New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    tryett wrote: »
    Found these at Walmart yesterday. They came in 3 flavors and were $1.58 each. kseqxrvt9ffh.jpeg
    9koqa7qet53g.jpeg
    I have tried all three flavors. Banana is my least favorite. The vanilla bean is good but the key line is my favorite.

There was something about the Oatmeal I couldn't stand! I love their yogurts, but the oatmeal was a big nope!

How are the Quaker Oatmeal in the cups?

I would buy more of the Kodiak Minute Muffins if the price wasn't $1.99 per container. Kodiak also has an Oatmeal that looked like it was a new product at Giant.

I have some of the pancake/waffle mix in their original flavor to try.

I was pretty unimpressed with the oatmeal, it was almost paste like texture and I think that was what was off putting. I'll eat what I have and probably buy one of the brown sugar ones to try.

I like the Quaker but my favorite oatmeal cups are the Nature Valley Protein ones.

I have the Minute Muffins and Minute Flapjack cups and love them. I hit up every Target I could when they were on sale for $1.29 each. They also had the box mixes 2/$7 so I bought 3 different ones to try. I haven't seen Kodiak oatmeal but when I do I'll definitely be trying it.

@hgycta have you tried the Kodiak oatmeal yet?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Also, not new, but I picked up one of the Lenny and Larry''s Complete Cookies in Lemon Poppyseed. I have to say, it's the first one to me that doesn't taste like plastic. I kinda like that one.
    I dont normally like lemon but thats a good flavor

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Also, not new, but I picked up one of the Lenny and Larry''s Complete Cookies in Lemon Poppyseed. I have to say, it's the first one to me that doesn't taste like plastic. I kinda like that one.
    I dont normally like lemon but thats a good flavor

It doesn't help that I keep thinking it would be good with the tub of cream cheese frosting I have in the fridge..heh..
  • dragon_girl26
    edited September 2016
    Options
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

Ugh...my phone is being a jerk today, so had to fire up the laptop for pics..

Anyway, since GNC is running the sale on snacks, I picked up some last night. Really excited about the Oh Yeah One bars, since the birthday cake is a run away favorite of mine. Also, I noticed that Lenny and Larry's has Muscle Brownies. I didn't pick one up, but wondering if anyone else had tried one..
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

Anyway, since GNC is running the sale on snacks, I picked up some last night. Really excited about the Oh Yeah One bars, since the birthday cake is a run away favorite of mine. Also, I noticed that Lenny and Larry's has Muscle Brownies. I didn't pick one up, but wondering if anyone else had tried one..

Sale on snacks??? I love those Buff Bake cookies, what sale are they having and for how long!?! o.o
    Found these at Walmart yesterday. They came in 3 flavors and were $1.58 each. kseqxrvt9ffh.jpeg
    9koqa7qet53g.jpeg
    I have tried all three flavors. Banana is my least favorite. The vanilla bean is good but the key line is my favorite.

There was something about the Oatmeal I couldn't stand! I love their yogurts, but the oatmeal was a big nope!

I would buy more of the Kodiak Minute Muffins if the price wasn't $1.99 per container. Kodiak also has an Oatmeal that looked like it was a new product at Giant.

I was pretty unimpressed with the oatmeal, it was almost paste like texture and I think that was what was off putting. I'll eat what I have and probably buy one of the brown sugar ones to try.

I like the Quaker but my favorite oatmeal cups are the Nature Valley Protein ones.

I have the Minute Muffins and Minute Flapjack cups and love them. I hit up every Target I could when they were on sale for $1.29 each. They also had the box mixes 2/$7 so I bought 3 different ones to try. I haven't seen Kodiak oatmeal but when I do I'll definitely be trying it.

No I have not, although I love their minute muffins and pancake mix! I haven't really seen their oatmeal or if I have, I don't remember it and probably wouldn't buy it anyways. Honestly oatmeal just doesn't do it for me as much as I try. I got really excited last cyber monday when MyOatmeal.com had their BOGO sale on customized oatmeal which is such a cool idea so I bought four bags of it but I hardly even finished one before giving the rest to my family :p
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

Sale on snacks??? I love those Buff Bake cookies, what sale are they having and for how long!?! o.o
    9koqa7qet53g.jpeg

