Ghost Stories - I Want To Hear Your Best!

Options

Replies

• STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    bump for the night.

3h1z3nrddpnv.gif
  • WaCowboy
    WaCowboy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have 2 stories same location. When I was in High school I was living in an old motel that was converted to apartments with my mother and siblings in Las Vegas. For work I would assist the maintenance lady in maintaining the apartment complex. One day we had a job to clean out an abandoned apartment. She assigned me to do it, and she made sure she was too busy doing something else to help. I was cleaning up and packing all the items left behind in boxes, and then carry them outside. What was strange is that when I would return to the room there was always a box opened up even though I know I closed them. Plus I was getting an eerie feeling every time I went through the living room. I brought it up to the maintenance lady and she informed me that just a few days ago the renter had hung himself in the living room from the fan. The stuff I was packing up was all of his belongings.

Fast forward 5 months later, my family and I were just laying down to bed. The next day we were moving to a new apartment complex. About an hour after we went to bed I was woken up by banging of kitchen cabinets in the kitchen. You could also hear some of the dishes moving around. At first I thought it was the cat or the dog getting into something, but moments later I saw them running from the living room into my mom's bedroom (From my bed I had a view of the living room and all the bedroom doors). The banging of the cabinets got worse. By this time we were all up. My mom got up and I watched her walk to the kitchen. As soon as she turned the corner to enter all the banging of the plates, glasses, and cabinets stopped. A couple hours later it started again. Every time someone would walk into the kitchen it would stop. After the third time a few of us gave up on sleeping that night. I was glad to leave that place.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ok I have had a few "paranormal" things happen, all of which I'm sure can be logically explained but where's the fun in that? I'll go from least to most scary.

Apt #1:
    I lived with 4 housemates and my bedroom was right below another bedroom. And constantly I would hear pounding and scraping from the ceiling like someone was dragging furniture around the hardwood floor upstairs. I just assumed he liked to rearrange his room a lot. I finally asked him why he moved his furniture so much and he had no idea what I was talking about.

My dog would wake up in the middle of the night and growl and bark at my closet. Hair on end just staring and growling. Once he was even upset enough he peed on my bed.

My bed was right up against a window with a porch swing outside and the orange glow from a street light. I had the stupid plastic film over the window because it'd get so cold. When the wind blew the plastic would puff up and blow around the edges. More then a few times the swing would start and suddenly stop swinging with no wind blowing. It was creaky too for extra creepiness.

Just when I thought I was going crazy I was away and and my roommates asked if their friends could stay in my room for the weekend. They stayed one night and said they wouldn't sleep in there anymore because "it was very unsettling". For some reason they were legitimately freaked out.

Apt #2:
    Not really an apartment but I spent the summer house sitting for a family that was staying in another state. I would always hear the sound of someone walking up and down the hallway. Like footsteps getting closer and then gradually getting farther away.

I woke up one morning to the sound of someone saying my name. Which I've heard is a common thing. I closed my eyes and heard it again but more clearly. I was thoroughly freaked out so I kind of froze and didn't open my eyes. Then something that felt exactly like two or three fingertips touched my face. I just got up after that.

So this one should surely get me committed to the looney bin...

Apt #3:
    I slept in a loft on a mattress on the floor (hello poor college kid!)
    My bed was about in the middle of the room. I was sleeping, facing the wall away from the edge of the loft. And I woke up because of this overwhelming feeling I was being watched. Opened my eyes - nothing.

The second I shut my eyes I was overcome with the feeling I was being watched again. So I opened my eyes and saw, very vividly, a man dressed in farmer type clothes bent down and staring at me curiously. I screamed, which appeared to startle him because he then stood straight up and looked shocked. I rolled over to the other side of my bed to grab my phone and shine the light on him as he ran away and disappeared right by my stairs. I kept trying to call my mom or my BF or anyone but my hands were shaking so much I kept dropping my phone. Slept with the light on for a week and I still remember very clearly what he looked like.

Ok see now I am too scared to go to bed!!!!! :#
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ok here is mine ! It's an old one, about 30 years ago wtf

My parents are divorced and so my brother and I would often spend weekends at my Dad's house. Anyway I remember when I would stay there I would feel uneasy and I still remember when I slept at night crying myself to sleep as I felt like something was watching me. I would face the wall and be too scared to move or open my eyes.

He eventually sold that house. I found out many years later that he actually got someone from a local church to come and bless the house before he moved out. Turns out he had been seeing black shadows and feeling movement brush passed him. The church person ( I dunno the term) said it was a female spirit who had become attached and possessive towards my Dad.

So I guess that is why I used to feel like I was being rather angrily watched !

In his current house now he and my stepmother has said he has seen black blurs at times but I have not felt anything negative when I have stayed there
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    These are a great read before bed. I have one or two but I am really bad at writing out stories so I won't torture you guys.
  • sw33tp3a_1
    Options
    sw33tp3a_1 wrote: »
    These are a great read before bed. I have one or two but I am really bad at writing out stories so I won't torture you guys.

you should torture us all. Contribute please :)

Alright you've been warned. I'll post mine sometime in the near future. Like before Halloween lol

• sw33tp3a_1
    Options
    It's before Halloween right now :grimace:

Haha true... tomorrow then
  • Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    We rented a house in Birkenhead (Auckland) that was haunted for sure! We were three mates flatting together in varsity, and late at night you could hear the door knob rattle and then something move through the hallway into the kitchen. The worst part is my bed was against the wall that was adjacent to the hallway; I could hear the steps moving from one end to the other.

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    We once lived in this old farm. We would hear thing all the time. It turned out it was Casper farting what a rude little ghost he was.