Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ammey- thanks for the encouragement! It's the first time I haven't gained anything on a special occasion.

Lanna- I love the numbers idea! I'll give it a try.

Annie- I'm sure it was a shock to her system! Everyone assumes dorms are these glorious things.. nope, four cement walls, a bed, a dresser. Good enough. Sorry pumpkin picking was stressful. Doing anything with extended family is a bit of a mess, I think.

Happy monday, y'all! I'm .3 pounds away from my next goal-- 149.9. It's so close, I can almost taste it! Didn't exactly eat to my deficit this weekend, but that's normal for me. Back on track M-F. Seems to work the best.

Managed to slice off a good chunk of my thumb with a mandolin slicer yesterday, so aside from babying that hand I'm trying to eat a bit more protein/vitamins/a few hundred (150-200) more calories than normal to aid in the trauma healing. Besides that, quiet weekend, a lot of quality time with the puppy and a lot of QVC watched. My favorite kind of weekend.

It's getting colder here in the mornings (50s) and it makes me miss living in New England. Might drag the s/o to a pumpkin patch and corn maze this weekend. We'll see.

168- Highest Weight ever(1/2016)
    154- Lowest weight achieved first round (4/2016)
    150.2- Saturday morning
    145- Weight at start of relationship (12/2013)
    135- Goal weight

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options

Oh Sam - I am reeling from just the mere thought of what happened to your thumb. OMG. I cannot touch those things. DH has two of them, and I can't go near them. They scare me. I hope your thumbs heals well and soon!

Sara - nothing in the mailbox today. Mail coming to NYC is like sending it to Siberia and back. It's just not normal. Does Tillie hold still when you wash her little feet? I hope she is on the mend.

Annie - Here's hoping your left leg gets better soon. I know how you feel.

Ammey - You guys are ambitious with that bathroom fix up. Good for you!

Waves to Dawn and Jen and Chamie and Liz......and EgMontana....

Oh - 1 NSV for me: I went to Esther's water exercise class at my health club for the first time in 6 weeks, since my surgery. (surgeon's orders to stay out of pool for 6 weeks). It was great to get in the water and move around.

Lana
  • Ammey68
    Ammey68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ouch, sending lots of warm thoughts towards Annie and Sam to heal the injuries! Neither of them sound very fun, but hopefully they will feel better soon!

Lana- Congrats on being able to go to the water class! What kinds of exercises do you do there? I can't easily afford a gym membership, because they are all so expensive around here. Otherwise I'd be so interested in doing something like that. Or just going to a gym in general. However, I run in circles around my block instead... At least it's free! :)

Half an hour left of work, then I'll be dragging DD to dance class. With how crabby she was this morning, it might be a challenge. I'm just going to keep picturing the Vikings game and the beer that will be waiting for me at home afterwards; I ate well enough today that I can have one or two cans tonight!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sam - I am with Lana just reading about your finger made me wince. I am so scared of them that while I have them, I keep them in a safe place and dont bring out often.

Calzone is waiting for me, and not too difficult, so will let you know how they taste later. They need to cool down. They turned out well, will make them again. Nice to try new things and they work out.

Lana - mailed today look at mail box end of this week.... Great job on getting out and moving.

Ammey - my best exercise is walking, doesnt cost and you can always find places to get more steps in.

My numbers
    187 - highest documented weight (but I know it was higher) - when I started WW
    162 - lowest weight I saw this past week
    164 - current weigh in weight
    137 - where WW says I should be.

Nice idea to post #s. Reminds me I need to work just a little harder.

Cooler here so warm drinks at the bar - hard apple cider/ spiked hot chocolate and coffee drinks. In case you want something cold and salty, that is always available. It's also BOGO night for cboys menu items so enjoy!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning!

Nice to have my dinners ready for me, stops the snacking and wandering. Will see how calzones hold up day after....

Stood on scale, I ask myself 'can stress put on weight?' as I am back down again....Just thinking out loud.

Coworker who has driven me to apts had a rough day yesterday and I am taking one of my calzones for her to try and tell her how easy they are to make. I gave away my cookbooks. For me it helps if I do good deeds in my week at work to balance out the negative. Since the #1 witch got another position somewhere else things are not as bad, so the urgent need to balance out isnt as great, which is a relief.

Lana - Tillie looks at me like I am punishing her. She is there for a minute and her feet are sometimes wet anyway.....her teeth are doing better so we focus on her allergies.

