July (2016) Running Challenge

1505153555694

Replies

  • tinyc82
    tinyc82 Posts: 21 Member
    17th July: 5km
    July total: 29.9km
    15.1 km left :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,000 Member
    8km for me today. Took close to a km before my calf loosened up and I could really start to run. Slowly getting better :) , taking less time/distance to warm up and able to run more distance. It is actually long run day for our club so everyone else is doing 16-30km as they ramp up for the next marathon/triathlon in their schedules.
    Which means that I am usually running by myself right now except when someone doing loop repeats comes cruising past. :( My next event was supposed to be Aug 20 - Sprint Triathlon but that will be questionable right up to the last week. Haven't combined a brick ( Swim&Bike or Bike&Run ) workout yet and its getting a little tight for Training days when you work backwards from the 20th. On the positive side no ill effects from Wednesdays unplanned 11km Hill Repeats.

    07/01 – 0.0 km – 0.0 - 100 km
    07/05 – 4.0 km – 4.0 – 96 km
    07/07 – 4.0 km – 8.0 – 92 km
    07/09 – 5.0 km – 13.0 – 87 km
    07/13 – 11.0 km – 24.0 – 76 km
    07/16 – 8.0 km – 32.0 – 68 km –YTD 651.2 km

    exercise.png
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,670 Member
    No run for me today, as it is my usual rest and spend time with my son day.

    So, to all of you I say... keep on running! I love all of you and the encouragement you give me. It's because of these challenges that I keep going. Can't wait to get out there again tomorrow.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,707 Member
    Wow @MobyCarp great job on your race and age group win! The weather sure cooperated for running today. Way to run a great race and great finish. That medal series is cool and your age group wins are extremely impressive! Nice collection of prizes!!!

  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    @Josh_lol Have a great vacation and great progress!

    Thanks :)
    New PR!!!!! Went for my run this morning and I accomplished 5K in 35 mins 53 sec!!! 5.64km in 41 mins 45 sec!!! :sweat_smile:

    I always seem to do better outdoors than on the treadmill. :smile:

    Great job on the PB :smiley:
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Decided to up my monthly mileage goal to 100km from 60km because I obviously low-balled myself at the beginning of the month. Great run today! 60% trail, 40% road, about 10 minutes of rain, the other 49 blazingly hot haha. Even discovered a route to the new hospital from our house via trails that is only 3.5km!

    07/01- 4.28km
    07/02- 5.01km
    07/03- Rest/Weights Day
    07/04- 5.48km
    07/05- Forced Rest Day (Husband OOT)
    07/06- Forced Rest Day (Husband OOT)
    07/07- 6.13km
    07/08- 6.13km
    07/09- 6.13km
    07/10- 3km
    07/11- 8.3km
    07/12- 4.5km
    07/13- 4.6km
    07/14- 10km
    07/15- Rest Day
    07/16- 11km

    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Fantastic job @mobycarp. Woohoo. I love the 4 piece medal.
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Does anyone follow a low carb diet? Am i crazy for trying while running? I feel like eating something but I think I'm just bored or craving something....idk what...carbs...bread? I can't put my finger on it. I ate a big salad with lots of chicken and deli meat...drank 8 cups of water already...my stomach feels full but my mind isn't satisfied. I'm on day #13 of eating lower carbs. It got easy but the last two days are sucking. Something I ate triggered this maybe.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    Does anyone follow a low carb diet? Am i crazy for trying while running? I feel like eating something but I think I'm just bored or craving something....idk what...carbs...bread? I can't put my finger on it. I ate a big salad with lots of chicken and deli meat...drank 8 cups of water already...my stomach feels full but my mind isn't satisfied. I'm on day #13 of eating lower carbs. It got easy but the last two days are sucking. Something I ate triggered this maybe.

    I am a low-carber and have zero issues running. Are you eating fake sugars and keto baked crap? Because that'd do it imo.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    @skippygirlsmom - oh no, hope the foot doesn't make you miss a running day.
    @MobyCarp - congrats! Love the bling. I guess it is still bling on a guy.
    @kristinegift - Hope it cools down. Amazing you got that long of a run in with that heat.

