Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to keep it together on the weekends. Started out good but the day turned into a carb-fest. Did manage to get in some water and a good 2 mile walk, at least.

Tomorrow is a new day!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- hope pup is all better. So sad when they don't feel good. You know, I guess I never thought about eating more. In my mind, less is better. I had a PT trainer friend a few yes ago. She was nice enough to help me with a menu plan for awhile. She did have me eating, every 3 hrs. Maybe, I should try that again. Hmmm...food for thought, lol
    Well, made it to my Mom's for her birthday weekend. Hoping to make good food choices. Not best options on the menu. But, I will do my best...
    Jen- I honestly have not done WW in many years. It worked for me, all 3 times I did it...I was just a quitter..

Be back tomorrow, hopefully...
    Nite all
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good Morning,

Dog and I did well last night and we got sleep. Cooking oatmeal and then get a little more sleep.

Most of my chores are done for weekend, so not sure what's on tap today.

Thinking of you Lana.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Peanut butter - wow you should have seen my grocery cart. Jar of Peanut Butter, 4 KIND dark chocolate peanut butter bars and a PB2 container. Interested in adding some of the PB2 to a salad mix I have - will look for recipes online.

Trying to coax my dog to take a walk this morning. We shall see.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- I love PB...curious what PB2 is..haven't heard of that
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Nap time over, PB2 is a powdered form of peanut butter. Can be used in smoothies, with oatmeal, yogurt and I put a little in my salad. It is like flour in texture, so you get the protein with less oil. I have heard about it for a long time. Still like my regular peanut butter, but I wanted to see how it worked in my bagged premixed salad and it is good.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Pretty good day. Off the rails for lunch at a favorite, nostalgic are burger joint. We usually go there once per year - in the summer. With DS moving to college this week and DH returning to teaching tomorrow, we thought we'd better get there today. So, picked up lunch and went on a picnic at a local park. :) Beautiful day!

Hopped on my bike just around the neighborhood with my kids testing out my new bike seat. Think I will try to use my bike more in addition to walking. Went grocery shopping and then took dog for a good 2 mile walk.

Making inside out egg roll for supper tonight using cole slaw and cabbage slaw mix.

Enjoying a cup of coffee made with son's new coffee maker...
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi All-

Trying to find the menu for the week for what our lunch service is. Last week, Thursday was all carb day. Lots of pasta. Thinking of finally lighting this barb q that I bought and grilling some veggies. Just got back from San Diego so not really feeling like doing much. Tired. Long weekend-

Hope all is well Lana- Thinking of you!
    Jen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Jen - at your lunch service at work, do they have soup salad options?? I can get daily soup and a container of salad (not together and a bit pricey), but always an option. Do they just serve lunch or do they have breakfast as well?? Can you improve on them at home- better breakfast or salad you can bring to work? Just a thought.

Lana -in my thoughts, hope tomorrow goes well.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Lana - thinking of you! Wishing you the best tomorrow!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options

Just had some peanut butter....in highly suggestible!

Thanks for thoughts and well wishing

I'll see you Tuesday or Wednesday

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Up another .2 tracked and rethinking some of my food choices. It is what it is. Take a deep breath and move forwards.

If I didnt weigh in I think I would be giving myself permission to party for another week.... and that would be dangerous.

Lana it is early here, but you are 3 hours ahead. Surgeries often make you come in at "O dark hundred" hour to prep. Card is on the way.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara

In cab now.
    The mapping procedure is 9 am. Surgery is 1pm, so I got to sleep until 6am today. Not bad.
    I did not weigh in this weekend. Forgot/avoided.

Your point 2 is maintaining really. You are doing so well with planning, cooking, freezing, preparing.....lots of people have not gotten to that level of accomplishment in making life changes and good habits!
    Give yourself big credit!!

Waves who all stop by today~~~

Hugs
    Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Monday morning

Lana - thinking of you!!!

