What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    That the day would come where I can share clothes with my teenage daughters and that they find them COOL enough to wear lol

I can relate!!!
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    That sitting for any length of time now hurts, because there isn't as much padding there.

Saving your armpits is much more difficult, because there's more gap and the razor doesn't fit properly so you can't shave as closely.

How good it feels to walk past the plus sized section in stores because you need to buy regular sized clothes now.
    Ha ha I struggle shave under my arms now too, weird huh?!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    You have to keep purging clothes
    You have to keep buying new clothes (I hate shopping)
    You will become more confident
    You will look years younger
    Your bones will not ache as much
    I actually crossed my legs while sitting on a flight, without thinking about it
    Some friends will NEVER say a thing about your weight loss

Yes!! My fix for one and two is to get others around you in on the healthy lifestyle and you can hand down/swap clothing as you go. I haven't spent as much on clothing since I've gotten more people involved.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    How cold you will feel in the winter. Experiencing the seasons in a different way due to fat loss. I don't get nearly as hot in the summer as I used to and freeze in the winter :smile:

I hear so many talk about feeling colder but I really don't feel colder at all. I wonder why?
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    klbrowser wrote: »
    Hi! I am 52 years old and am in maintenance mode after losing 55 pounds.

4. I was VERY surprised to find out that it is now even MORE difficult to find clothes that fit than before. Why can’t women’s clothes be sized like men’s, where you look for the waist/inseam number in inches that matches your measurements? I am disabled, and it is painful and exhausting for me to try on clothes in a store. Last week, before leaving the house, I went to the websites of the brands I intended to buy and consulted their sizing charts. But when I got to the store, NONE of those clothes fit - I only found out by trial and error that what used to be size 10 is now size 6. Also, I tried on multiple pair of pants and shorts from the same company in the same style that were labeled the same size, but no two pair fit the same. When I brought the size 6 pants home, I compared them to the old size 10 hanging in my closet, and the waist band was EXACTLY THE SAME!

Yes- it's called vanity sizing. Kind of irritates me when I read someone's weight loss story and they say, "I now weigh 160 and I'm a size 4!" I'm like, no you're not. I was a size 8 in high school and I weighed 115. Sizes have changed over the past 20 years.
    Definitely have changed. Don't know if anyone remembers the 579 shop from the 80s. I'm 5 foot 4 and weighed 103 then and wore a 3 or 5 then. People are fatter now too. Fortunately if you're really small shopping in Hong Kong is great as they're mostly small sizes with about a size 10 the largest size you'll find.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!