Pregnancy- July 2011

Options

Replies

• bzima
    bzima Posts: 10
    Options
    Okay so yesterday was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. DH bought me a dress to wear for the party and that was nice it was alot cooler then anythin else that I have to wear. The kids were great they played in the sand all day, but I have to say that this morning was kind of a slow start for all of us. Getting home at 10:30 is kind of hard so we didn't get up until late like 10:00. And right know my DD thinks that there are ants on the floor and she is like freaking out because she thinks that they are going to eat her and her blanket. You got to love the things that kids say sometimes:laugh:

But in other words the US is in two days and then I don't have to think about it again, and still praying that everything is alreight.:wink:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Maureen - I remember feeling exactly like that with my first. Due date came and went, I was at <1cm and maybe 30% effaced, and I swore that she had decided to stay in there forever (I even remember thinking that they would induce me and she still wouldn't come). She came, all on her own, 6 days past due, and she was barely 7 lbs so I know there was a reason for her waiting.
    Hang in there! You'll have your little one in your arms soon and it will all be worth it! :smile:
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    meokk- ooo going to maine sounds like a great idea! i may be going to the cape this coming weekend but i suspect it will be just as hot. oh well ill just swim all day! :happy:. Its nice to have someone whose due around the same time, is this your first baby? Is the boppy wedge the c-shaped pillow? Im getting married after baby, on feb 25th next year in new zealand! I'm glad that the wedding isnt coupled with the babies birth, but its abit more pressure to loose the baby weight

AnneElise- omg my mind wont be quiet! funnily enough breastfeeding was what was on my mind last night also, infact i dreamt that when the baby latched on there was a giant explosion of milk and the doctors etc. in the room were all clapping :laugh: so strange

Ron- its always such a treat to have dinner ready and waiting :)

Elizabeth- what is the exact date of the wedding? how exciting! I understand your stressed out but you know that on the day everything will go smoothly, or even if it dosent you'll be so happy you wont care :smile:

The first day of kicking the sweet tooth went really well, besides some unneeded crankiness towards my fiance' :noway: The second day went well until 8pm when after dinner I was handed a chocolate chip cookie from the bunch of groceries we'd just done, it was freshly baked and so delicious that i had 2 more!:ohwell: BUT seeing the error of my ways i went for an extra long gym session today and feel like im back on track haha.
    My exciting excusrion for the day was going to TJ maxx to buy 4 new pairs of underwear, thanks to my washing machine ripping holes in the vital region of almost all of my other pairs :sad: But i guess whats more worrying is that this counts as the exciting event of my day :laugh:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Bethany- Glad that your day went pretty well! I hope that time goes fast so you can get your US to make sure nothing is wrong! Will be thinking about you.

Melissa- Great job on trying to kick the sweet tooth and the extra workout!

Did anyone else's face start breaking out again towards the end? It went awhile for awhile but today whew, I have a couple of spots again :(
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I made my first prenatal appointment for Tuesday!...I guess I'll be getting paperwork, labwork, and maybe check to see if she can find the heartbeat?! It's always such a reassuring sound <3 With my first I found out the gender at 13 weeks, so I may not have too much longer to wait til we can find out for this one! I have been feeling my first baby flutters for the past week or so. It's such a sweet feeling!

Good luck to all you mommies waiting! You'll be holding those sweet babies soon!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else's face start breaking out again towards the end? It went awhile for awhile but today whew, I have a couple of spots again :(

YES! Right at 36 weeks, too.

The good news is the zits popped up all at once within a matter of a couple of days but new ones haven't popped up since then. The bad news is I still have the marks on my face from the zits that popped up (like 5 or 6 of them popped up at the same time and I normally have pretty clear skin).
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    My grandpa passed away today. It was hard, but he is in a better place. Before I really wanted to go into labor asap, but the funeral is Thursday, so I hope that as soon as that is over then I can meet my sweet little girl. Today I kind of felt like that is why she has been waiting, just to let me get through this with my family first.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My grandpa passed away today. It was hard, but he is in a better place. Before I really wanted to go into labor asap, but the funeral is Thursday, so I hope that as soon as that is over then I can meet my sweet little girl. Today I kind of felt like that is why she has been waiting, just to let me get through this with my family first.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa! Sounds like your baby knows what's best right now and hopefully you can heal. I worked with hospice patients and as hard as it is to see them go, I always felt at peace knowing that they aren't in pain and suffering anymore but know how much it hurts for the family to lose those precious ones. Thoughts and prayers are with you!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lindseyjones1717
    Lindseyjones1717 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Bump :o)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Rachael --- Hugs to you and your family! I'm glad that you can feel at peace with it. When my grandpa passed, it was after years of senile dementia and heart failure, and we were all expecting it. I cried the days leading up, but when grandma called and said he'd died, I felt relief more than anything. But, I did ball like a baby at the funeral. He died a month before our wedding, and I felt like it was a blessing because he could be there in spirit (where he wouldn't have been able to attend if he'd been alive). Hoping that baby cooperates and lets you go to the funeral!

