HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! :)
  • memathmfp
    memathmfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 you're amazing!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    All thrift shops are great when losing. You look great fannycy0626.
  • bunnyhugger2015
    bunnyhugger2015 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fanncny0626, I am one of your biggest admirers!!!
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Accidentally deleted my whole post!!

Lost my baby weight (from my 3rd child) in December. Hit the gym in January after I recovered from severe pneumonia. I weighed 125 when I started at the gym and 136 now. I lifted heavy, and ate 2300-3000 calories a day. Just tryin' to get buff :wink: I do not think I look like a dude!
    ONE YEAR! Last year vs last week
    5SQciQc.png
    Now:
    OIL9D1X.jpg
    QrfsaDP.jpg
    sb5BpcI.jpg
    f1oBIT0.jpg

THIS! HOLY SMOKES, THIS ALLLLL DDAAAAYYYY! I'm down to 139 and all i care about are abs like yours. I've been eating 1200 cals, eating back 100-150 cal of any exercise i do. That consists of 1 weekly personal training session, 3 days of SL 5x5, 2 days of HIIT/jogging and 1 day of rest but I can't seem to get rid of the mid-section flab to show off my baby abs. Please share your regimen!

You look amazing btw!
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    hrod215 wrote: »
    Accidentally deleted my whole post!!

Lost my baby weight (from my 3rd child) in December. Hit the gym in January after I recovered from severe pneumonia. I weighed 125 when I started at the gym and 136 now. I lifted heavy, and ate 2300-3000 calories a day. Just tryin' to get buff :wink: I do not think I look like a dude!
    ONE YEAR! Last year vs last week

No, you do NOT look like a dude. Lordy.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 you continue to inspire!! Wow!!!
  • healthhappinessfit
    healthhappinessfit Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 Fabulous!
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    OK I loveeeee this thread. My ob\gyn actually told me to start lifting. I have a loooot of weight to lose and she said it would come off faster with lifting. My ? Is is how much of a deficit should I be eating I mean it has me set to 1800 cals a day is that OK? Too much or too little?
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mom2ATM wrote: »
    OK I loveeeee this thread. My ob\gyn actually told me to start lifting. I have a loooot of weight to lose and she said it would come off faster with lifting. My ? Is is how much of a deficit should I be eating I mean it has me set to 1800 cals a day is that OK? Too much or too little?

We need a lot more detail from you to give you an opinion on that. You might want to start a separate thread.

Thanks what forum should I start it on
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

We need a lot more detail from you to give you an opinion on that. You might want to start a separate thread.

Thanks what forum should I start it on

You can start on General Weight Loss or the Fitness section. Your deficit will depend on how much weight you have to lose. If it's a decent amount, above 50 lbs-I like a 2lb per week loss.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    This was probably a couple months ago. Maybe May? Anyway, I have gone up in clothing sizes, but my waist is still 29" and my weight is staying pretty consistent. I have very mixed feelings about what lifting has done to and for my body. My husband is loving the #squatbooty and I'm in love with my shoulders, as long as I don't have to try to fit them in sleeves. :lol:

g1t5ennlzk8v.jpg

Your arms and shoulders look great! Do you care to share your mixed feelings? :-)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Time for a bump. B)
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Question for all you gorgeous ladies. I am very interested in starting stronglifts while I still have around 20 pounds to lose. My question is regarding calories. Did you stay at your MFP goal of 500 calories short (or whatever it was for you) or did you increase your intake and still lose weight? I don't want to underfuel, but I also don't want to sabotage my weight loss by overfueling either. This might have been answered somewhere, but I haven't had a chance to read every page yet, and I want to start my program tonight. :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I always feed my lifting. 100-150 cals does it for me. I am quite petite so you could well eat back more.

Cheers, h.
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Question for all you gorgeous ladies. I am very interested in starting stronglifts while I still have around 20 pounds to lose. My question is regarding calories. Did you stay at your MFP goal of 500 calories short (or whatever it was for you) or did you increase your intake and still lose weight? I don't want to underfuel, but I also don't want to sabotage my weight loss by overfueling either. This might have been answered somewhere, but I haven't had a chance to read every page yet, and I want to start my program tonight. :)

I don't typically eat back my calories unless I feel very hungry. I do however plan into my day a pre-lift snack and post lift session meal that helps keep me properly fuelled. I think it's like most things where you have to try some different methods and see what works for your body as everyone is different.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!