals, which is to be in less debt at 12/31/16 than I was on 1/1/16 - And I will be paid for exercising!!!!!!!!!! As gardening is good exercise and the garden plot is on a slope so it is quite a walk from the top to the bottom of the garden.

For the next 3 weeks I am watering a friend’s veggie garden she has 6 4x8 beds in a community garden and she’s on a garden tour in England… And it is full of veggies ready for harvest. Yummy!!! Cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, kale, lettuce, strawberries, blackberries… I think she’ll pay me too, but just not having to go to the market is great!

I won’t start until July 18th… but if I am more erratic in my posting please know you all will be in my thoughts!

Kim from N. California

Oh My goodness!!! If you are the head gardener - can I put my application in to be your assistant? I don't think it is a "job" for you - you sound so excited - it will not be a "job" at all.

Enjoy!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Hello Fantastic Females!

Lily – looking at this picture for the 2nd time, I am able to look past the adorable baby to see how skinny you are! Whoot!

Awe thank you IremiaRe <3 I am 5'3" and I pack my 180 lbs tightly to me ...lol.. :)

Lillian
    in West Central Saskatchewan
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Kim Congratulations on the job sounds perfect!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I miss a couple of days and I come back to over 200 posts! Then, I got so caught up in reading posts that I did not take notes. So I’ll just say hello to all, hugs to those who need them, and high five to those who are celebrating.

No time to post much today. Hoping for a good night’s sleep tonight. Tomorrow I run my first ever 5K. I promised my daughters a year ago that I would run the color run with them this year and tomorrow is the day.

Linda in IA

GO LINDA, very proud of you.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Re - thanks for the encouragement. I put one of Barbie's posters in front of my nose every evening and I've done great,

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed
    is that they trade what they want the MOST
    for what they want at the MOMENT."

Janetr OKC
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Lillian - I will be putting together a group of volunteers to come and work one morning a month; my garden club has one morning a month now and I think a second group would be great - So with all my contacts I thought I would try to put together a second volunteer group - would you like to join?

Kim
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Larissa - I'm 20 lbs lighter than you but If I looked as good as you do I would be dancing a jig! You have a great figure.

Kim
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Linda- good luck on your 5K! Let us know how you do! I hope you have great weather.

<3

Mary from Minnesota