Between being out of just about everything and on a lousy emotional roller-coster, it was not a great food day. But we can grocery shopping in the morning and hopefully stock up on good stuff again. Good thing one bad day won't hurt the baby ... must remember to take my vitamins tonight!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Hugs Rachael!
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Rachael – My prayers are with your family at this sad time.

Elizabeth – Congratulations on your wedding. No matter what happens, it will still be a beautiful memory!

Maureen – I hope that you enjoyed the Nats game. We’re going to the PNats game at the end of the month. My soonest was my first at 6 days overdue so I understand how you are feeling. Sometimes they just take a little longer to bake!

Stacy – I hope that you have a fabulous appointment!

Bethany – Keeping you in my prayers that everything is fine at the US. Hopefully it was just the tech not getting the necessary image and not something wrong with the baby,

Breastfeeding – especially your first if you don’t have a strong support network – takes some determination and “I’m going to make this work” attitude. There are a lot of ways that society sabotages nursing moms with the best of intentions. I’m really happy to offer support here if you need it!

Melissa – good job on cutting back the sweets. Since going off my metformin, I’ve had a really challenging time with sweets.

Michelle – 1st appt. How Exciting!

Julz – we all have days like that. I was blessed last night in my 11 yo offering to make the spaghetti that her younger brother asked for for dinner. She did an awesome job and her brother cleaned up after dinner so I got spoiled!

Exercise Challenge for last week:
    M: Bike Riding 58 minutes
    T: Bike Riding 50 minutes, Walking 21 minutes
    W: Bike Riding 61 minutes, Walking 25 minutes
    H: Easy Rest due to contractions
    F: Easy Rest
    S: Walking 73 minutes
    U: Does cleaning up the kids rooms, game and sport closet and school room count in addition to regular housework?

As for today – we are held hostage by needing a plumber to come and snake out the HVAC drain. We’ve had water building up around it for the last week and ended up turning off the A/C to prevent any more getting into the carpet. I’m hoping to get out and bike ride, but I think that Code Orange weather and the plumber are going to kill that dream. Maybe we can still get to the gym this afternoon though.

Now returning to Baby Watch July 2011!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Michelle- Yea for first apt! I hope things go well! 13 weeks is pretty early to find out! No one around here would even venture a guess that early for me!

Julie- uhg, I was like what on earth, glad I am not alone!

Rachael- I am sorry for the loss of your grandpa. My grandma passed this last September but had been in a nursing home for over 10 years. I remember being sad remembering the great times with her but being so happy she was no longer suffering. I will be thinking about you and your family.

Julz- You are right, 1 bad food day won’t hurt baby (at least I hope not looking at the 4 ice cream sandwiches I ate yesterday… 3 came right back up but hey). I hope you are able to get back to your groove today!

Katrina- That’s so nice about your kids and dinner :) Sounds very sweet. Uhg, hope the plumber makes it to your house soon! Great job on the exercise. I think that extra cleaning beyond the usual counts as a workout!

AFM: I had some new pains and aches last night, still not sure what is what. I think I have had some contractions but I don’t really know because I can’t tell when they end if that makes sense? I feel the tense up but never feel it release? I am excited for my apt. this afternoon. I just feel like I need to talk to my midwife about things. I really need to dash my hopes down about there being some progress at the check (my mom and sister both dilated really early with their pregnancies) because I will be disappointed if there is nothing (like there probably is). I may ask my midwife if I can walk again (the one last week told me not too) but I don’t think it is helping make any of my symptoms better and I miss it.

Maria- Did we have a baby over the weekend???
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Julie & Maureen- I was hoping to see some new baby pictures on here this weekend :wink: Hopefully this week for you two instead :smile:

Rachael- Prayers for you and your family. So sorry for the loss of your Grandpa :frown: I don’t doubt that is why your little one has been waiting to come into this world. Things happen certain ways for a reason :heart:

Anne- Hope your appointment goes well for you this afternoon and puts your mind at ease a little. For me with the BH contractions if I don't physically feel them release just from the muscles in my belly I can often tell if I feel/press on belly a little because it is no longer tight/hard as a rock.

