Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today, so far, celery, onion, and banana.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted since Saturday.
    Sunday to Tuesday included Banana, Dole Mixed Fruit Cup, Caesar Salad, Grapes, Strawberry, Broccoli, Butternut, Tomato, Grapefruit, Onion, Cucumber
  • TonyB0588
    edited August 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yellow pepper, orange pepper, tomato, cucumber, dark leafy greens, red cabbage and avocado today. It will probably be the same all week. I don't know why I keep getting excited to post my vegetables and one fruit I eat (avocado).

@arditarose You're good on Veg. Have you tried Grapefruit or Banana for fruit?
  • msheepy00
    msheepy00 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cherries, strawberries, blueberries, lettuce, tomato, onion, garlic, zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yellow pepper, orange pepper, tomato, cucumber, dark leafy greens, red cabbage and avocado today. It will probably be the same all week. I don't know why I keep getting excited to post my vegetables and one fruit I eat (avocado).

@arditarose You're good on Veg. Have you tried Grapefruit or Banana for fruit?

I prefer not to eat fruit. Considering it does not fill me up, I don't consider to be very low calorie or fit my way of eating. I like berries once in awhile. Bananas are great but I will almost never choose to eat one. I have had maybe 2 in the past year.
  • Teresa_Yvette
    Teresa_Yvette Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No! It's sooo hard. I think I need an intervention... smdh. Anybody have ideas? I'm think about drinking them at this point.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Grapes, tomato, lettuce, carrots w/hummus, bell peppers/onions/mushrooms.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    No! It's sooo hard. I think I need an intervention... smdh. Anybody have ideas? I'm think about drinking them at this point.

You can make smoothies or just run your vegetables through a juicer. Trust me - the first option is better!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Today? Nothing. Hiked up to about 8000ft above sea level with the kids, and meats and cheese seemed to fit the bill for the day. Light and lots of fuel. Love the Rockies.

Maybe I'll eat nuts later.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, basil, and soon to have red or yellow pepper
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Today, I ate: grapes, spring mix lettuce, watermelon, tomato, bell peppers, carrots, beets, sweet onion, broccoli, cauliflower, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, pineapple, cherries, blueberries, coconut, bananas, cabbage, cucumbers, and garlic.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a heavy fruit day, no veggies. Planned on a huge serving of veggies with dinner, but got home very late and well, the plan changed to a bowl of cereal...
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    did i took my veggies and fruit today? 70g of fiber and 70g of sugar in my log says i did. i dont take any extra sugar daily (sodas or stuff) and my sugar intake is always high just from veggies and fruits.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Just had some fresh corn on the cob. Thank you @lemurcat12 for the inspiration. I tried microwaving them for the first time. Spectacular results. 3.5 minutes in the microwave for two of them, then let them cool a bit before dehusking. The husk is more pliable and comes off easily. Much less mess in general.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Today: Blackberries, spinach, onions, jalapenos, romaine, tomatoes, corn, bell peppers, and spring mix.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today, so far, celery, onion, and banana.
    For dinner I had green salad with tomato and mushroom, leftover lentil-barley soup which had more celery and onion, carrots, then prunes later.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I had my usual salad - lettuce, bell peppers, Craisin, golden raisins, sun-dried tomatoes, and onions - with the addition of 4 strawberries and a side of cantaloupe.

It's gonna suck when October comes.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Pretty close to my 7 servings today. My usual avocado and tomato with breakfast, corn on the cob at lunch, raw carrots for snack, and mixed greens with more tomato & avocado with supper.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm another one that doesn't really eat fruit but I love vegetables.

Once I year I buy a watermelon and scarf it in two days though.

My husband makes fun of me a lot because I apparently eat vegetables "like fruit" and it looks weird. I do stuff like take whole bell peppers or cucumbers out of the fridge and eat them whole like I would an apple. I ate about a pound of cucumber like that yesterday sitting in front of the TV. I think I just like the cold watery-ness in summer especially.
  • Kristinapedia
    Kristinapedia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm about to make my dinner. I have 600 calories left. I'm thinking my normal chicken avocado salad on a bed of greens and veggies.
    Veggies will be: tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, carrot. Maybe some corn. (I have a couple ears I have to use up). I'm starving tonight!!!