Update Stronglifts and Kettlebell transformation! Pictures!

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squat-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 150

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing- 20 X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look like a brickhouse. And that is slang for smokin hot body!
  • luvstheocean
    luvstheocean Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @fanncy0626 Wow.. What amazing results you have had! I am inspired to pick up a kettle bell!

You will not be disappointed! I love the results and how strong I feel. I feel as though my skeletal system is strengthening as well.

I am going to take your word for it! L0L! I guess proof is in the pudding .. as the saying goes... ( your the pudding) I started today, at 3x10x10lbs. Needing to look into a 15 pounder . Thank you for the inspiration!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @fanncy0626 Wow.. What amazing results you have had! I am inspired to pick up a kettle bell!

You will not be disappointed! I love the results and how strong I feel. I feel as though my skeletal system is strengthening as well.

I am going to take your word for it! L0L! I guess proof is in the pudding .. as the saying goes... ( your the pudding) I started today, at 3x10x10lbs. Needing to look into a 15 pounder . Thank you for the inspiration!

Yeah! Let me know if you need any help!
  • luvstheocean
    Options

Yeah! Let me know if you need any help!

Wonderful .. I will! :)
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X7X 40
    Week four, day two of transitioning from the 35 to the 40 pound kettle bell. I actually feel as though I am getting a good workout now. TMI I am actually working up a sweat. I can also feel that my heart rate is up during and after the swings.

5 miles
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Started the five week basic MWF like you suggested. I feel it! Thank you Fanncy, you may as well start your blog for all your "Fanncy Fans."
  • luvstheocean
    Options
    @fanncy0626 I am looking into the 5 week program. Can you tell me what the "see director" means?

unjs9j4munsz.png
  • luvstheocean
    Options
    Thank you!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @fanncy0626 I am looking into the 5 week program. Can you tell me what the "see director" means?

It was cut off it actually is "see directions".
    fdqs4a03301u.jpeg

For the single arm press -
    1. set timer for 8 minutes
    2. Press with one hand then switch to the other for 5 reps
    3. Then 4 reps...
    4. Then 3...
    5. Then 2...
    6. Then1...
    7. Then rest for the remainder of the 8 minutes.
    8. Then do pull-ups the same as above with little rest time in between.
    16 minutes total time. If you can't do pull-ups try negative pull-ups or other suggestions by Google.
  • luvstheocean
    Options
    @fanncy0626 I just lost my post... :s I wanted to say thank you for your help!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @fanncy0626 I just lost my post... :s I wanted to say thank you for your help!

You are very welcome! Let me know if you need any help!
  • luvstheocean
    Options

It was cut off it actually is "see directions".
    fdqs4a03301u.jpeg

For the single arm press -
    1. set timer for 8 minutes
    2. Press with one hand then switch to the other for 5 reps
    3. Then 4 reps...
    4. Then 3...
    5. Then 2...
    6. Then1...
    7. Then rest for the remainder of the 8 minutes.
    8. Then do pull-ups the same as above with little rest time in between.
    16 minutes total time. If you can't do pull-ups try negative pull-ups or other suggestions by Google.

I goggled yesterday single arm presses not knowing if you could do with one kettlebell? I was happy to see that you could which cuts the cost in half. The video talked of cleaning the bell as it states here. I think the press will take the most effort/ time to get good form? Thank you for the pull ups suggestions, I do have access to a lateral pulldown set up.
  • marybowldseddington
    Options
    I have not yet tried kettle bell but I too use strong lifts and have lost 22lb so far from 162 down to 136. I was a size 12 to a size 4-6. I swear by it! I hate cardio! I do Zumba just because I love to dance but that is only 2 times a week for fun. My main workouts are 39-40 minutes of strong lifts. I don't even do it three days a week and have fell off and on at certain times including recovery from breast augmentation and still had great results over the course of two years!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    marybowlseddington - congratulations on your success! Your numbers are amazing! I love Stronglift 5X5 as well! It is definitely what got me to lose the inches and tone my muscles. I was looking for something to do on my rest day that wasn't really considered cardio. I really do not like cardio! I tried Zumba as well because I like to dance but dreaded the hour workout. Now I do the kettle bell for up to 28 minutes but, worktime is only really one third that time and rest time is two thirds. It also enhances your lift weight amounts. So it is a win-win situation!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BR-5X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 3X 10 X 35

5 miles
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    I have not yet tried kettle bell but I too use strong lifts and have lost 22lb so far from 162 down to 136. I was a size 12 to a size 4-6. I swear by it! I hate cardio! I do Zumba just because I love to dance but that is only 2 times a week for fun. My main workouts are 39-40 minutes of strong lifts. I don't even do it three days a week and have fell off and on at certain times including recovery from breast augmentation and still had great results over the course of two years!

How long did it take you to lose this weight?

Michele

• 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I started the kettlebell swing yesterday with my 10 lb weight. What does 20 3x 10x 35 mean?
    Don't mean to be dumb but I am interested in adding this into my hand weight routine.
    Right now I do a series exercises with 5 and 8 lb weights.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    0505jen wrote: »
    I started the kettlebell swing yesterday with my 10 lb weight. What does 20 3x 10x 35 mean?
    Don't mean to be dumb but I am interested in adding this into my hand weight routine.
    Right now I do a series exercises with 5 and 8 lb weights.

Yay for you! I hope you enjoy it!
    I must have had a typo it is supposed to be 23X10X35, which means 23 sets of 10 reps with 35 pound kettle bell. Get the swing timer app. You could enter 20 seconds of worktime 40 seconds of rest time for one minute intervals per set. That would take 23 minutes for that particular work out that I did.
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I know this is going to sound like a dumb question but, do you do strong lifts with kettle bells or is that with the gym type equiptment
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!