Any 5'7 ladies?

Options

Replies

• akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Any weight between 140 and 120 looks great, it mostly depends on your frame! Wish you the best of luck-MFP has helped me SO much. (I'm 5'7 by the way)
  • blesliemeow
    Options
    Hey girl... I'm 5' 7 too and am at my final goal of 128. I never intended to get this small but I'm happy where I am although I do catch crap occasionally from some for being 'too small' but I don't fret, I could literally kick their butts w/ my muscles! LOL

Umm HOW DID YOU DO IT? 5'7" and 128 pounds is pretty tiny!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and 129 lbs is my goal! Almost there! I haven't been that size since before my 2 sons were born. The eldest is 26!
    I am weight training also. So I won't be just skin and bones!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and a half.....and I am approx 150lbs. My goal is 135.
  • alyssalanet
    Options
    I think you have to realize that everyone carries their body weight differently too. I'm 5'7 and about 151. Depending on the morning. : ) Some people at my weight and height look overweight because most of their weight is carried in their middle, or in their legs...whatever the case may be. I'm not shooting for a number really, just trying to tone up. I have been down to 140 and looked too thin. My body carries my weight very evenly though.

A certain weight at a certain height doesn't work for everyone, whatever feels more comfortable for you. It will take time. Also, keep in mind if you are working out you could potentially see a bit of a weight gain as you tone up and add muscle. I am a strength athlete and try not to dwell on the number too much, I use this site to see how my nutritional numbers are looking.

Doing it the healthy way, and not totally depriving your body of food is the healthiest and most successful (long term) way to do this sort of thing.

Best of luck!
  • moofish99
    moofish99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and am dead keen on weighing under 68kg - or 150llbs to start with.... I'm a stocky girl and that'll put me at about a size 6 USA sized. SWEET!
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    im the same slightly taller 5'8 i think but i wanna get to 67kg which is 147.5lbs!!
    i dunno see how i go once i get there. seems sooooooo far away. im currently 171lbs!
    i cant remember ever seeing 147 on my scales but i wanna be there!!!!!
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I want to be 137-147, but really, right now I'd take *anything* under 200 - 199.9999 would be awesome right now! :) I also don't know if I'll get that small. I am fairly dense/muscular. In high school I was 147-155. In college, I dropped weight and got to 137. I was really skinny at that point. Like count my ribs skinny. I don't think I could be smaller then that just because of muscularity and bone structure.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6ish..I don't want to get below 130, but would love to see how I feel around 150 or so. :smile:
  • Ellebeegirl
    Ellebeegirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 155 or a comfy size 10, whichever comes first. I'm curvy and don't want to lose that, except the curve I have on my belly, which is relatively new.
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm 5'7 and 143-sh... Problem is I have a very small frame so even at that weight I look awful. 145 was my original goal weight but I had to revise it due to not being at all satisfied. It's ok I like the challange but man has the last 20 been hard to get rolling. :)
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and am shooting for 150. I started at 290 and am half way there, as of today. We shall see how it looks on me.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7"....currently just under 138...want to get to 128 if i can...but would settle for 130. good luck with your goal!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, and I am 1/2 way to my goal weight of 150, which is still 10 pounds overweight. I started around 209, and am now around 180 (give or take).

Once I get to my first goal, I will re-evaluate to see if I can get to healthy (around 140).
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5'7" and my initial goal is 195. One doctor said 195 and the other said 200. I would like to be out of the 200's so I'm going with 195! Once I get there I will reevaluate. I do know I don't want to get below 165 since I looked like a stick at 155. Truthfully, I've been over 300lbs for almost 21 years so 195 is awesome to me!
  • n8leagr8
    n8leagr8 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am 5'7", and my final goal is 120 lbs. I have set a goal of 140 first, and then I plan to spend nine months whittling away to tone and lose the last 20.

Good luck to all in your goals!
  • pickenslmc
    pickenslmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and currently have my goal set at 155. I haven't been that weight for about 7 years, at that point I thought I was fat. Looking at pictures now, I wasn't I was just right. Since then I've had 2 children and my body is shaped slightly differently. For me I don't find a super slim, extra toned body appealing. I want to be able to maintain my weight by staying active in daily activities, not as a slave in the gym. My high weight was around 200 lbs and I am currently down to 167.
  • Hanne76
    Hanne76 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my starting weight was 220. Now I'm down to 179.9. My smallest weight was 142, but right now I'm looking to get down to 150, but once I get there I might still want to lose another 10. I really liked the way I looked when I was 142! Good luck to you and I hope you reach your goal!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    hey im 5'7..... started out at 195 and now down to 146- my goal was originally 150 ..but i thought i want to keep going and get to 140.... im happy where i am though as long as i maintain .. 140 is a definete bonus..but not sure if i could maintain it! so happy to see all you 5'7 ladies with similar and realistic goals :) feel free to add me 5'7 ladies!!
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm either just over or just shy of 5'7.

I'm aiming for 69kg (around 151lb, I think), although I'm prepared to be heavier than that - I have broad shoulders and a wide ribcage, and (if I'm just dieting with no strength training) people tend to start worrying about my thinness when I get to around 70/71kg. Last time I headed below the 65kg mark, I looked - and was - terrifyingly unhealthy, so I'll be avoiding that.

My emphasis is primarily on building muscle, though, so I'm happy with any healthy weight as long I have definition to go with it. I'm proud of having a large frame, particularly when it's muscular.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!