Just heard Oatmeal. Wishing all a great day. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Tuesday

How odd. I have no zero none medical appointments today. I guess it's just me and Esther's class this afternoon.

This time tomorrow, DH will be gone, and I will have my apartment to myself to clean and get ready for chemo on Thursday. At long last, I will have peace and quiet for 1.5 months. I hope nothing happens to bring him home early. Disaster, pestilence, plague, and calamity usually follow DH......maybe just a deadly poisonous snake bite in the Brazilian jungle? No, that's bad karma to think that way; I hope nothing bad happens. Maybe he will love it and not come back.

Sara - once again: glad Witch #1 is gone!

BBL

245.6 - Highest Weight ever
    223.6 - Today
    208.6 - lowest weight achieved with WW & Serial Starters Jan. 1, 2016
    175.0 - goal weight
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi All-

Been MIA for a bit...really just been binging - like over the top. I won't even list it all. I think I mentioned I moved back to my old job/town. I also have moved back to old habits- just lots of indulgences and not moving. I decided that to get back into the swing I need to just take things back a notch- so cut out a ton of food yesterday (this was binge food I had had for hte past month) and got a good night sleep. Switched back to skinny latte from salted caramel mocha. Amazing how it just starts creeping- I saw it listed in starbucks- ordered it for a treat- then went to daily to 2x daily drink of this iwth whip cream - then added a brownie or cookie to it- and then didnt even think of all those calories in my day-- it didnt count because i ate them on the way to work. I have not been to WW in a month or so-- got really turned off the last time i was there and that sent me on my slide and i kept on blaming it on ww and the womans comments but that was an excuse for a day - not a month.

Hope everyones been well -

Lana- hope you are gettin tback into the swing of thing.. where is your husband going? I missed so much

Waves to Sara, Annie, Amy and everyone else--
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, y'all.

Thanks for the healing wishes for my poor thumb. Without going into gory details, my body is doing its job and its on the mend, slowly but surely. Focusing on getting rid of water weight the next few days, and logging everything. I'm less hungry today than yesterday, so that's an improvement. Now I just need to work on getting more sleep, but I'll be lucky if the s/o's schedule allows.

Hoping my planner stickers show up today. It's a dumb excuse to not be productive, but it's the only one I've got left. After that, I've gotta hit the books. An old coworker messaged me this morning, and it sufficiently made me miss New Hampshire. Pair that with Spotify rudely playing a song from my ex's favorite album and.. it's time to roll around in a pile of feelings.

Calny- Proud of you for getting back on track! Habits are so distinctly linked to locations-- it takes a big effort to make that change, and good for you for doing it! Are you planning on going back to weight watchers?

Sara- Glad work is getting a bit easier, sorry your coworker is having a rough time. You sound like a lovely person to be working with!

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    hey Lana - did I see a lower # on your Today segment?? Good job!

Jen - one habit at a time. You can do this.

Sam - sending good planner stickers - whatever works. Put your favorite kick *kitten* song in your ears and blow the rest away.

At work - shhh!!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

My getting back on track isn't going as well as I planned after the weekend. Note to self, stay on track this coming weekend and it will be easier to head back into the following work-week. Aching, painful leg does nothing for my resolve. Lunch ended up as carby leftovers and there were treats at work in the afternoon. I only ate some cereal for supper, but again, too many carbs.

Today is better, so far. Leg is feeling a bit better, which is a relief. DH said he would put homemade beef stew in the crockpot for supper. That will make a good supper and good leftovers for lunch the next few days. Chilly, drizzly day here. Head is feeling a bit fuzzy and achy due to weather. I should buy stock in Advil!

I couldn't believe it when DH came home from grocery shopping on Sunday evening and had started our Turkey Card! The local grocery store will give you a free turkey around Thanksgiving if you spend so many $$$ between now and then. It should not be a problem with our family of 4/5 to spend enough to earn at least one free turkey. But it is a signal of the holiday season approaching! All the more reason to buckle down and try to drop a few more lbs before the holiday treats appear!

Welcome back Jen! Missed you!

Sara - glad your dog is doing better. And happy that work is going better, too. It's amazing what a difference one person can make.

Lana - enjoy your peaceful, quiet time.

