WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce, Indiana – When my DOGD started on MFP – she was going by “macros”; and trying to figure out what she needed to eat to match the numbers she was checking. No luck losing lbs. that way. I suggested that she start counting calories after she checks with her ‘online trainer’ about the number of calories she should eat in order to start ‘losing’; otherwise she needed to lower her calorie count; she’s 20 yr, only 5’,0” and she is eating somewhere between 1500 – 1600 calories a day. I told her to try to get down under to the next range of CI; and, work better at her CO. Her frame isn’t very conducive to any ‘extra’ weight; and, she cries if anything is said about her weight. She gained that “Freshman 15”; but she also seems to have gained every year since then; and, says she is exercising; but, I am not sure that ‘bench pressing’ is a very good exercise for her. But, at least, she ‘is’ exercising.

Keep at it; today is a new beginning day of the rest of your life; be happy and thankful for it!

I can understand why restaurant keep the room cooler than I like it; because of the kitchen; and I have noticed that rooms in my MDs office where they have ‘big machines’ generally are much cooler than the rest - because of the machines.

I actually saw the first ‘new’ tiny house in the front yard of a single-wide trailer; I guess they were down-sizing! It was ‘so cute’; but, I could not live in one … I’d be ‘outside’ under an awning ‘chilling out’ and breathing slowly to overcome my clautrophobia!

I remember going to DH’s 50th and so many in the class looked a lot older than 69-70 years-old they were; some on walkers, in wheelchairs, moving extremely slow. I kept telling him - the sign pointed to that room. We had recently attended mine. Had a lot of fun; but, the only thing I did not care for was that it was a multi-class party, while I knew everybody did not get a chance to talk to everybody who came. Some, I did not recognize; but, funny that it seemed 'everybody' knew me. I thought the ones that had changed drastically, had to have had a little work done. Sat with an old boyfriend and his wife. She was very pretty and we had a lot of fun talking to one another; I was sort of 'ignoring' old boyfriend; but, not purposefully because we kept being interrupted. Then his wife asked me to point out the girl who had giving her DH the 'willly-billies'. I looked around and told her that she was seated at the next table in the same position that her DH was seated in. Then he looked down for a moment and I 'winked' at her, then told him. "UT-OH; she's gotten up and has her eyes set on you ... she's coming over, do you want go sit on the other side of my DH?" "NO!" He got up and said that he was going to get it over with and speak to her. Wife and I just laughed really hard. When he came back, he said, ... I could kill you right here, right now!

We had wanted the hotel to give us a ‘wake-up’ call for 7:00PM; they put it down for 7:00AM the next day. So we were seated at a table with nobody that DH knew or ran with; and, spent the entire evening with one ‘bragging about EVERYTHING’! A little bragging is ok; but, it was almost like she was trying too hard to impress. Wanted and had planned on sitting with a couple that DH had been friends with the man and being able to enjoy it. But, we did have fun at the pool party and luncheon that one had at her home in an old established neighborhood in a beautiful home! She was really ‘down to earth’ and made everybody feel welcomed. We had been having a conversation through email; and, when we introduced herself, she ‘knew’ my name and mentioned it several times. I wasn’t even in the class and she really did not know DH, other than she had had a class with him. But, they had 640 people in their Senior class … that’s more than we had in our HS; from 8th grade through 12th grade.

The funniest story he told me was that his wife had dreamed about a certain house, did not know where it was; but, she just loved it. The came through the town and she 'screamed' STOP - that's it! It was the house I grew up in.

Don’t know what kind of peaches y’all get in Indiana – We usually get Elbertas from GA which is a ‘cling-free’ kind. I like them on the ‘green’ side; but, DH likes them ‘very ripe’ … they will soften up if you lay them out on a piece of paper towels. These are one of the late peaches; most of the early peaches do not have the ‘cling-free’ pit/seed and they are harder to cut up. We get them, let them ripen a little; then cut them up and freeze them. Then, before I make something with them let them sit out to help soften them (or put them in a covered dish in the fridge and put them on cereal. I just don’t like them quite so squishy when they are really ripe.
    When we buy bananas I can’t eat a banana unless it is on the ‘green/firm’ side; hate the texture of them when they are ‘ripe and soft’. I put my bananas in the refrigerator to keep them firm; the peel turns dark brown; but, they are still firm on the inside.

