5'6 - 5'7 before and after pics please!

Options

Replies

• larsivydody
    larsivydody Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What is your routine? Do you do strength training or only cardio? How many calories you are eating daily?
  • larsivydody
    larsivydody Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your quick reply. And my last question, how long it took you to lose the weight?

• richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic. 180 lbs seems a lot but you carry it well! My comparison I am 5'7" and 145 lbs.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic. 180 lbs seems a lot but you carry it well! My comparison I am 5'7" and 145 lbs.

Yep she definitely carries her weight well. My goal is 175 for this exact reason.

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Fanastasia wrote: »
    Thank you for your quick reply. And my last question, how long it took you to lose the weight?

It has taken me about 7 months. At the beginning, I was losing weight much easier and quicker, averaging 12 to 15 lbs per month. In the last couple of months, I plateaued maybe only losing 5 lbs per month. That's frustrating to me. It might be because my body fat is getting low. Even though I have a high body weight. My body fat is 23%. I had the hydrostatic (underwater) body fat done. I will be taking DEXA scan body fat test next month. I upped my calories from 1200 to 1600 to now 2200 (non workout days) and 2400 to 2500 calories (workout days). That helped me lose weight when I had plateaued. Making sure I ate enough protein helped too. My body requires around 1900 calories just to breathe. Based on my lean muscle mass which is 139.6 pounds of my body mass.

I used to weigh this when I was younger. I'm 34 now. I have more muscle now. My lean muscle mass (139.6 lbs) alone is almost my old body weight. It's funny now. That people who haven't seen me in a while think I'm smaller than I was in college. I tell them no I actually weigh more now. They don't believe it.
    Angelbeee wrote: »

Yep she definitely carries her weight well. My goal is 175 for this exact reason.

It's definitely a doable goal. I thought my goal weight would need to be much lower than 170 but after I saw how my body was changing. I don't think I can get much lower than 165 really without sacrificing my lean muscle mass which I don't want to do.

You look fantastic!! I also have a higher goal than most would think. It's not the number, it's how you feel and look and stay strong! Way to go!
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    traceyc83 wrote: »
    I don't have any pictures because I hate getting my picture taken. I'm 32 and am about 5'6" and I started out at 221(my heaviest) in mid July 2015. I finally was able to give up junk food (my addiction) and I started working out 5-6 days a week (I love exercise) and I started praying for God to give me the strength to say no to the foods that were tempting me. Currently(may 2016) I am down 45lbs and I'm weighing in at 176. I plateaued for a few months and just recently started losing again. Id like to lose another 20lbs, and I have faith that it will come eventually. I can see and feel the difference and it's amazing! I can't wait to see how I feel when I actually meet my goal. Keep up the the great work all you MFP people! You've all been very inspiring.

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    Philippians 4:13

My thoughts exactly! I love that scripture verse, one of my favorites. Keep up the wonderful work, your doing wonderful <3
  • minusblindfold25
    minusblindfold25 Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I haven't figured out how to post pics yet ,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!