Sara - .2 is good. As you said, take a deep breath and move forward. I actually told my DH yesterday that I shudder to think where we would be if we had kept eating the way we used to. We aren't making the progress we want in making the scale go lower, but we are mostly maintaining in a certain range. Still working for better.

Big week for us. DH goes back to work today (teaching) and DS moves to college on Thursday. We made a plan for the week to keep meals mostly protein/veggie. Weekend didn't go as well as intended so having to buckle down during the week.

DS admitted last night he's nervous about starting his new campus job today and moving in on Thursday. I feel bad for him, but tried to assure him that we all get nervous and that he's not the only one feeling unsure. Before he knows it, it will all be "old hat". I cried on and off yesterday, in private, as I thought about the changes coming to our family. It's all good, and I know that. It's time for him to spread his wings. So very proud of him and I know he'll do well. And I know he's not gone and I'm not losing him, But our relationship should change, as it should. But we have to learn to navigate this new way of living. I want to be sure we keep in touch, but I don't want to pester him too much. Argh!

Back to school is tough anyway. DH going back to work after being home all summer is an adjustment for all of us. DD will begin 7th grade and I'm praying for a good start for her - free of bullying. She's such a good kid, a kind spirit, and struggles so much in school. We recently got her standardized test scores for math and reading and she doesn't even partially meet the expectations. We don't show her the results as we want her to focus on doing her best and we want to keep her self-esteem as healthy as possible. I worry for her future and if she'll be able to achieve what she wants to achieve in life. But, I shouldn't worry too far into the future. It's enough to deal with the present.

Our little guy, I think, will have an easier time in school. The hard part with him is getting him to detach and be brave....try new things, not be shy. He's pretty shy to start but once he knows you, all bets are off. He is ready for summer to be over and to get back with his friends. But that was one of his downfalls in school last year...too much socializing! :)

Sorry for the venting. Lots on my mind today. Should get some work done.

BBL!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    At home, got tired of dragging dog around. She was waiting for her "friends" to come out but we were too early.

Annie - starting college is hard for most people at least those who admit it. Your son will do well once he gets there.

Lana - cb care package on your doorstep when you get home, but if they make you stay the night- cbs at the hospital will keep watch over you.

Yup, time to face Monday.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Starting to feel the need to throw my phone. I am in the middle of typing a long comment, and it just goes blank and lose it all. Never had such a terrible phone. Glad I didn't spend any money on it.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    And, it died again...

Lana- thoughts are with you. Gentle hugs to you.

Sara- tried to comment about PB2...will have to check it out. Really have a hard time getting enough protein.

Birthday weekend with family is pretty much over. Still hafta drive home. Food choices were not too terrible. Ice cream cake...had to... Don't get that often. Had a very small piece. Will be heading home soon and back to reality.
  • calny
    Options
    Hi All-

Trying to be on a positive food week. Really ate poorly the last week and felt it. Last night especially. I flew up from San Diego and went to lunch with a friend and had 2 drinks (espresso martinis) and that of course made me want to munch.

BUT...the big thing that happened was I posed for a group photo and let me tell you...I was mortified. Literally mortified. I had no idea I looked as bad as I did. I've taken my own selfies but when you are "caught" on camera by someone else..ugh. I was standing sideways and I strategically put a bag infront of me to cover myself and I still was huge.

I never did this before but started looking at all the people in any given room/restaurant etc and think..wow I am the fattest person in here. It just really bummed me out. Even my face-- I have a mix of no chin anymore and with age now I have jowls.

I was also noticing the reaction of people at work (I returned to my old job) that have no seen me in 3 years. I realized I have gained 30lbs in 3 years and 50lbs in 5 years. It's like I gain 10lbs a year. People don't even recognize me.

Tonight I join the gym....
  • calny
    Options
    Lana- wanted to send a separate post for you so you dont' have to read my pity party post : )
    THinking of you today and know you are in good hands at MSK. Big Hug!
    Jen-
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Jen - I am at work so short note. Do you think the image of you taking that picture will be the motivation for "slow but sure" change? What can we do to help?

Back after work......