90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Options

Replies

• Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Day 35: knew as soon as I woke up this am that today was DEFINITELY gonna be a rest day. Wanted to sleep in but got up at 7 feeling quite tired. May do some yoga later on but for now, just taking it easy. Even scheduled housework is on hold.

Sunday weigh in: 155.4 lbs down 2.6 lbs for the week and just over the halfway point with 21.6 lbs total lost. Next goal is 154 lbs, nomal BMI at my height of 5'6".

Becs: good idea to add short HIIT to am. I'm really enjoying my 10 minute program and hope to increase it to 20 in next few weeks. Really gets heart rate up and so good for core strength. Food sounds yummy! What's the article on double workouts?

• lavender624flood
    lavender624flood Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do a Whole 30 AIP in August but the time got away from me. I am starting this month, for obvious reasons, "Thirty days hath September, April, June and November".

http://whole30help.com/whole30-shopping-list/

I am trying to follow the Wellness Mama plan: http://wellnessmama.com/22689/autoimmune-diet/

My typical day on the autoimmune diet:

Breakfast– A sauté of protein and cooked vegetables, a cup of homemade bone broth (if I have some ready), some fermented vegetables, and/or some raw vegetables..
    Lunch– A huge salad with leftover protein (meat, offal or fish) or A stir fry with some type of protein (meat, offal, seafood) with a lot of vegetables and allowed spice. Kombucha tea or Herbal tea.
    Dinner– A sauté or soup with some type of protein (meat, offal, seafood) with a lot of vegetables and allowed spices,
    No carbs.
    No grains.
    Consuming at least 9 cups of vegetables a day, especially brightly colored vegetables, leafy greens, and onions and garlic.
    Sleep. It is my nemesis. I stay up late and skimp on sleep so I can get more done (self-employed). Going for 6-7 hours a night for this Whole30. [Please do not ask what I have been averaging. :-( ]
    Stress reduction: 8k - 10k Steps/day,2x/day Rebounding, 1/day Meditation and 2x/wk Qi Gong
    Supplements. MCT oil, Vitamin D (and sunshine daily in the morning), Magnesium, Vitamin B, and Vitamin C.

~ Lavender
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hope you guys are having a great weekend! Did my 35 mins of circuits and walking this morning. Had some eggs over fajita veggies and salsa for breakfast. Makes some Mexican inspired grilled chicken with more fajita veggies for lunch. Tonight is spicy garlic lime salmon with roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower. Oh! And I had some grapes to snack on! It's been a pretty busy day with all of the cooking, but it's well worth it. Made a lot to repurpose as salads and such for the week.

Rinde - great job! That's a lot. Way to go! It will be all downhill from here!

Becs- also great job. I agree with splitting up workouts. That's how I do it! Definitely can't wake up early enough to get it all done before work. You dinners sound super yum too!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Day 36: Back at it this morning. Finished a Jessica Smith 40 minute jogging video. To protect my knees and injured toe/foot I did it barefoot with my yoga mat doubled for cushioning. Seemed to do the trick as I'm not having any problems post workout. Following jog I cooled down for a few minutes before I did 6 minute 30 Day Fitness Challenge. Supposed to hold straight plank for 2:30 but I was nowhere near that. Just held it and then rested, etc. till timer went off. Oh well! Finished up with 15 minutes of restorative yoga.

Did well on my protein yesterday...32% Still eating 2 smoothies daily but have added more Greek yogurt and ground chia seeds to up the protein and calories.

Aliem: Your meals yesterday sound fantastic...nutritious and yummy! Way to get back on your exercise routine!
  • aliem
    Options
    Sorry for forgetting to post yesterday. It was a pretty boring day, besides the fact that I have been in the 130s for the last two days! I am still about 4 pounds away from my Thursday goal, but I am at least making headway. This morning I have eggs scrambled with hatch chilies over fajita veggies and a side of cantaloupe mixed with coconut flakes. Lunch will be salad with chicken. Dinner is salmon with roasted broccoli, cauliflower and sweet potato (notice a theme since Saturday?). Brought some strawberries to snack on at work as well. Yesterday did an hour of dance cardio (counting this as my rest day.) Did my circuits and walking this morning. I think tonight I will do a strength training workout. I think I will start upping my now 35 minute circuits to 40 tomorrow. Hopefully I will be in the goal of 45-50 minutes by next week. I also plan on stepping up my night workouts a bit.