Kylia – So I guess I will just forget the fish tank; and, opt for another orchid. Did not kill the last one; and it is putting out new leaves … lady at the plant shop says that is a ‘good thing’. Will wait until we get back home to buy it. Got to ask about my lipstick plant which she told me to take out and place it under a shade tree (that would be what they’d do, if they had it brought back to them). I can’t tell if new growth is coming out in the middle/top of it; but, at least it is probably cooler at this point under the tree than inside a glassed room. I still opened the doors in the morning and try to remember to close them before DH gets home.

Lenora
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    WOULD YA'LL STOP TALKING SO MUCH! I CAN'T KEEP UP!

Seriously, two days and I'm 250 posts behind. lol

I am SO tired of rain. It seems as though it has rained constantly since April and looking back it really has except for a 4 week period in July. It has rained for a week straight here and my drainage issues are just as bad as ever. Problem is I can't fix them until it stops raining so I suppose we will wait until after Hurricane season just to be sure.

Spent the morning roasting Hatch chilies. Love my Hatch chili peppers and I buy a couple of bushels to roast and freeze every year.

My sister came down for my birthday this past weekend and had the whole family here for strawberry rhubarb pie. :) My birthday treat.

Been in a lot of pain lately. Shoulder surgery is scheduled for Sept. 12th. I put it off until then so we could still go on vacation but the pain has gotten so bad that I'm kind of wishing I had not put it off. Too late to change it now and I'm surviving. I just can't do as much as I was. Pain just kind of zaps your energy. I'm down on my running miles though and after the surgery I'm not sure how long it will be before I'm back on the road. I have a half-marathon in January and if I'm not in training by the end of October I won't be looking at a good time at all. Might defer my entry to the next year and just do a half-marathon in March or April. We shall see. Maybe I'll pop right back from the surgery and be out running in October.

Time to go flip some chili peppers.

Marcelyn in rain soaked Houston
  • blhill0116
    blhill0116 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm slow on responding. I'm in the capital of kentucky where all the big race horses are. It is a beautiful state but my heart ais still in Tennessee. That's where I'm orig from although I'm a navy brat so I come from many places. I'm 56 years young and I do love my jazzercise class I go to at least 4 times a week. This has kept me sane and healthy in my later years. I only have about 10 more pounds to go but it has been a year long plateau till I finally gave up all my bad sugar. Haha. Thankyou for having me in the group
    Brenda from ky
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Brenda KY ~ Welcome! My DH was stationed at Ft. Knox for his entire term of service. It was not my favorite place to be! LOL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I recognize a few names from when I was a "regular" on this thread. It has been a while and I am happy to catch up with some of you. It has been 30 days since I started logging my meals everyday. Also started doing water aerobics this summer since it has been too hot to play golf. Like Marcelyn in Houston, we have LOTS of rain in North Texas. We still do our water class unless it thunders but it has been very chilly the last few times.
    I know from experience I can't keep up with all the posts but hope to contribute to the group
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Kylia, sorry the rain put a damper on your activities but hey, you got a trophy out of it. LOL I do hope the weather cooperates for the fair. Great picture but I can’t figure out which is you and which is your daughter?? I know you are really only 35, but we don’t care; we still like having you here.

Joyce, I’m with you on how in the world did we get old enough to be having a 50th reunion!!! I sure don’t remember that many years and think I must have skipped a few.

Glo, so sorry for your loss. Sending ((((Hugs)))) and prayers your way.

