Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    MFO3 wrote: »
    Hello there everyone.

Hi
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Wow some pretty serious topics today. I wish everyone the best and will only add that only you know what is right for your personal situation. Most times you already know the answer and are just looking for justification.
  • DarleneReid577
    MFO3 wrote: »
    Hello there everyone.

Hi

Welcome to our thread
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    This past year was very rough for me medically because of an unfortunate sequence of misdiagnosis and over and wrongly prescribing meds which injured me, and doctors that didn't know how to help me recover. Though, I ended up with a referral to an excellent Rheumatologist that was incredibly kind, caring, educated, listening, explaining, helpful, and made other referrals and tests for me. And she has helped me as I figured out how to cope and recover from the medical injury (without putting me on more meds). I still taught dance and choreographed for children during the spring semester. But, I had to stop my own dancing. I was able to start recreational dancing again this summer. But, now I am going back to my own dancing and choreography now for the fall semester (and performance). I'm very happy and relieved about that. I'm on a strict diet because of a GI disorder, but I have recovered significantly (as well as the other medical issues I had), and most likely will hopefully continue to improve. Before the medical injury I just had a small suspected infection (in my nose), but I was in exceptional and perfect health. So, it's been rough and difficult and sad about my dancing. But, I am dancing again. And I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go back. :smile:
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    This past year was very rough for me medically because of an unfortunate sequence of misdiagnosis and over and wrongly prescribing meds which injured me, and doctors that didn't know how to help me recover. Though, I ended up with a referral to an excellent Rheumatologist that was incredibly kind, caring, educated, listening, explaining, helpful, and made other referrals and tests for me. And she has helped me as I figured out how to cope and recover from the medical injury (without putting me on more meds). I still taught dance and choreographed for children during the spring semester. But, I had to stop my own dancing. I was able to start recreational dancing again this summer. But, now I am going back to my own dancing and choreography now for the fall semester (and performance). I'm very happy and relieved about that. I'm on a strict diet because of a GI disorder, but I have recovered significantly (as well as the other medical issues I had), and most likely will hopefully continue to improve. Before the medical injury I just had a small suspected infection (in my nose), but I was in exceptional and perfect health. So, it's been rough and difficult and sad about my dancing. But, I am dancing again. And I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go back. :smile:

@BinaryPulsar you're certainly have had a rough journey of it. I cannot think of many things worse and having an ailment of which no one can really explain or help you with. The uncertainty of it had to have been nerve-racking.

Then to have that ailment prevent you from enjoying something dear to you is even worse! I'm glad your doctors finally have things under a degree of control and without a lot of medications.

Thank you for sharing your trials and for being such an active member in this thread.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    Some people just don't get it because they can't relate.

Or maybe they relate perfectly and just have a different, even better perspective. Saying someone can't relate is an easy dismissive cop out way of enabling oneself in their situation.

• Timshel_
    mntnwmn477 wrote: »
    So, what's for dinner tonight! Any family favorites?

Tilapia fish tacos.

Use the Costco tortilla crusted Tilapia baked crispy, put a half a fillet on a corn tortilla, use cole slaw mix (cabbage) on top, then I make my own Baja sauce from plain Greek yogurt, a splash of salsa verde and a splash of Choloula. Delish and fairly low cal.
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    So, what's for dinner tonight! Any family favorites?

Tilapia fish tacos.

Use the Costco tortilla crusted Tilapia baked crispy, put a half a fillet on a corn tortilla, use cole slaw mix (cabbage) on top, then I make my own Baja sauce from plain Greek yogurt, a splash of salsa verde and a splash of Choloula. Delish and fairly low cal.

That sounds like heaven!!! I'll have to try that one night, thanks!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    I asked my wife is she is an it girl in her mind. Still no response. Ah the anxiety.

If you have to ask, then you already know the answer. She's not, by chance, my old friend aforementioned, right?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Hmm...I can see that. I'm not an 'it' girl, but the need for the latest Prada bag is becoming less and less imperative.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Married here...for now. Ha! But really, let's get serious...we've been together for almost 11 years, married for 8 and have 2 kids (5 &7). I've been working on losing weight and becoming a healthier me since January, so far I've lost 42 pounds and about 25 inches all over. Awesome, right??! Well my hubby doesn't think so, or at least he never says anything to me about the changes I've made. I feel like a new, totally sexy woman and he refuses to comment on any of it! WTH?! He also doesn't want to work on himself....he's 6'3" and probably pushing 300 pounds! A big guy right? And he has noooo desire to change anything about his eating habits or to start exercising. I feel like I'm completely alone in this. And now that I'm feeling better than ever and looking hotter than I ever have, I'm not even sure I'm attracted to him now....have any of you dealt with this feeling? Like I almost feel too good for him, as if he didn't deserve me....seems selfish, but is it really? Especially if he's not giving me attention and complimenting me and encouraging me along this journey? And he's not working on improving himself any....if anything I'd say he's on a downward spiral. I just don't know what to do anymore. I thought becoming a sexier, healthier me would help our relationship but I see that it's completely driven us apart.....

Dang, you gotta do what you gotta do, I suppose.....

Why not print this thread and show it to him.

There's nothing quite like a shot across the bow to earn one's attention, right?

Best of luck; hang in there.

• Timshel_
    Say you'll never let me go....

https://youtu.be/TdjYbwlyTRY
  • BinaryPulsar

@BinaryPulsar you're certainly have had a rough journey of it. I cannot think of many things worse and having an ailment of which no one can really explain or help you with. The uncertainty of it had to have been nerve-racking.

Then to have that ailment prevent you from enjoying something dear to you is even worse! I'm glad your doctors finally have things under a degree of control and without a lot of medications.

Thank you for sharing your trials and for being such an active member in this thread.

Thank you! I also really appreciate your presence in this thread and getting to know you!! You have a great perspective, contribute a lot, and seem like a great guy!
  • BinaryPulsar
    I don't know what an "it" girl is, but if it means buying expensive bags then I am definitely not an "it" girl. And I am ok with that. Lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    Some people just don't get it because they can't relate.

Or maybe they relate perfectly and just have a different, even better perspective. Saying someone can't relate is an easy dismissive cop out way of enabling oneself in their situation.

To be fair, it's true that some of us don't relate, and didn't understand at first, and don't know what the solutions would be. But, we are open to everyone sharing. And other people will relate and can probably give better advice. And we can all learn. And each person will find what's best for themselves.
  • JessicaBiggs223
    JessicaBiggs223 Posts: 11 Member
    Married, and looking for new friends! (:
  • DarleneReid577

Welcome....Lots of friendly peeps here. Some funny some real serious. ...pick your side. >:)
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    My kids are in day camp this week. They are having fun. Tomorrow my husband and I are taking the day off to take me lingerie shopping while they are at camp. Edit to add: I don't actually like shopping. But, if we find fun stuff I will be happy to have it.
  • maccas55
    maccas55 Posts: 7 Member
    Married guy. Brit, 60, happy to chat - not 'looking' or with sinister intentions!! Just trying to lead a healthy life ...
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member

Welcome....Lots of friendly peeps here. Some funny some real serious. ...pick your side. >:)

No need to pick sides, why not be open to both?