Rinde - Great job yesterday! Planks are really hard. Especially for two and a half minutes! If you keep going at it, you will get there! I am glad you found a work around for your toe! Since I am trying to up my night time workouts, maybe I will try out your 30 day fitness challenge. That sounds like a fun way to add a couple of minutes to my routine. Did you say that it is an app you download or is it on the web?
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Rinde Day 37

Just finished my hour of exercise: 24 minutes body resistance, 18 minutes of HIIT, and 20 minutes of yoga. Felt good to bump up the HIIT from 10 to 18 minutes( last 2 minutes was a cool down so I skipped it).

Still on track with my food. The end of the week should be challenging so I'm not expecting much weight loss if any this week.

Aliem- great job getting back in the 130s. Way to stick with the plan and keep going after your goals! I use the 30 Day app; don't know if the same thing can be found online. The 10 minute HIIT I was doing is another good short workout to try. I like Millionaire Hoy on YouTube but there are others as well.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Becs day 36 and 37 of the 90 day challenge.

Only did three things this weekend... Worked (worked over 20 hours this weekend on ornaments and art for my store), Ate (and cooked for my family) and a little family time. I didn't workout Sunday-Tuesday. But promise to be back at it tomorrow. Tonight I have a standing (ever two months) drinks date with two girls friends. Honest I don't want to go but it has to be done.

I have restocked the frig and ate well today.

You guys are putting me to shame. Promise to be supportive and gun ho this week! Get back on track!

RINDE99 - You are so killing it.

ALIEM - Hooray for the 130's that is amazing! And btw I love salmon. I will have some add some to a meal too! maybe some smoked salmon as a snack. Yummy.

Lavender - Welcome to the group. FYI Sleep is my nemesis too! I am dragging badly today!
  • aliem
    Options
    So today I found out that I am going to be working late this entire week (at least its short.) This will definitely impact my nighttime workouts. I probably won't be doing my interval running (bummer, I was finally starting to increase the running portion of it) and be limited to weight training at night (maybe 30 mins, if I am lucky). I live on a second story so I feel like jumping around after 9pm is probably inappropriate, even though the people under me are all pretty young and probably stay up late.
  • Rinde99
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Bummer! Try a low impact after 9. You'll get your workout in without disturbing your neighbors. @aliem

• aliem
    Options
    Cranked through a 40 minute buns and thigh circuit routine late last night. For some reason my abs are sore this morning.....Anyway. Did 40 minutes of circuits this morning and walked. Food is similar to yesterday. Switched some stuff around, but it's the same ingredients. Another long day at work (and a very long commute. Thank you LA traffic!) Going to try to do another strength training tonight, if I am not home too late. At least this is temporary for this week. Even with the long day and all of the working out, I woke up super energized this morning! So that is encouraging. Especially since I do not drink coffee every morning anymore. Hopefully I will have some results in my phase 1 check in tomorrow!

Rinde - Great job bumping up your HIIT! Sounds like you are really improving! One more day until your big day!

Becs - Great job for getting back on track! It's always hard after a break. Hopefully you had fun grabbing drinks last night.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Rinde Day 38: Cardio day. 40 minutes of jogging video, same as Monday followed by 8 minutes of 30 Day Fitness and 13 minutes of yoga for 61 minutes total.

My younger daughter and her 2 children flew in from CT last night for my birthday celebrations. She brought lunch over today and oh my goodness, was it tasty! BLTs from local bakery/cafe made with fresh baked bread, their own cured bacon, aoli, and fried green tomatoes. Yum! I only ate 1/2 and had a small chocolate nut brownie bar for dessert to top it off. I'm still stuffed and feel like a salt lick from all that sodium. It was worth it though!

Becs: Glad you're back on track and pumped for the rest of the week. You've got this!

Aliem: too bad about working late, but as you say, it's not for that long, at least. And full of energy despite the additional hours. Fantastic!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs day 38 of the 90 day challenge.

So I didn't work out Monday and Tuesday but I am back on track today. Logged food well and got in a body pump class. Have several family members sick and I feel like I might be fighting it off. But hopefully I will stay healthy. Tomorrow body combat and Friday was suppose to be elliptical after work but my sister just called and begged me to go to the local high school game so she doesn't haven't to go alone (my nieces are on the dance team). I went last week so I wasn't planning to go this week but I guess I was wrong.

