Real women have curves.

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    All people have curves. If you ever tried to draw the human figure you'd be hard pressed to find a straight line on them. Unless you're Picasso. And he improvised.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Still disappointed! pulling out now

Way to be responsible.

You guys are horrible.

:D

How are we horrible??

Whoops.
    Looks like I'm the horrible one.
    Nevamind.
    Oh no, I was right there with ya. :laugh: I was about to say, it's only responsible if I don't have to sleep on the wet spot.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Yes but most people misinterpret this this doesn't mean 200 lb women it means fit with curves ie Ana Cheri :p

Ana Cheri is every goal. I love her.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nice thread resurrection. 9/10
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My issue with that statement is the suggestion that a woman who isn't curvy is somehow not real.

An image that is more Photoshop than photograph is losing touch with reality, but the woman the image is based on is as real as any other.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of curves, but not where I want them to be.
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings when it comes to FA.

1) I am hypothyroid. I was born that way. It makes losing weight--especially as a female--that much more challenging, especially when I am not in the tax bracket I want to be in. :P

But losing weight is not entirely impossible.

2) I never asked to be born the way I was. I never asked to be born to two otherwise very loving people who, for some reason, do not love themselves enough to challenge themselves to be better than they have been. They have chosen their path, and I have chosen mine. Our lifestyles more or less clash like crazy.

But being healthy and fit the way I want to be is not entirely impossible.

3) I cannot shame my dad completely for being as round as he is. He has had a very tough emotional life, and he has yet to completely shed his misperceptions about how a musician should be. His excuse for not exercising is that he doesn't want to be a jock. "Exercise is for jocks" has been his unhealthy mantra and I think he's still secretly afraid he will turn into a mean jock who makes fun of others who are in the arts.

Yet I used to have that unhealthy attitude as well. "Used to," that is. My attitude changed when too many people around me were being diagnosed diabetic, including my mom. I knew I had to change myself, so I got a decent start in 2013. I fell off the wagon owing to a complete shift from working for someone else to working for myself.

I was able to let go of the remnants of that old attitude very quickly after I found out just how fit my favorite male singer is. I thought, "He is only six months younger than I am, and he is insanely fit, AND he's an amazing musician. I would really like to be with a guy who is that freaking amazing. So I have no more excuses. None."

So, I can understand why people get into the mess of being overweight. I can understand the reasons why the "real women have curves" concept has become a thing. But I can also understand the reason why such a concept has been used as an excuse to stay unhealthy.

Being outrageously skinny (beyond what is healthy for one's height, ideal weight) is harmful. So is being overweight for one's height. And if there is a history, be it physiological or psychological, or both, of being at risk for chronic diseases that *are* largely environmental (*cough* fast food & desk jobs *cough*), then the people at risk need to take a good, long look at whether they truly want to be where they are. If not, then they need to take action, even if it means going to talk therapy sessions that use cognitive behavioral therapy to get past unhealthy thinking, or whatever it takes.

This said, I do understand about the dis-eases that prevent some people from feeling up to exercising. CFS and fibromyalgia are the top two that I'm familiar with as my mom has dealt with the latter much of her life. Science has only recently (within the last 10-20 years) pronounced that fibromyalgia is definitely a thing, and that it's an auto-immune dysfunction. Therefore it has only been recently that exercise science has shown that gentle yoga poses are beneficial to those with fibro.

All in all, I understand how fat acceptance can be a big problem, especially with how rampant fast food chains, and the "convenience lifestyle" has become so prevalent, along with more emphasis on "desk jobs" being the ultimate in success, as far as money is concerned.

But I also believe that compassion is always the key to helping people feel understood, heard and accepted as they are, in the moment, whether they are healthy or not.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I like boobs...they're curvy! B)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    If I like a girl, I like the body she is in, whatever it might look like.

Then again, I like bodies in general...all kinds of shapes and sizes.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    What about fake women??

Like ones pretending to be Spartans? :P
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    When women whip out that phrase, they are virtually always very obese. I guess round like a beach ball is technically "curvy'! It annoys the shizznit outta me though. As a fat person, I'm not okay with FA either. You can tell me you're "healthy" all day long, but it just isn't true. For gawdsakes, just own it and say you're fat! And if you don't want to change that, own that too, don't use wordplay and doublespeak to try to ease your guilt if you're NOT really ok with your fat. And don't ask anyone else to either. I'm fat, it's my own fault I got that way, I'm not okay with it because it is bad for my health, and I am working on it. It's slow, but I won't give up. End of story.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Exactly @Timshel_ Total catfishes have curves too!! :lol:

In for curvy catfishies
  • Kev_Mac23
    Kev_Mac23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Curves for the win! Makes cuddling that much better
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm late to the game on this one and too lazy to read all the responses, lol.

First, what does FA mean? Fat *kitten*? Food Allergy?

Second, I consider myself curvy. I am height/weight proportionate, healthy BMI, not skin & bones, but certainly not obese. I have a bigger butt and while not huge, a curvy chest. I like the way I look and wouldn't trade it for anything. I personally don't care what anyone thinks about me because I am happy in my open skin nor do I really care about what other women look like.

fat acceptance

the controversy is that by allowing someone to say I feel good despite my size (aka obese) it encourages poor habits and encourages behaviors that are not conducive to health

My problem is with people who say they feel good and beautiful are very healthy BECAUSE of their morbidly obese size. They say they couldn't be happy at a lower weight. They also are encouraging others to give up the pursuit of a normal weight. They're trying to introduce a new normal in which extremely obesity doesn't matter.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I was on an elevator by myself yesterday when this very HOT Female with huge boobs got on. I couldn't help myself, as I was staring at her Huge Boobs when she said "would you please press one"..........I finally came around about 4 floors later, and I should be able to open that eye in a few days!