Kiminprogress, welcome. Please tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. You will find lots of support here so come every day.
    Heather, that is pretty wicked to talk others into desserts they don’t want just so you can have a bite. That sounds like something I’d do. hungry-2.gif

KarenVA, it was not difficult to assemble this gas grill. It just takes patience and following the directions. DH kept asking “what is this for?” or “when do you put that on?” Each time I’d say, “when the directions tell me”. lol Men of course don’t read directions.

Terrilake, welcome. You aren’t late, you are right on time! Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you and sign each post with the name you want to be called. We also appreciate a location, general or specific.

Leemom, welcome. Thanks for the introduction. Now it would be nice to know a name to call you and generally where you are from? Do you go camping often? Cool camper. Come often and join right in.
    Lillian, so glad DSIL’s procedure went well and she is out of the hospital. I hope she has a quick recovery. sexy-nurse-waving-smiley-emoticon.gif

Katla, I just hate that you don’t get to use the sailboat any more. Is there anyone that could go with you once in a while or is that not an option?

Jane, our humidity is finally down for a few days also. Woo Hoo! What a difference it makes.

Penny, it sounds like you found a splendid way to de-funk. The pictures are beautiful. I have always lived in the flat lands and can’t imagine seeing such beautiful scenery all around.

VickiNE, I’m sure you know that you will never please everyone with any schedule so all you can do is be as fair as possible and then not worry about it.

Rori, isn’t it nice when we do work around the house to be able to stand back and actually see the progress we’ve made? I think that’s why my favorite rooms to clean are bathroom and kitchen. I can actually see the results.

Brenda, welcome. We’d love to know a little more about you to help us get to know you. Like who are those beauties in your profile picture?

Beth, so glad to hear your son is doing well. It’s nice to have a friend or two even if you don’t want tons of people around.

Katla, not being a knitter I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to have a bum skein of yarn giving you fits. I do have a comical picture in my head of you tossing it in the trash. office-basketball-smiley-emoticon.gif

Rose, how nice that the walk was easier for you this year. It’s amazing the improvement we can see if we just move more.

KarenVA, “Ditto” to what you said. And this is for you: smiley-gets-a-big-hug.gif

Palmbaby, welcome. It sounds like it’s not been the best year for you. I’m glad you are recovering. Please sign your posts with the name you want to be called.

Lillian, I’m sending you strength and best wishes to finish your mom’s house soon.

Barbie, thanks for sharing the story about the ladies that walk with Brandy.

Marcelyn, I hope the pain will ease a little until you can get your surgery. (((Hugs)))

Sue, welcome back. How dare you stay away like that! Good girl on the water aerobics. Come back often.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

DH and I went out for brunch yesterday. For only $5.00 they have eggs, bacon, sausage, corn beef hash, biscuits, pancakes, fruit and it comes with coffee or water. What a deal, huh? The bad part is that they prepare the bacon so it’s very crisp with no uncooked fat like so many places. That makes it hard to resist. I just had to stay in control. On the way home we stopped by two grocery stores to pick up their sale items. I don’t know what I did but woke up with an aching back today. It’s a bit better now and I’m sure it will be fine. I’m cooking a pork roast in the crock pot. Oh and yesterday I made mashed cauliflower for the first time. Yum!! I’m thinking that will become a regular.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • suebdew
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Don't know what happened to rest of my post it goes away.
    SuebDew in TX
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele in N Carolina – Given what Kylia said; I am rethinking that fish tank; maybe I can put it just inside the door to the MBR and if we get AC/Heat our there it won’t be in the direct sun. Or I might just get a very small one that I can put on the baker’s rack (if I keep it).

Sue in WA – The same is true of a flower sold down here in Georgia. I can’t ‘think’ of the name; but, it has a cluster of yellow flowers; some have a cluster that are yellow with a pink/reddish center, and others are pink. Maybe the name will come to me later. Pretty in a flower bed; but, grazing animals will die if they eat it.