No I have not, although I love their minute muffins and pancake mix! I haven't really seen their oatmeal or if I have, I don't remember it and probably wouldn't buy it anyways. Honestly oatmeal just doesn't do it for me as much as I try. I got really excited last cyber monday when MyOatmeal.com had their BOGO sale on customized oatmeal which is such a cool idea so I bought four bags of it but I hardly even finished one before giving the rest to my family :p

I'm not sure if it was just through the weekend or what, but my local GNC had buy 3, get one free on all of their snacks. Not sure if that's running in every store or not...I assume it is.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

I had the triple chocolate muscle brownie and it really wasn't bad at all to satisfy a craving... but still high calorie so I'm not sure I'll bother again.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

Haha look what I picked up today! mfgdb30sz42b.jpeg
    ujx56qghw1t2.jpeg

• dragon_girl26
    Options
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

ujx56qghw1t2.jpeg

Is that the first time you've had the Buff Bake cookies? The guy at GNC last night told me they were "different". Sounds promising....lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Yes @Dragongirl76 I've never had them before but was interested in trying them after I saw the review of the bday cake one on here. I love the lenny and larry cookies so am excited to try these. I'll be interested in seeing what you think of them too lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

ujx56qghw1t2.jpeg

Is that the first time you've had the Buff Bake cookies? The guy at GNC last night told me they were "different". Sounds promising....lol

I had the birthday cake one. It was ok. Tastes more like snickerdoodle. Just not very filling for the calories again.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    http://www.kodiakcakes.com/oatmeal/

Must find this in a store near me!!!!
  • Imagine_if
    Imagine_if Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Had an Atkins Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar for the first time... As long as I've got one of these, I seriously never need to eat a regular candy bar again :o00v5zy00i2nd.jpg

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

ujx56qghw1t2.jpeg

I can't wait to read your review on what you think of the birthday cake bar!
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

ujx56qghw1t2.jpeg

I had the birthday cake one. It was ok. Tastes more like snickerdoodle. Just not very filling for the calories again.

Hmm, I may try the snickerdoodle one tomorrow, then. Kinda been underwhelmed with most of the cookies so far. I'm hopeful about the protein bars, though...oatmeal chocolate chip is my favorite cookie so I'm hoping the Quest bar isn't too far off the mark.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

wg1s8aqytfbu.jpg

ujx56qghw1t2.jpeg

Hmm, I may try the snickerdoodle one tomorrow, then. Kinda been underwhelmed with most of the cookies so far. I'm hopeful about the protein bars, though...oatmeal chocolate chip is my favorite cookie so I'm hoping the Quest bar isn't too far off the mark.

I really want to hear your opinion of the birthday cake bars! Hopefully it'll be better than MusclePharm. I love MusclePharm, don't get be wrong, but their birthday cake combat crunch bar tasted like lemons not birthday cake -.-

As for the cookies, I'm the one who reviewed the birthday cake flavor previously. I found it filling, but I guess each person is unique and I did cheat by having half a scoop of protein powder blended with almond milk with it so my stomach was pretty full. I loved the cookies, haven't tried any other flavors yet! Very good texture, much more moist than Lenny & Larry's in my opinion. Hopefully you like them!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    It's not new, but I just got my tub of Quest Chocolate Milkshake protein powder today. Mixed it with plain water and ice in the Nutribullet And I swear it tastes like a Wendy's Frosty. Got sampler packets of the other flavors and can't wait to try them mixed in to 0% Fage. Not to be all Questy--but the new blueberry bars are delicious too.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Okay, many of you sound like protein bar aficionados. Please rank your top three brands & their best flavors. (I haven't tried any except Kind and I like FiberOne bars.)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Okay, many of you sound like protein bar aficionados. Please rank your top three brands & their best flavors. (I haven't tried any except Kind and I like FiberOne bars.)

NOT QUEST. I hate quest bars now because they have a strange flavor to them that just doesn't taste too good. Hard to explain but almost like a "splenda and corn" taste. But everyone else still seems to like them so maybe you shouldn't trust me :wink: (I used to eat 4-5 a day before recipe change)

My favorite NOW are...
    -Probar Core chocolate chip cookie dough (only downside of these top three is less protein per calories than I'd like, I prefer about 20g per 200cal)
    -Probar Core chocolate bliss
    -Clif builder chocolate hazelnut
    -Oh yeah one! bar cinnamon roll and white chocolate raspberry
    -Power bar triple threat chocolate caramel brownie
    -Fitjoy cinnamon roll
    -B Up cookie dough