Aliem - can't wait to hear about your phase 1 check in. You have been doing great so I know you will see some results. And all that energy sounds amazing. I need a little of that. ;)

Rinde99- I love a blt.... Bread and bacon.... Come on that is always a great thing. Hope you a blast with your family to ceclebrate your special day! I am a firm believer is celebrating every birthday. It is special and we are blessed to have them and spend with the ones we love. ;)
  • aliem
    Options
    Phase One Done! Here are my results:

Starting weight: 144.6
    Goal Weight for phase 1: 135.1
    Today's weight: 138.6 (down 6 pounds!) I need to keep going at it. I definitely was not on track the first two weeks. But here is to phase 2! (mine ends on Oct 8th and I will finish phase 3 with you guys!)

Measurements (waist was done day one, all others done two weeks ago):
    Waist: 28.5 / 27 - down 1.5 inches
    Chest: 38 / 38 - same
    Hips: 39.5 / 39.25 - down .25 inches
    Thighs: 24 / 23.75 - down .25 inches
    Calf: 15 / 15 - same
    Arm: 12.5 / 12.24 - down .25 inches

That is 2.25 inches total! Not bad considering some of these were taken two weeks ago and there was a trip to Texas in between that put me behind!

Did not do my extra work out last night, because I did not get home until about 10. I figured that if I worked out last night, I probably would have slept in and missed my longer morning workout this morning, so I opted for sleep. Worked out this morning (circuits for 40 mins and walking, like normal). Food will be about the same as yesterday. I am guessing that today I will get home at a similar time, so I am planning not to work out tonight. If I do get home earlier, I will definitely get one in! Hoping that tomorrow I can work from home so that I can make up for the lost workouts. I definitely have plans this weekend to go crazy on the workouts! I also have a bunch of chores that need to get done, so pushing around a vacuum cleaner will definitely help with the calorie burn!

Rinde - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Don't worry too much today about your diet/exercise. This day only comes once a year, so treat yourself! FYI - I love BLTs too! They are one of my favorite sandwiches!

Becs - Great job getting back on track! Maybe you can sneak in a quick 30 minute workout before work on Friday to get some time in. If not, you probably will be walking around a bit at the game and every little bit counts!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Rinde Day 39: Decided to work a little harder for the next couple of days with the hope that I won't gain too much weight after my celebrations. So today I did 51 minutes of aerobic dancing, 24 minutes of body resistance, and 6 minutes of yoga. Felt good and I'm not that tired after finishing.

My protein was down yesterday and fat way up, but it's time to enjoy so I'm not too worried about a few days of heavier eating.

Becs: Glad you got in your Body Pump but hope you don't get ill. Hopefully the game will be fun!

Aliem: Looking forward to hearing your Phase 1 results!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Awesome results, Aliem! Job well done!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Becs day 39 of the 90 day challenge.

Weighed today. Still 132. I am still ok with that but not excited. I have been having issues with falling off the rails on the weekends. If not for that I think I would see some results on the scale. However I feel like I am seeing some results in how my body is feeling more toned. I just need to step it up. As I mentioned I want to start adding a mini morning workout. Planning to start that Monday.

Tonight BODY COMBAT, tomorrow (hopefully something at home), Saturday BODY COMBAT, Sunday Elliptical with perhaps an ABS addition!

Aliem - OMG you did awesome. Those are some amazing results. Phase two is gonna rock!

RInde - Wow look at you upping your workouts. You are inspiring. But please enjoy the heck out of your family and celebrations. YOu totally deserve it!
  • aliem
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I am thinking I might keep up with the weekly measurements. It was really interesting to know. Plus I have done a few Whole30s before and have never taken them on a regular basis. Might not report them to you guys, but it was pretty motivating knowing that I was losing inches when I wasn't losing pounds! Hopefully I can get some better results in phase two, now that I am more committed!
  • becs3578
    Options
    Aliem. Do it.... Your right it is so motivating!!!!

Ok completed body combat. I really love that class. Doing it again Saturday!
  • aliem
    Options
    Got home at a reasonable time today so I did my second workout. 30 minutes of ab strength training. Feeling great!

Great job becs! Way to find something you love!
  • Rinde99
    Options
    Just a quick check in to tell you about my dinner last night. My daughters totally took me by surprise last night by preparing a course for every decade. Yes, a 6 course meal. It was incredible! We had gruyere carmelized onion tarts, crab cakes over watercress with lemon dressing, green goddess mint pea soup, seared shrimp and scallops over cheesy grits, cheese and fruit amuse, and sachertorte for dessert. And there was wine and champagne as well! It was an incredible feast!