Purl62 – One day, maybe we’ll get to Hawaii. That’s where DYS and DDnL#2 spent their honeymoon; but, on one of the more northern islands, not nearly as crowded or commercialized as the ‘big island’. I’d like to see Pearl Harbor. On the day it was bombed; my DFnL was on a ‘clean-up carrier’ out of Guam when they were ‘ordered’ back to port after 2 days. They were headed towards Pearl Harbor. None of them knew why they had been called back. I don't think even the Captain knew; they were just told to come back to that port. He said that ‘if’ the Captain had known the reason – he might have disobeyed the order and kept on going. But, they did not have the necessary load of guns, etc., to ward off any attack they might have run into. As I remember him saying, it was bombed on a Sunday when a lot of the men would have been off the ships in the first place, even so, we lost a lot of sailors that day. DH was exactly 5 weeks old when it happened.

Liz – We did enjoy the night; but, husband has been in so much pain this last 2 1/2 weeks; sitting became a bit more difficult for him. He will be happy when the MD is able to take out the catheter - I can only imagine how it hurts. Brought home enough food to make 8 dinners, maybe 10, depending on what we eat tonight (maybe tomorrow night), since I am going in for my weigh-in on Tuesday). Have not gone over my CI but just a little; not much CO for me.

Kymandi – I always told my sons, if they needed to ‘toss their cookies’; not to try to make it to the bathroom in the middle of the night. It's much easier to ‘wash’ sheets and PJs than trying to ‘clean carpet and call me, then, and I will be there in a minute or less to get them. I think I would try to put my ‘dear’ bear into the washer and let him dry ‘out in the sun’ (or in the dryer on delicate setting on cool setting). Cracker gets in that position, too; but, my cellphone is generally off and in my pocketbook. The other day I left it ‘on’ and beside my chair; and, finally got a picture of her. She also sleeps in all sorts of strange contortions. Some that don’t look very comfortable.

Slimcharm20 – I’m not ‘sure’ my suggestion about freezing the whole squash would work; but, the ‘noodles’ seem to be ‘too soft’ to do it that way; although I mix my spaghetti noodles with the leftover sauce mixed in; and, put them into some small boats, then heat in the microwave for 2 minutes and then turn the microwave back on for 1 minute … that makes the rotation go the opposite direction. You'd then have to leave it out to start defrosting because my DDnL#1 says they are hard to cut because of the skin. Do you use the acorn squash or the butternut squash?

Becca – I have a ‘wireless’ mouse; but, I am threatening to have one with a ‘tail’. I drop this one all the time, several times a day. It is so aggravating; but, I ‘hate’ the touchpad on my laptop. It took me several weeks to learn how to type on it as I was taught. I was determined to get past the ‘hunt and peck’ kind of typing on it. But, I prefer the ‘cupped’ keys on my desktop.

Ilikegardens – We also buy our peaches from a stand; and, not in a store; because they are even ‘too hard’ for my liking. I’ve never heard of ‘white’ peaches. We have all kinds from June to August; and, then they are gone. When I was 8.5 month pregnant, Daddy brought me a bushel of peaches (I could have shot him); my neighbors got together and helped me and DMnL peal them. If I had not liked them so much; I would have told him, next time just buy a small box of them; or give me some out of the bushel he bought for himself. They seems to ‘grow’ more, the closer we got to the bottom. We had a real assembly line going, peeling, cutting, and putting them into freezer bags. Each neighbor who helped got 2 bags to take home with them.