Hello and waves to anyone I missed!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    oops seems I wrote a bad word and "kitten" got put in its place, I have no clue what a kick "kitten" is, but the gist of it should be understood.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Just clicking through......honestly had a tad too much at cocktail time....the "Last Supper" mentality.....
    Will be good tomorrow,, the day before the first chemo.
    DH has gone to the airport......Yay!

ZZZZZzzzzz.......

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    New toe nail polish is : opi.com/color/push-and-pur-pull-0

Dinner in toaster oven.

Will make this the month to find a new car. Had this one for 16 years and need a used car as I use car part time.

Lana - alcohol and chemo - wise to not mix the two. Cboys got the memo that you are a free woman for the next month of so, expect to see them stop by more often. I will be by soon with Miss Tillie to check out the new cboys.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Jen - DH is going to Brazil for a month and a half.....I'm happy and not happy about it all at the same time.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - Forgive me if I missed something recently, but I think your doctor should know about your leg. Don't assume it will get better on its own. Could be something that needs to be looked after. Take good care of yourself!

Hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie - I agree with Lana - nothing worse than chasing something that a dr visit could stop / nothing else you may find another way to manage the pain.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thanks, Lana and Sara. I have a suspicion it's related to my bum knee. I've been noticing more issues with it lately and have talked about going in to talk to the doctor...but then it feels better. I HATE going to the doctor. Don't want to stand on the scale as it will be higher than when I was last there. Hate to have my BP checked. Just don't like being under the microscope. But I do wonder if I could need some physical therapy regarding the knee. I was diagnosed with rough cartilage under the kneecap when I was in junior high. Never did anything about it because I wasn't in sports and it was a minor irritation. Then I broke that ankle in college and it didn't heal correctly. The achilles on that ankle is pretty much frozen. So, I'm sure I walk funny on it and I know I don't have the range of motion/mobility I should have. It's a perfect storm for problems and now that I'm reaching my mid-40's, maybe my body is getting back at me for coping all these years.

That being said, I have history with the other leg doing something like this due to an issue with my hamstring and psoas muscles. So, could be related. I have gone for chiropractic adjustments and massages periodically over the last couple of years to keep it in check. I was just telling DH it was probably time to get a massage on the calendar.

But I am watching it closely because all of my siblings have dealt with blood clots in the past. All three have a factor in their blood that makes them more likely to develop a clot. That means I probably have the factor, too, but I have never been tested. The factor DOES NOT guarantee that you will ever develop a clot. It's a weird thing. But all of them developed clots after things like sports injuries and car accidents. I haven't been involved in either in the last week. So, watching it.

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Waves to everyone. Sorry been away. Trouble with phone... Lack of data.. Still so much craziness at work ..I just feel like giving up so much... I'm letting treats get the better of me...mostly cuz they're in front of me, but also from stress... We had a guy walk in our lobby at work and leave a tote full of 7 puppies, walked out and didn't look back...people... I just don't get it...

I did try a new recipe that I didn't know was WW at first...its new to me anyway...Chocolate pumpkin muffin/cookies...Soo simple and Soo yummy...

Will try to check back, soon...

Hugs-
    Dawn
  • ASalner
    Options
    So, I chatted with my brother tonight and decided to make an appt to see the doctor tomorrow. Better to have it looked at. I made the mistake of stepping on the scale tonight before my hot bath. After 4 days of not great eating, it said I'm up almost 6 lbs. :( So, feeling very sad and ashamed. Now, I know I'm pretty puffy and some of that is water weight. But still. Why do I do this to myself?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Annie - I saw your post last night and did a little happy dance. Dr.s have a really hard time when someone comes in and says they have had x for 3 months it got worse and then it went away and ask Dr to fix it. Keep your Dr in the loop on this one. I have had more Dr apts in the last 3 months than in years (total 7) - dentist is next week. I am done for awhile and phew.

Cold enough last night to get bottom half of pj outfit and went back to bed with hot water bottle. Dog was fussing too much last night. Upper 80's in weekend so not pulling out Fall/Winter bedding just yet.

Lana - good luck with chemo tomorrow. Think of your month and a half to do what you want when you want in your living space for a change. Is DH gone for the time of your treatments or is that his calendar?

Numbers
    187 = highest I can verify
    161 - lowest I have seen this week - does not include all official weigh in items
    164 - current weigh in
    137 - goal weight.

Wave to all who follow - have a great Wednesday.