Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I learned not to invest too much time on people here. They will kick you to the curb as soon as someone else sparks their interest.

Girl...that's why I don't crush anymore. Everything is fleeting around here.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I learned not to invest too much time on people here. They will kick you to the curb as soon as someone else sparks their interest.

What?!?! someone did this to you? what an idiot
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Men like compliments. They even post long articles about how hard it is being a man and not getting enough compliments. It's a big issue they talk about on reddit.

That sounds true . Guys give compliments to women all the time . MFP is just one small example of that . Women give less to men i think because women know just instintively that some guys just will never let up and stop annoying them basically if they think a girl even 10% likes them . When a woman gives a real proper compliment , pay close attention because she likes you . No woman is going to draw a guy on her she does not like alot , so she will be careful with whom she compliments . And yes guys love when a girl for example might fix his tie and say looking good handsome , with those come get me now eyes .
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

What?!?! someone did this to you? what an idiot

Yep... I hear you on that one
    finny11122 wrote: »
    Men like compliments. They even post long articles about how hard it is being a man and not getting enough compliments. It's a big issue they talk about on reddit.

That sounds true . Guys give compliments to women all the time . MFP is just one small example of that . Women give less to men i think because women know just instintively that some guys just will never let up and stop annoying them basically if they think a girl even 10% likes them . When a woman gives a real proper compliment , pay close attention because she likes you . No woman is going to draw a guy on her she does not like alot , so she will be careful with whom she compliments . And yes guys love when a girl for example might fix his tie and say looking good handsome , with those come get me now eyes .

I like giving compliments. And on here, people are more accepting of them than sometimes they are face to face, because some people get uncomfortable when you say something nice about them (I am one of those IRL).
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I've learned that people make up sh**t just for the sake of making it up. Take these for example:

TMI Tuesday
    Hump Day Wednesday
    Filter Friday.

WTF? The thing is these are actual things on MFP. Admittedly, I've participated in TMI Tuesday once, since all the cool kids were doing it. B) Not so cool anymore.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I've learned that people make up sh**t just for the sake of making it up. Take these for example:

TMI Tuesday
    Hump Day Wednesday
    Filter Friday.

WTF? The thing is these are actual things on MFP. Admittedly, I've participated in TMI Tuesday once, since all the cool kids were doing it. B) Not so cool anymore.

I've hear of Frisky Friday too
    Tittie Tuesday. Thighsday which I think is Thursday
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    lmao @ Tittie Tuesday smh...only on MFP ladies and gentlemen.
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    People tend to take themselves way too seriously. It's the internet. Most people are here to get their egos stroked and feelings validated.
  • synchkat
    Options
    People uses to get really miffed when they'd be punishes on Frisky Friday. I'm sorry but do you tally need to post your boobs under a white t shirt that you got from your child's drawer?
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    are you saying you didnt like my tight white tshirt pics @synchkat ? thats not what you said in PM to me :s
  • synchkat
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    are you saying you didnt like my tight white tshirt pics @synchkat ? thats not what you said in PM to me :s

Um...ya remember I'm Canadian....we're always polite
  • Sugarmuse
    Sugarmuse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Things that I have learned

Nope, not coming up with anything that I didn't already know. I use the site to log my food and post funny things here. Treat people how I want to be treated and let everything else slide off. I know who I am, what I want, and where I belong. I also believe that just because I might meet and speak with someone only for a moment, a day, a year, or a lifetime, everyone has something to give, to learn, and to teach in even the tiniest of moments. What you decide to take out of it and how you choose to view that interaction is up to you. Personally, I'm thankful for them all. And to top that off..

tumblr_mxnijvTlP91s46h7vo1_500.jpg

Cheers!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Awesome ^^^
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I don't understand the appeal of the person above you threads. Over fours years on mfp and still haven't learned what the appeal is. And don't want to.

I think it's an opportunity for people here to be free to say whatever they want to other people, either nice or very unkind. Technically one can't complain because one joined the thread and agreed to take the risk. I chirped in on the person above you threads a couple of times and met with both reactions. I found it was addictive and I was checking back too often and tempted to keep on adding to the chatter which would have been a major time waster, as I see it. I've got floors to scrub, books to read, sunny walks to take, drives to the Chinese joint to make, overtime shifts to work, etc.

But seriously, if I was unemployed I'd probably partake in these threads from time to time.

I've found its mostly employed people at work on here :D

This is me, 90% of the time!
    The other 10%, I'm asleep!

Nah, I don't go on when I'm training clients but in between and at my other job. MFP is my favourite place to be!
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options

Pfff you got off easy, @synckat made me take mine off!! Multiple times! @rebel_26
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I don't understand the appeal of the person above you threads. Over fours years on mfp and still haven't learned what the appeal is. And don't want to.

I think it's an opportunity for people here to be free to say whatever they want to other people, either nice or very unkind. Technically one can't complain because one joined the thread and agreed to take the risk. I chirped in on the person above you threads a couple of times and met with both reactions. I found it was addictive and I was checking back too often and tempted to keep on adding to the chatter which would have been a major time waster, as I see it. I've got floors to scrub, books to read, sunny walks to take, drives to the Chinese joint to make, overtime shifts to work, etc.

But seriously, if I was unemployed I'd probably partake in these threads from time to time.

I've found its mostly employed people at work on here :D

This is me, 90% of the time!
    The other 10%, I'm asleep!

Nah, I don't go on when I'm training clients but in between and at my other job. MFP is my favourite place to be!

Your other job ..you mean back stage at the chippendale shows inbetween your performances :p ..it's one of my faves too..I get the attraction
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    henshemi wrote: »

Pfff you got off easy, @synckat made me take mine off!! Multiple times! @rebel_26

And for that we will be forever grateful to @synchkat ;)