Katla – I’ve had to ‘tighten’ the strap on my bras; but, I don’t think I have lost any of the cup size. Hope that I do by the time I get to my goal. About 10 – 12 pounds away as of 2 weeks ago. DH and I were talking last night on our way to go out for our anniversary about how many people/friends that DDnL#1 refers to them as being. She is gone all day long, now that she isn't working. We're betting on how long she stays at this one. Yesterday when they would have ‘liked’ for them to get a ride home with several family members who were also at Panama Beach; none of them even posted/texted her back whether or not they would be ‘ok’ with it, even though they might have ended up splitting up. Their car’s alternator froze up, broke the belt, then the battery went out; no A/C; then the power steering went out; and they were less than 15 miles from the nearest wrecker. This happened in a small community; and the wrecker driver told them that ‘if they had been on the other side of the city line, they would not have been allowed to come get them'. He stayed with them at the Ford dealership for about 30 minutes until he got another call. DOS said there were several people who came by while they were waiting for the wrecker. None of the white people even said anything to them; about 3 black men (at 3 different times) asked if there was anything they could do to help them. DOS, DDnL#1, and their 2 daughters were all leaning against a wall with all their luggage beside them. One even offered to drive DOS into town; but, he said that he would not leave his family there alone. He was surprised by the offers he got; and, especially the ones he did not get. Their friends had to bring his late Mother's car to them so they could get to the beach; so Wednesday, 'if they order the part today and get it by then' should be ready; Then it will be musical cars. So DOS won't be working that day. DDnL#1 starts her 'new' job at the RYDC (a state job) on the 1st; but, will be making a good deal less than she was making at her previous job where she had worked for 12 years. Denied unemployment (because she 'walked out' on the job, instead of losing it some other way). Now, they RYDC wants a contact # for her previous job. She does not know what type of a recommendation her former boss would give her; depending on his mood for the day. But, I really do not 'think' she has be sorry for the move. Yesterday when they came home; she seemed to be 'stressed' about being stuck without a car to drive, how much it is going to cost, doesn't want us to help them, so DOS is going to see if the finance company who refinanced it for having their house AC fixed will lend them the price of the repairs plus $100. She wanted to use mine because they did not want to have to put too much gas back in the other one. But, ... never 'thinks' about 'running MY gas out'. I've got to stop on Thursday to fill it anyway and I have a coupon for 20¢ off per gallon at the BP station. She's going to be my chauffer on Tuesday and Thursday; so I really don't mind; it was just the way she put it.

Charleen – What type of cherries at the festival? I love the Rainer cherries the best. My Mimi used to grow raspberries; and she would go out each morning we were there to pick them fresh for eating on our cereal each morning. I have found them in small containers and usually eat them the first 2 days I have them, so they don’t mold on me. I do the same thing with blackberries; but, I won’t go pick them … because snakes like to eat them. Anyway I like the blackberries that don’t have the hard seeds in them (cultivated, not wild). I’ve never known if either could be frozen. If so, I’d buy more. Love blueberries and grapes; and freeze them. The seedless grapes are good to eat ‘frozen’ as a snack. The blueberries usually thaw very quickly.

Penny – Enjoyed the tour of the river/stream especially the waterfall. When we were transferred to Macon; my parents owned some land that had a stream with some boulders in it, which they offered to sell us to build a house there. Sometimes I wish we had taken them up on it; and, not been transferred back down here to Albany; especially, if we had known that DH would be ‘laid off’ within 6 months. DH started his house painting after we moved back to Albany for extra money; so when they ‘laid him off’ … it became our sole income; when children got to school age I went back to be a ‘legal secretary’. I know there was a reason for us to be moved back; but, it was ‘hard’ to be ‘thankful’ for it under the circumstances. When they say ‘you never can go home again’ … that is so true. We were not able to rekindle old friendships. And, to make matters worse I left a lot of dear friends in Macon that I met when I joined the Women’s Club, and a lot of nice neighbors, even though a lot of them ‘moved up’ to larger homes.

I’ve lost contact with my one of my BFs who lived here in Dawson; she got to the point that she would not return my calls when she asked ‘if’ she could. I got tired of ALWAYS being the one to call her, so I just stopped doing so. She now lives about 45 miles away (on the east side of Albany). She hasn’t called me, then or since. We both talked about not having ‘chummy, chummy friends’ that we could do things with that the other did not care to do. Such as fishing & hunting (but DH does that with DOS); but, my BFs live in Albany; and, each of them won’t make the trip out here … I tell them the road is the same distance both ways. But, I know if I ever needed ‘help’ I could call either and they’d drop what they were doing or get off work to come see about me. One, so much quicker than the other.