Ron- We have a Smoky Bones too but our's is an hour away as well :laugh:

Julz- Glad you got such a good deal on a bathing suit! Who doesn't love saving money and a deal!

Our weekend getaway/babymoon at the beach was nice but, exhausting! The place that I had made reservations for online turned out to be a DISASTER! We weren’t even there for 2 minutes before we decided we would be leaving. The door was wide open when we went to unlock it, dead bugs/moths SMEARED all over the walls, a/c did not work or come on for that matter and I went to touch the bed post and it came off in my hand! Lucky for them, they gave us a refund and we found a better place to stay that was right on the beach.
    We were right around the area where there is a bunch of outlet shops and let me tell you that is the place to go if you are having a boy and find that the shopping selection is slim to none in all the normal retail stores. Carters, Oshkosh, The Children’s Place etc. We got a bunch of stuff for basically 20% of the sticker price!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts are prayers. You ladies are always so sweet and thoughtful. I do really feel at peace with it, and I know he is better off now.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Rachael - I'm so sorry.

Our internet is down at home for some reason so I'm on my phone. I've decided not to go back to work because I'm having a terrible time sleeping and my contractions have gotten a lot stronger and more crampy over the weekend. I'm about to get on the treadmill and walk until it hurts (which doesnt take long at this point :laugh:). Then I think I have to go grocery shopping because I 've let all of our staples run out thinking baby was going to show up soon. At this point I'm expecting to have my OB break my water on Wed if they offer so I guess baby will be here Wednesday night or Thursday. i don't expect her before then. Wow, most boring post ever! :laugh:
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenge for last week:
    M: Bike Riding 58 minutes
    T: Bike Riding 50 minutes, Walking 21 minutes
    W: Bike Riding 61 minutes, Walking 25 minutes
    H: Easy Rest due to contractions
    F: Easy Rest
    S: Walking 73 minutes
    U: Does cleaning up the kids rooms, game and sport closet and school room count in addition to regular housework?

wow what amazing goals! and cleaning most definitly counts :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Rachael :flowerforyou:

CollinsClan - breastfeeding - with my first I had this issue too - low supply on one side only. The left always has way less (same as with my first), though I do rotate equally. I know they say how it feels is no indication of supply - overall it's generally fine between the two (the right one always looks much bigger though :ohwell: I'm lopsided) but, for example last night, feeding him before bed I fed both sides as long as he would do (which is only about 5 mins ea - cardiac babies feed shorter more often, I'm not supposed to go over 10-15 mins a feeding or it starts to be counter productive on his metabolism) anyway - I know he got some because I could hear him swallowing but he fizzled out and got really cranky and was sucking but not swallowing. I ended up grabbing some out of the freezer and he took down another nearly 2 ounces easy. There's no way he was going to get that much sucking! I wouldn't say it's an overall problem, but it is definitely an intermittent problem. Currently we're going about every 3 hrs (day and night, sometimes as long as 4). Sometimes more if he falls asleep 1/2 way through. He usually empties them fine, though doesn't always feed on both sides each time. I sometimes pump intermittently - probably once per day at least to get a really good drain on both if I feel like he hasn't recently.

Tips?
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Victoria – hope you had fun at the picnic. I do not want to be pregnant in the summer again either, but more because of the heat than anything else.

Michelle – I never thought of papaya to help heartburn, thanks for the tip.

Elizabeth – yea for your wedding!!! Remember that not everything will go as planned. I lost track of all the things that went wrong on my wedding day, but it was still a wonderful day and all I really remember is being so happy.

Katrina – that’s great about the bed, it’s always good to have extra storage.

Melissa – I’m going for my gestational diabetes test this week so I’m trying to stay away from the sweets too. It’s a lot harder for me than I think it should be.

Rachael – I’m so sorry about your grandpa. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. ::hugs::

Anne – Good luck at your appointment today! Hopefully new pains you’re feeling are progress!!!

Danielle – I’m sorry the place you booked was so bad, but I’m glad you were able to find a better place to stay and had a good time.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

No baby here yet. I was really hoping for a 7/11/11 birth. Oh well I don't think that's going to happen. My contractions are getting stronger and feeling more/stronger menstrual like cramping. I'm really hoping for baby to come sometime before the 14th. TMI but I've also had a major clean out again last night.

Racheal: I'm sorry for your loss but i'm glad you feel at peace. *hug*