Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    Options
    @kayfhoward1 The World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as "a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." I agree with your approach to address all three. But take it easy. It is the small livable changes that last the longest.
    <3 Rach
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share- There was something eating at me all last week, and when something eats at me, I tend to medicate with food to make it go away (even if its only temporarily eased). I struggled last week and I failed at times but this is a new week, I have identified the problem and I know what to do about it. Easy and pleasant? NO but @birgitkwood and I know, the first step is the hardest, so I have a solution and all I need to do is implement it. I've come too far to let this ruin all the progress I have made. So as @grandmakay says, "Onward and downward!"
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    I have been good today, but not perfect. :sigh: I guess I'm still human. Oh well!
    I cooked complex (for me) meals for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner! :open_mouth: Wha!?! No pizza?!
    Now I am waiting to see if I want/need any more food tonight. Craving donuts and fudge. :angry: but I'd rather see a lower number on the scale next Saturday o:)
    <3 Rach
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach We'll get by with a little help from our friends!
  • kayfhoward1
    kayfhoward1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @kayfhoward1 The World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as "a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." I agree with your approach to address all three. But take it easy. It is the small livable changes that last the longest.
    <3 Rach

Thank you, and I am. I know it isn't gonna happen overnight but it will happen. On a side note, I work in long-term care in medical records. My job includes data entry so I deal with coding and such. I find it hilarious when talking about WHO how many people think I'm referring to the band.
  • curvymegan89
    curvymegan89 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In
    It's been a while since I've commented - I've just come back from 2 weeks in Japan. I didn't calorie count and I didn't wear my Fitbit. I had the most amazing time eating all of the foods and snacks.
    My weight crept back up, and I've restarted CICO and am working towards losing 10kg before the end of the year.
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    Monday Check-in I decided I needed a day off yesterday. My hips and knees were so painful. I didn't make my step goal and I didn't count calories. My aches and pains are so much better today but we are in a new week now and I'm ready to head out after my goal again. Maybe not right now, the bed is calling me back but later today! haha Everybody have a great week!
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 Thanks friend :wink:
    @pneschich Beautiful photo of paradise! Glad you enjoyed. You should come stay on a Florida beach sometime! I reccomend Panama City Beach or Sanibel. Both are on the gulf. I dont know much about the Atlantic side of the state. Maybe someday. :smile:
    @kayfhoward1 That is so funny :lol: I graduated college with an AS for coding in 07 but couldnt find a job for it near by my home. I am sure it has changed alot since then.
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 you must have posted while i was posting. Sorry about your pains. Good for you taking a day for yourself to relax. I was like you this morning wanting to go back to bed. But instead I got my mug o joe and took a nice n easy slow 20-25 min coffee stroll around the block! Got to see some kitties in the neighborhood! And a couple cardinals :smile: Now i am ready to start my day!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I had a good weekend. DH went for a walk with me. I was delighted that even with his cane he was able to keep up with my usual 20 min. mile pace. We walked 2 miles. That is the first time we have gone for a walk together since his accident a year ago in July.
    I'm one of those people who likes to weigh daily and use the scales for motivation. It works for me. Today I am down 9.2# since I started almost 6 weeks ago. I am delighted. I hope that holds up on Thursday when I will record my weight.
    Yesterday I started on Shakeology. My daughter is a Beach Body coach and has been trying to convince me to try it. I think that it is quite expensive, but if it would solve my chronic constipation problems like it has for many people, it may be worth it. I will use it as a substitute for my lunch. It is pretty nutrition dense. I hope that it works.
    Let's make this week a great one. I love October weather. It is really beautiful here right now.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check - In ... I had another 'good' week, in that my weight has inched a few ounces down from last Monday morning. However I am still close to 3 pounds away from reaching my goal that I set back on May 23rd.

Like @kaye- I weigh myself every day. That started for me at my doctors request. However, I only check-in 3 weights per week ... Monday, Thursday, Sunday.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    I am pleased to report that last week I ate healthy the whole week and it was not difficult which was nice.
    I am not doing weigh ins because they fuel my disordered thinking and actions. However I feel better in myself and by all laws of science I must be losing weight as I am eating right.

@grandmakaye44;37823615 I find freshly ground flax seed,plenty of green veg and water ensure regularity.

Here's wishing everyone a great week :)
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and, although my weight is higher than I'd like it to be, this mornings weight was the lowest of the week so far. :smile:
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have 100lbs to loose and this is my third attempt. I am hopeful :-) I am from Ireland, a mum, a student and have a job. I have been over weight all my life except for late twenties where I lost probably 100lbs (I was too afraid of the scales to weigh myself back then!) I am also a vegetarian so find the carb / protein balance challenging. Looking forward to following everyones stories
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    @veggie16mfp I guess if you're a vegetarian, then you'll be eating lots of tofu and such. Good luck! o:)
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    dreawest wrote:
    As of today I'm officially less than 300lbs (Now to just quiet the little voice in me that points out this is not the first time I've done this - whats to stop the backslide this time).
    Hope everyone is doing well.

Congratulations on reaching 200's. I lost it all twice not to mention all the smaller constant yoyo diets for 25 years solid. Here I am having to lose it all again. I believe there does come a point where we finally learn the " it's a lifestyle not a diet" thing. We have had enough practice runs and learning experiences, this time it is time for the lesson to stick. Just decide not to be defeated.

• Jvonnelh
    Jvonnelh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey gang...I'd love to be a part of this support family!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Monday check in. I had a good exercise week. 16 miles walking that were logged. I'm pretty sure I got another 3-5 unclogged this weekend. 15 miles is my goal. Kayaking Saturday 30 min and Sunday for about 45 minutes of paddling and a good 40 of bobbing up and down off shore, enjoying the sounds and the sun on the water. Weight wise I am exactly where I was almost a month ago! Not happy about that. I have been looking at my log and don't see where I'm doing anything differently. I'm much better with weekends eating enough and weekdays hitting 1400-1600 calories. Anyone got any thoughts on that?