Joyce – Maybe finances won’t allow you to do this; but, have you had another ‘sleep study’ done? I’m entitled to get a ‘new’ C-pap machine; but, it is run through my regular insurance that I kept when I retired so that DH would have insurance. Maybe all that you have is Medicare, I don’t know; but if you and DH have any insurance they would probably cover the machine and supplies on a ‘new’ machine. Have you ever taken it with you to your Pulmonologist to make sure the setting are correct for you now? Having the machine checked might mean that the settings need to be change; then your local ‘healthcare supplier’ will take the chip out and re-set it. That might be one reason you have not been able to sleep well at night. I don’t know if Medicare pays anything toward it; I just know my BC/BS does. You might check with your MD, who could possibly steer you to someone that will be a place you can get one for a lower price. Maybe a hospital that has had one turned it that still works; but, the patient has gotten a new one.
    This morning they were showing the ‘reactions’ of parent of the Oympians; it was so interesting; even when they showed them during the event. This time they had written ‘in red’ what they were saying! They all were so ‘excited’! Some ‘hid’ their eyes a little; one set leaning over a lot when he daughter was doing her ‘events’ in gymnastics.

Whew! Just hit the ‘on/off’ which reaching for the channel changer. So happy that I did not lose my posts.

Katla – I have a laptop holder; which has a fan in it that I plug into the laptop; bought this after first laptop burnt up. Makes it easier to type because it changes the way the laptop is situated on my knees.

DH and I went to Wal-Mart before going out to eat, to buy a new coffee maker; ours stopped suddenly; but, we had one that ‘supposedly’ made 4 cups; more like 2 for us. Did not want to continue using it; but, it certainly came in handy,

Rosetigger – If I have more than 3 pages; I just start on that page. I figure that then I can ask what was going on that I missed. Something you can guess what has gone on because of later posts.

Penny – Willow trees grown best on the banks of a water source, not so well just planted in the yard. That’s where you will generally find the big ones.

Sorry for the repeat of most of my ‘long’ posts; I was trying to break it up because it was too long.

Palmbaby – Just posting here makes you a part of this group. Sign your post with what you prefer to be called, a location (general or specific) and tell us about family, friends, goals, anything. Rants, raves, complaints … there are only ‘women’ on this site so we can say anything like we would to a BF who you can actually see and touch. The only things that are not discussed (too much) are ‘politics’ and ‘religion’ … so we won’t have any ‘hurt feelings’ or something that will make you want to ‘pick a fight’.

Also ‘bookmark’ the site by clicking on the outline of a star, it will turn yellow; then when you want to come back, hit the gray star between the bell and gear when you are in the 'community' section; and it will drop down, click it and it will take you back to your last post. Barbiecat always posts a link to the next month on the last day of the month; then you’ll need to bookmark that one in the same manner. If you want to ‘edit’ anything you have posted, you have an hour to do so; move your cursor up to the upper right-hand corner and a gear will appear. Click on it and start editing. If you want to make a comment on something specific; you can hit “Quote” and it will appear in your post box and then you can type your comment. Also you can edit that or make it shorter; by highlighting the things you want to save and post at the end and copy it to your box. Or delete all other remarks on that page that shows up. A lot off us open up a word processing program and put it side-by-side so we can answer posts as we read. The only thing you can’t do is type in your box, then go back a page; you’ll lose everything you’ve typed up to that point unless you post it first.

Barbiecat – Sometimes we get ‘wrapped up’ with what is going on, in our lives; then we meet someone who is going through much more. Taking care of someone with Alzheimer’s is a difficult and daunting job; glad that she has some time that she can get out and enjoy the walk.

