Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    That's my friend Mo "will work for doughnuts"

Only good ones though. None of that Krispy Kreme crap!

Amen. Preach it, sister!

You two crack me up. It's been years since I ate a doughnut

I feel compelled to eat one in your honor. Any specific requests?

While I don't like doughnuts and can't eat them anymore, I am curious about the DunkinDonut Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Square. Can you try one of those and report back?

I would try that...if there were Dunkin Donuts in Idaho. :'(

Wut? There are no Dunkin Donuts at all? I can't even wrap my brain around that. I pass 4 of them on my 10 mile commute to work.

ETA that if I go three more blocks up the road once I reach my office, there's another one.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »

Amen. Preach it, sister!

Not unless you can get a pumpkin one like my local "not Krispy Kreme crap" shop makes. It comes with cream cheese frosting. (think pumpkin roll)

That sounds amazing.

It is amazing and since I was diagnosed with celiac the week of Thanksgiving, the last one I had was the last real doughnut I had.
    I have tried gf ones, but they just aren't worth the calories or money.
    OTOH, I could make myself a pumpkin spice cake now, freeze individual pieces and eat it from now until Christmas. Hmm....weekend project, maybe.

I could go for that. Do you think you would have it till Christmas? You have others ing the house that may eat it up. I suspect that you will have to make several buy the time Christmas comes around.

Yes, actually, I could make it last until Christmas. If I freeze a GF dessert I make, my kids know not to eat it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Krispy Kreme is good, lol. I especially love the chocolate iced glazed donut. It's definitely not the best donut shop around, but it does get the job done, lol.

So... I purchased a groupon for 2 - 50 minute sessions with a PT. I really liked the place and the PT, but I knew in my gut that the 2 sessions were going to be it b/c it's a PT gym so I knew the prices were going to be too rich for my comely budget.

He gave me the price sheet after our last session yesterday, and it took everything in me not to laugh out loud when I read the prices, but instead of just saying "I can't afford this," I lied through my teeth about checking my budget and making sure I could fit it in b/c I didn't want to reject him to his face or get the salesman spiel. My last PT I had, I just stopped making appointments b/c I couldn't afford it anymore.

Does/has this happen to anyone?

I've never done it to a PT, but I have done it to other sales people. Now that I have two college kids, it's not in the budget is always true and easy to say.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Krispy Kreme is good, lol. I especially love the chocolate iced glazed donut. It's definitely not the best donut shop around, but it does get the job done, lol.

So... I purchased a groupon for 2 - 50 minute sessions with a PT. I really liked the place and the PT, but I knew in my gut that the 2 sessions were going to be it b/c it's a PT gym so I knew the prices were going to be too rich for my comely budget.

He gave me the price sheet after our last session yesterday, and it took everything in me not to laugh out loud when I read the prices, but instead of just saying "I can't afford this," I lied through my teeth about checking my budget and making sure I could fit it in b/c I didn't want to reject him to his face or get the salesman spiel. My last PT I had, I just stopped making appointments b/c I couldn't afford it anymore.

I've never done it to a PT, but I have done it to other sales people. Now that I have two college kids, it's not in the budget is always true and easy to say.

Thank you. I'll send him an email and just say that b/c it's 100% true.
  • ladywishingstar
    ladywishingstar Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    it seems like everytime I actually get somewhere i sabotage myself. I ate so much candy and bad carby foods over the last week and gained my lost stalled weight back. Round 2 I guess lol
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Amen. Preach it, sister!

While I don't like doughnuts and can't eat them anymore, I am curious about the DunkinDonut Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Square. Can you try one of those and report back?

Wut? There are no Dunkin Donuts at all? I can't even wrap my brain around that. I pass 4 of them on my 10 mile commute to work.

ETA that if I go three more blocks up the road once I reach my office, there's another one.

In TX for the longest time there were none. They finally got one in the Dallas airport. I am always grateful. I didn't see a single DD in TN.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I just ate 2 d&d donuts. That was bad.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Yep. I interviewed a PT. She gave me her spiel. Sounded good and included stuff I didn't want or need. She gave me the price and I told her straight I couldn't afford her and if she couldn't adjust the package to remove elements I didn't want and adjust the price accordingly she should leave. She refused to negotiate
    I refused to pay for stuff I didn't want or get into debt for it
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    I just ate 2 d&d donuts. That was bad.

Did you log it? Did you fit it into your calories?
  • Ralphone
    Options
    I did log it and no no it did not fit .worse i did not work out . I know an epic fail.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I did log it and no no it did not fit .worse i did not work out . I know an epic fail.

Did you totally enjoy them. Do you find the occasional indulgence worth it. Did it satisfy your need or make you crave more sweets?
  • Ralphone
    Options
    It was ok lol .but thanks for the positive spin on it. Thanks
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Thank you. I'll send him an email and just say that b/c it's 100% true.

Glad I could help.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited October 2016
    Options

Amen. Preach it, sister!

In TX for the longest time there were none. They finally got one in the Dallas airport. I am always grateful. I didn't see a single DD in TN.

We have two in Kingsport. In Bristol, Blackbird Bakery is the place for coffee and doughnuts.
    ETA: Blackbird Bakery is in VA.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    it seems like everytime I actually get somewhere i sabotage myself. I ate so much candy and bad carby foods over the last week and gained my lost stalled weight back. Round 2 I guess lol

I did the same this week. Back at it today.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Not Epic. Human. Try not to make a habit of it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Just brush yourself off & try again.

The only way it can be an epic fail is if you would give up on the whole diet/exercise/lifestyle change. Keep plugging away everyday & you'll get to your goal.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess that if I were not on a conference call, I would eat ALL of the chocolate in this building. Between being $60000 out of balance for September and an almost $500 bill to have my water pump replaced, I am stressed out.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess that if I were not on a conference call, I would eat ALL of the chocolate in this building. Between being $60000 out of balance for September and an almost $500 bill to have my water pump replaced, I am stressed out.

Ugh! HUGS!