    Fun bike ride today with a small group. Heading up to VA tomorrow, but it looks like it will be hotter there than Orlando. WTH! Hoping to get lots of runs in while away!

    7/1 - 5.23 miles in Washington
    7/2 - 3.7 miles in Washington
    7/3 - flying home all day - no running.
    7/4 - :disappointed: couldn’t ride today.
    7/5 - 4.5 miles in the Florida heat and humidity.
    7/6 - 5 miles!
    7/7 - 4.2 miles + 1 hour spinning class
    7/8 - strength training - cancelled — rest day
    7/9 - 34 mile bike ride
    7/10 -35 miles biking
    7/11 - 5 mile run + strength training
    7/12 - 5 mile run
    7/13 - 4 miles
    7/14 - 4.3 miles
    7/15 - 4.5 miles
    7/16 - 41 miles biking
    7/17 - rest day ... driving day


    exercise.png


    Upcoming races
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    Does anyone follow a low carb diet? Am i crazy for trying while running? I feel like eating something but I think I'm just bored or craving something....idk what...carbs...bread? I can't put my finger on it. I ate a big salad with lots of chicken and deli meat...drank 8 cups of water already...my stomach feels full but my mind isn't satisfied. I'm on day #13 of eating lower carbs. It got easy but the last two days are sucking. Something I ate triggered this maybe.

    I am a low-carber and have zero issues running. Are you eating fake sugars and keto baked crap? Because that'd do it imo.

    @JessicaMcB No fake sugar that I can think of,no keto products... I've have whole wheat thin slice bread..22g carbs. How many grams do you eat daily?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    Does anyone follow a low carb diet? Am i crazy for trying while running? I feel like eating something but I think I'm just bored or craving something....idk what...carbs...bread? I can't put my finger on it. I ate a big salad with lots of chicken and deli meat...drank 8 cups of water already...my stomach feels full but my mind isn't satisfied. I'm on day #13 of eating lower carbs. It got easy but the last two days are sucking. Something I ate triggered this maybe.

    I am a low-carber and have zero issues running. Are you eating fake sugars and keto baked crap? Because that'd do it imo.

    @JessicaMcB No fake sugar that I can think of,no keto products... I've have whole wheat thin slice bread..22g carbs. How many grams do you eat daily?

    I eat 20g net or less per day basically all of that from vegetables, definitely no bread going on over here at this point. The one time I attempted to eat bread after going low-carb in the beginning I thought I was dying though.
  • comet236
    comet236 Posts: 3 Member
    Joining now: my goal is 25 miles in the rest of July!


    exercise.png
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    @comet236 Welcome to the group!

    @Elise4270 I've never been on crutches but 2 miles seems impressive :)

    @mobycarp Nice job!

    Lots of laziness, napping, and eating today. Planning 4 miles in the morning. I think it will be 75 instead of the cool (ish) 68 this morning (although 90% humidity this morning had me still sweating plenty).
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    ereck44 wrote: »
    Say, I have been trying to follow everyone's post...this is a very active site. What is a tempo run? Fartlek? (Am I spelling this correctly) and taper. Thanks.

    Also curious about the Japanese training program. I have read that theie athletes run long, long distances for their training....150-200 miles per week. Also doing the same with their race horses. Lani (Japanese race horse) finished 3rd in the Belmont stakes (1.5 miles) this year. He was being trained by running 15 miles at a time, pretty unconventional.

    Fartlek is a Sweedish word that means "speed play". It means that you just speed up your pace for a random distance. Like I run hard to that telephone poll then go back to my normal pace till I catch my breath. Then speed back up again. It's very informal and up to you. Tempo runs are more formal and you can learn more in the group page. Just look up the main announcementsite that says Links and References then about 2/3rds down it talks about all about threshold runs.
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    7/16: 4.5 miles (basketball officiating)

    Monthly total: 106.25/140 miles