Marcelynh – If I have over 100 posts after being off for a few days … I just jump in and start posting; sooner or later I can pretty much figure something out. I don’t know if it could be done or not … but sometimes I think we should ‘post’ the number of the page that our post ‘should’ appear on; but, I haven’t been able to do that. I don’t think it would work; when so many of us are all posting at once. And we really do not know what has been posted before. Occasionally I will read backward from the page I started reading on … to catch up a little until I can catch up to the point.

How do you roast your chili peppers … what type or description are the Hatch peppers? Are they something that grows in just one part of the country? You obviously ‘love’ them if you roast a couple of ‘bushels’ at a time. Are they ‘hot’ or ‘mild’?
    Happy belated birthday!

I’m getting in the pool as long as it is warm enough outside and the water does not ‘turn ice cold’.

Lenora
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi Fitness peeps!! I've come to love Yoga, meditation and mala beads in the past few years since I have started with MFP and have Decided to start a side business for hand made mala's - I would love my MFP Family support ! Please check and like my facebook https://www.facebook.com/tigsanddigs/ Shop: Tigsanddigs.com
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Penny - Nature does soothe the soul and allows one to hear their inner voice. So glad you have such beauty all around you so you can vist it when needed. Love the pictures. <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X 10 X 35
    I went on line to Walmart.com and was able to order a set of three kettle bells for $130. It was a bundle and is cheaper then $102 for just one. You can usually get a kettle bell for around a dollar a pound +5 dollars. But, for some reason they're 40 pound kettle bell was very expensive. Then I saw the bundle and I got a 40, 45, and 50 pound. So I saved a little money.

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles

Marcelyn - Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it this weekend. Your strawberry rhubarb birthday pie sounds delicious! I hope your shoulder pain subsides until your surgery.

SuebDew- welcome back! I usually lose text if I enter an Emoji from my iPhone instead of the app.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Well this week is going to be a tough one emotionally. I have two funerals to attend. The first is tomorrow for a very dear friend's husband. He was buried over the weekend in their plot in Nebraska and my friend will hold a memorial service for friends and family that are here in Colorado as well. The wife is a quiltiing sister in our small quilt group that is very active. She is a ray of sunshine and a total instigator of mischief made. :#

The second funeral is for another quilting friend who was President of the local quilt guild while I served as her Vice President for 2 years. She suffered a fatal stroke last week. I suspect the church service will be packed as she was a person who was involved in many community activities.

Though my daughter is in her second year of her Masters program at the local university, I look forward to hearing all about her new professors and classes when she comes home today. Today classes started again for the semester. Of course, the university's bill arrived as well.

Looking forward to cooler weather later on in the week. I think we might finally be able to say goodbye to temps in the 90's (F) for another year.

Charleen (Hiding in the closet - looking for clothes that fit to wear to the funerals) t2604.gif

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,680 Member
    Options
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    trampoline-fun-smiley-emoticon.gif Just bouncing by
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Grits wrote "Sue in WA – The same is true of a flower sold down here in Georgia. I can’t ‘think’ of the name; but, it has a cluster of yellow flowers; some have a cluster that are yellow with a pink/reddish center, and others are pink. Maybe the name will come to me later. Pretty in a flower bed; but, grazing animals will die if they eat it."

Are you thinking of lantanas?

Janetr OKC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    NSV ~ I cleaned out my shorts drawer and my shoes! Since I have gained weight, my shoes no longer are comfortable. Shoes will be donated and the shorts will go in the garbage. Now to go through my many t-shirts.
  • suebdew
    Options
    Can anyone tell me why my bookmark doesn't work? I push the star but it doesn't turn yellow and I have to go back to June, 2015 and work my way back to now. Help!!!
    SuebDew in TX
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sue, you are pushing the wrong star. I had the same trouble at first. It is the star outline just above the magnifying glass just above where the posts start, on the right hand side. You are pushing the star at the top of the page. The correct one is below that area.