Did you eat your fruit & veggies today?

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Finished off supper with veggies that aren't veggies - corn and potato. Finally got my baked potato.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Finished off supper with veggies that aren't veggies - corn and potato. Finally got my baked potato.

Canada's RDA guides for fruits and vegetables includes corn and potatoes both. 1/2 c is one serving. Good thing too because I had both today. I cut the corn off a cob and stirred it into my fried egg this morning, and had potato and mixed greens with dinner, and fresh peaches for dessert. Six of my recommended seven servings today.

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    bananas,strawberries,blueberries,spinach,kale,mushrooms,grapes,mango,cherries

all ive had today
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Half a banana at breakfast.

Cherry tomatoes (including two from our garden!) and carrots for lunch.

Peas, wax beans and potatoes with onion at dinner - plus strawberry plum crisp for dessert.

Interesting. How could you eat only half a banana?? What happens to the other half?

I have a 9 month old baby who is learning to eat solid food. As part of his meal,he can manage half a banana; I get the other half. When he's big enough to eat a whole banana in one sitting, I get a whole one too. :smile:

Today, I had raspberries (with Greek yogurt and honey) and cherry tomatoes as part of lunch and a huge pile of kale chips for dinner. Also had an apple as a snack.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's fruits and veg:

Breakfast was smoothie with melon, peach, cucumber, spinach and kale, plus some cherries. Anise-hyssop in the smoothie again, really like this.

Lunch included roasted cauliflower and carrots, plus some sauteed spinach and zucchini.

Dinner was stir fry of onions, eggplant, green beans and peppers (but with corn instead of rice) and cilantro (which is delicious and those who don't like it are wrong!). ;-)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am traveling for work this week and I feel like I always eat so much fruit when I travel.

Yesterday: Pineapple, strawberries, apple, orange, cantaloupe, honeydew, blueberries, green peppers, peas, tomato, carrots.
  • zyxst
    Options
    Today, an apple, a banana, and a tiny amount of bell peppers. Does the strawberry crisp bar count?
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Today I've had:
    Banana
    Grapes
    Berry mix (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
    Carrot
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Green beans
    Peppers
    Red onion
    Chillies
    Cabbage
    Cucumber
    So I think I've got my 5 a day in :smiley:
  • goldthistime
    Options
    Today I've had:
    Banana
    Grapes
    Berry mix (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
    Carrot
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Green beans
    Peppers
    Red onion
    Chillies
    Cabbage
    Cucumber
    So I think I've got my 5 a day in :smiley:

Wow! Nicely done!

I got 6 of my suggested 7 servings (Cdn RDA). Leftover broccoli and pepper onion mushroom stir fry mixed in with my eggs in the morning (2 servings), and a plateful of fresh vegetables at a restaurant (4 servings). More than I can ever remember being served while dining out. They all came from the restaurant owner's own farm to boot. At least a cup of green beans, and a cup of a corn/peas/peppers/onion medley. The best part was that the peas in the medley were, what I would have previously considered to be overripe, large and slightly bitter, but mixed with the sweet corn they had a sophisticated taste. At a certain point I turn my nose up at the "overripe" peas in my garden, but in the future I'm going to try mixing them with sweet corn as this chef did.

• goldthistime
    Options
    I got my 7 servings in today, so I'm back posting despite the fact that no one else is. Tomato and avocado with eggs at breakfast, a Caesar salad and corn, onions and red pepper in my tuna salad at lunch, two peaches for snack, and broccoli, green beans and mushrooms in my vegetable pad Thai at dinner.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've had a banana, orange bell pepper with Hummus and peppers, onions& mushrooms on a veggie burger for dinner...
  • zyxst
    Options
    An apple and baked potato with lunch. Another apple and fried bell peppers with supper. The apple are getting soft and easily bruised so that's why I'm eating 2 a day. One left!
  • LisaVeganBHScNutrition
    Options
    Mushrooms, avocado, sweet potato, pumpkin, chickpeas, sundried tomato, rocket, broccoli, cauli etc lol
  • zyxst
    Options
    Ate salad for lunch, the usual stuff except crispy fried onions instead of raw onions and some cucumber now that it doesn't cost $3 a piece. Pan fried the last apple with cinnamon sugar mix in margarine and used it as a topping on a crepe.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ate salad for lunch, the usual stuff except crispy fried onions instead of raw onions and some cucumber now that it doesn't cost $3 a piece. Pan fried the last apple with cinnamon sugar mix in margarine and used it as a topping on a crepe.

You've inspired me to pan fry my first apple... with any luck it'll taste like apple crisp...think I'll add some walnut or pecan pieces to the mix as well.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Today I had two apples, sweet potato, carrot and broccoli.
  • zyxst
    Options

You've inspired me to pan fry my first apple... with any luck it'll taste like apple crisp...think I'll add some walnut or pecan pieces to the mix as well.

I based mine off this recipe - http://www.thefreshmarket.com/recipes/details/pan-fried-apple-slices/#.V7jhjvkrKM8 . I used 11 g sugar, 1/8 tsp of cinnamon, 10 g margarine, and a single Gala apple. Turned out pretty good and was more than I expected. I poured it over a folded, pre-made crepe.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Sunday, August 21st
    Banana, Pumpkin, Plantain, Butternut, Mixed Fruit Cup (Grape, Pineapple, Peaches, Pears), Corn, Eggplant
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread cause in my head I did great, but reality is different. I had celery, onion and microgreens as part of lunch, and a huge amount of spinach and some mango with dinner.

I think if I eat dessert it should be a fruit instead of my diet ice cream bar. Drat.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have my breakfast and lunch all packed for today: banana with my muffin as breakfast. Top round roast beef sandwich with fresh spinach; a little salad of yellow pepper and cucumber. Two Turkish figs (yay!!) for dessert. I plan a serving of gazpacho as part of a small dinner tonight.